PDA

View Full Version : Ben Deviant - 'Time Will Tell' (test 1)

Little_Fella!
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Once again not as much time spent on this as I would have liked before posting... as usual !! ;) I have the groove going here n it needs that nudge into the final stages to prevent boredom setting in ...

There seems to be a fine balance between making a 'stand alone' track and one that is very DJ friendly as far as mixing is concerned... space in the mix for elements from other tracks is needed n such .. I aint found that balance yet

Ben Deviant - 'Time Will Tell'
(http://www.mediafire.com/?yqtmzjnnmzx)
Production pointers most welcome folks and any ideas for one off progressional elements and the timing for these - - as in thinking more along the lines as to the 'when' in the mix more than the 'what'... as I know i need to find some more 'time' related elements... cheers people:cool:

DannyBlack
06-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Grabbing this now mate!

BloodStar
07-04-2009, 06:24 PM
word up ben, my london bruv. this is nice trance tune.

hehe, just kidding. you have got pretty nice tune here. rich bottom end and nicely delayed lead sounds on the top. pretty funky. nice work on the resonances ;-]

personally, i would add some countre ambience to that resonant long sound you have got there already.. track is prety solid as it is, but still can benefit from adding something new for the crowds, tho :]

production wise, i like it. all sounds nicely balanced and mixed together. loving the bass rumble :]

need more, hehe.

curly
07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Clean Funky Phat, that is how i describe this, i cant believe how clear and crisp you get your kick and bass to sound.

you Production is so much clearer than mine i cant comment.

DannyBlack
07-04-2009, 09:23 PM
yeah, top stuff. i love that de tuned umek type piano thing. nice barking eerie stuff mate. production wise, im not quite good enough to comment.

Little_Fella!
11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
@ Vlasta: slovo autobus my fine Czech Charver... ummm well that's what the translator gave me anyways! :briggin: LOL

Was just waiting so that I could message you from ma new 'soooper doooper troooper compoooter' !! .. innit on ma 22" wide screen 2.02GB Dual Core large bestest motherboard extra 'avin it n that (cheers Steve!!) .. can you tell the difference?? ... :briggin:

Yeah I'll definitely look for some thing to play off the resonant riff on the ambient front - good thinking - actually my lead sound is too quiet in the mix which I didn't notice at the time so gonna nudge that up a bit too - should still be quite balanced.. oh yeah n definitely something for the crowds! :; cheers for that mucka :cool:

@Danny: Glad you like it mate - always try to see if there is anything you feel you can add as although this is about production there is still structure and ideas that can be focussed on... the more input the better as even if you mention summink that doesn't get used it can still set off a train of thought...:cool:

@Curly: Thanks again to you for the complementary feedback - - and again any input or ideas help the process along... cheers :cool:

vinvanman
11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Sounds great, the only thing i would change is the hat/ride at at about 2.13, i'd add a little delay there but thats just a personal choice, the mix is well clear and balance with a whooper low end, tis cool

Little_Fella!
12-04-2009, 02:09 AM
@ vinvanman: yeah I'll have a play around with that see if it can be more than what it is when it comes in... this was the first draft, so kept things basic n then the tweaking can begin!

Cheers for that... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==