PDA

View Full Version : rebirth question

teknofilth
01-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Have been on the net looking to get some 909/303 sounds to use in Ableton..all roads seem to point to Rebirth..
..have signed up via the rebirthmuseum website but can't see a download for windows vista? Am i being thick or?
or are there other alternatives people recommend? am a novice so the easier to install and use the better..
..cheers ;-)

tonyc2002
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Have been on the net looking to get some 909/303 sounds to use in Ableton..all roads seem to point to Rebirth..
..have signed up via the rebirthmuseum website but can't see a download for windows vista? Am i being thick or?
or are there other alternatives people recommend? am a novice so the easier to install and use the better..
..cheers ;-)

You need to burn the disc image (ISO image) to a CD or mount it using virtual drive software such as Daemon Tools. Rebirth was made well before Vista was even thought of so your best bet is the XP version I'm afraid.

josephjobling
02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
..cheers ;-)

The drum machine collection by ableton is quite nice IMO - there is some nice 909 sounds there - no 303 though - they have been giving it away to existing customers for free (well i got an email from them in january)

ORIS
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
You ever tried ABL?

http://www.audiorealism.se/abl/abl2_announcement.htm

teknofilth
03-04-2009, 01:21 PM
You ever tried ABL?

http://www.audiorealism.se/abl/abl2_announcement.htm

If I want to use Ableton as a 3rd deck, chucking in samples and techno/acid loops as and when..this program allows me to do that? Audiorealism has the samples and then I can just tweak them and program them and put them in ableton?
I am a newbie to production hence the basic question ;-)

josephjobling
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
If I want to use Ableton as a 3rd deck, chucking in samples and techno/acid loops as and when..this program allows me to do that? Audiorealism has the samples and then I can just tweak them and program them and put them in ableton?
I am a newbie to production hence the basic question ;-)

You can do all this - you will need to use midi patterns for the ABL but these can be saved and used when ever you need

278d7e64a374de26f==