PDA

View Full Version : Kaka: Gerrard has everything

phantomdj
31-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Brazil star Kaka has hailed Steven Gerrard as ‘the complete modern player’ as well as praising Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

Gerrard has been in fine form in recent weeks, leading Real Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane to suggest he may now be the best player in world football.

And Kaka believes Gerrard, Ronaldo and Messi are currently the greatest players in the modern game.

Asked who he rated as the top three in the world, he told FourFourTwo: “That’s a difficult question.

“If I had to choose three, I would pick Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his skill and speed; Messi, because of his flair and skills; and Steven Gerrard, who for me is the complete modern player.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW14468090331-1555.htm

basslinejunkie
31-03-2009, 09:59 PM
he has improved.does it in the big games now consistently.

djfase
01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Where was he tonight????????????????

Rooney again the life and soul of the team

Spacehopper
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
aint played in his best position thats why

Will
02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Didn't he set up the 2nd goal?

phantomdj
07-04-2009, 12:58 PM
John Terry admits he is dreading the prospect of going head-to-head with 'one of the best players in the world' when Chelsea visit Anfield Wednesday.
The England captain has been overwhelmed by the form of Steven Gerrard in recent weeks and is wary of facing the inspirational number eight in the first-leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie.

"This is probably the worst time to be facing Gerrard," said Terry.

"He's one of the best players in the world, that's for sure. He's in great form at the minute. I'm sort of dreading going there to play him because he is different class.

"With the backbone Liverpool have got – Reina, Carragher, Stevie G and Torres – what a spine that is!

"And Gerrard is the heartbeat of the team, just like Frank Lampard is with Chelsea.

"It's going to be a big clash and we're thoroughly looking forward to it

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2009/apr/5/N163897090405-1146.htm

Numeric
07-04-2009, 01:05 PM
i didn't realise you were gerrard's boyfriend, phantomgay

basslinejunkie
07-04-2009, 03:34 PM
says the fella with a pic of ferguson wiping the cum off his chin on his profile pic!!

Will
07-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Gerrard's probably the best club player in the world right now in fairness, the Prem's joint top scorer in all comps and 7 goals in the CL is awesome for someone with such a strong all round game.

phantomdj
07-04-2009, 05:16 PM
says the fella with a pic of ferguson wiping the cum off his chin on his profile pic!!

ahaha, quality... totally true!

Numeric
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
shame gerrard wasn't playin against chelsea last night eh? oh wait

djfase
09-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Gerrard's probably the best club player in the world right now in fairness, the Prem's joint top scorer in all comps and 7 goals in the CL is awesome for someone with such a strong all round game.

I think ur forgetting the young boy called messi?

The lad can win a game on his own

Spacehopper
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM

tsss....one bad game in how many recently?

at least if he gives the ball away he'll always chase and try and win it back and not just stand there with his hands in the air letting his supposed team mates do the work for him like uniteds golden boy

phantomdj
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM

just the sort of idiotic comment that we expect from an idiot like you.

will the worlds best goalkeeper win a game without the rest of the team in front of him? likewise, players need the spine around them in order for their own qualities to shine. we needed our holding midfielder - masch, that was the difference.

once again, numeric shows his footballing intelligence leaves a lot to be desired.

djfase
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
tsss....one bad game in how many recently?

at least if he gives the ball away he'll always chase and try and win it back and not just stand there with his hands in the air letting his supposed team mates do the work for him like uniteds golden boy

Have to agree.

Ronaldo has cost utd goals in his last 2 games. Doesnt give a fuk.

Take the money and run

Numeric
11-04-2009, 09:31 AM
just the sort of idiotic comment that we expect from an idiot like you.

will the worlds best goalkeeper win a game without the rest of the team in front of him? likewise, players need the spine around them in order for their own qualities to shine. we needed our holding midfielder - masch, that was the difference.

once again, numeric shows his footballing intelligence leaves a lot to be desired.

so you're a two man team, not just a one, my apologies

Will
11-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Liverpool have at least 3 world class players to be fair! Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano... A lot of the others seem pretty mediocre, but it seems to fit the system for the most part and they're a hard working team.

phantomdj
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Liverpool have at least 3 world class players to be fair! Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano... A lot of the others seem pretty mediocre, but it seems to fit the system for the most part and they're a hard working team.

our keeper is world class also!

the italian teams came in for agger and kuyt.

some players can look awesome at one club, but be rubbish in the system at another club, so I suppose the true analysis of a player is not possible and one player could be deemed as exceptionally good, but only because of the spine around him. Very few can do things on their own like Maradona did in the past. These days, the players are bought by the bigger teams instantly.

Richierush
13-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Gerrard is the complete player no doubt i just wish he didnt ****in play for liverpool an he played better for England,doesnt matter if he doesnt play there for his club,a player of gerrards quality should be able to play anywer

dan the acid man
14-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Gerrard is the player of the year for me in the Premier League, where as Ronaldo has had a shocking season imo.

Numeric
14-04-2009, 08:49 AM
where as Ronaldo has had a shocking season imo.

15 league goals and 5 league assists would suggest otherwise

phantomdj
14-04-2009, 12:49 PM
15 league goals and 5 league assists would suggest otherwise

'by his standards????'

Anyway... do you honestly believe Ronaldo deserves the player of the year award over Gerrard?

Numeric
14-04-2009, 01:18 PM
any world class midfielder is doing a good job if he's scoring twenty goals a season with a handful of assists, last season was exceptional

i think the player of the year vote may have come too early for gerrard, as no-one was mentioning his name until a few weeks back

Will
14-04-2009, 04:40 PM
I could see Giggs winning it, him or Gerrard.

Numeric
15-04-2009, 10:44 AM
the vote is in january isn't it? if so then gerrard isn't gonna get a look in, will be either giggs or vidic

Will
16-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Weren't Liverpool still top in Jan though?

278d7e64a374de26f==