PDA

View Full Version : Live8 released today

Patrick DSP
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I've been beta testing this for a while now but I just bought the official release. I'm loving it! lol @ the 1.2Gb download though.

what's your favorite new feature?

DannyBlack
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
what's your favorite new feature?

the fact that im a good boy and dont discuss these matters on a public forum

rhythmtech
03-04-2009, 12:54 AM
good lad danny :wink:

Patrick DSP
03-04-2009, 03:44 AM
LOL danny.

DannyBlack
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
what?? i never said that!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr..... its free because i got my 3 year bonus from work.

f*cker. of course that aint what i meant though haha

herman
03-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Grabbed my copy last night as well , liking the group channels ,the new effects , the ability to finally scrub on previews and a few other minor tweaks. Still a bit early to delve too deep though. Not feeling the new warp system at all at the moment the constant time line seems to be a very dumb idea to me but maybe I just need to get used to it. The midi files for the Latin percussion thingy seem to be missing as well for me which is a bit annoying.

Got to mention the price as well €240 for the entire suite is a great upgrade deal pretty happy with that I have to say.

MARK ANXIOUS
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
i've grabbed mine too. group fx is gonna be really ****in useful. can't stand the new warping but i suppose i'm gonna have trust them on it until i can get used to it. LOVE the extract groove feature and the limiter and multiband dynamics are gonna come in very useful for quick fixes.

share live set will come in handy too. thinking i might just put some stuff public, put links on my myspace etc and see what happens.

all in all, pretty chuffed, but i wish there was more...

josephjobling
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
share live set will come in handy too. thinking i might just put some stuff public, put links on my myspace etc and see what happens.

Please do that would be very good - some good stuff for DJing with would be sweet.....

vinvanman
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
*******Looking in pockets for cash!!!**********

YES ! I feel the need for an upgrade

morbid
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
how easy would coloured warp markers be to do? and a feature to toggle multiple loop points within a clip, like a matrix grid for various marked loop sections. They could have done more with the waveform edit window overall.

I could probably train a monkey to code that on a commodore 64

morbid
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
im only bitter cos cant afford the upgrade by the way

therefore its shit and will stay shit until I own it

josephjobling
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
im only bitter cos cant afford the upgrade by the way

therefore its shit and will stay shit until I own it

Same Here - why do they release it when i'm skint - nightmare - will have the dosh in a month mind so will be streight on line to download it...................

BloodStar
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
gonna upgrade during a week. whats the difference in warping???

heard some rumors, that it is not good move from live7,. anyone?

stjohn
09-04-2009, 04:57 PM
i think its supposed to be better.... different, but better int he long run..
but the same basic principles i think.

herman
09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Essentially the initial difference is you move the transients to fit the time line rather than the other way round like it used to be. I'm sure in time we will wonder why we all complained but it is a bit odd to begin with.

ronlaboa
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
for those of you who cant afford it yet (like me) there is a 14 day trial download available

DannyBlack
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

BloodStar
10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Essentially the initial difference is you move the transients to fit the time line rather than the other way round like it used to be. I'm sure in time we will wonder why we all complained but it is a bit odd to begin with.

cheers, man. looking forward to try it. i expect there is not possible to switch to old fashioned warping?

btw, did anyone try Share Online/work online feature?

vinvanman
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm feeling live 8 very is buggy today, i'm trying to add/change groove to some older tracks that i made in live 7 and it keeps crashing. last night i lost a whole tune that i was was working on all day, it was the best tune in the whole world!!! i saved it, closed it opened another project, then tried go back into it but it wont open. a message shows up saying invalid product ID. i'm pretty pissed off. i've sent the info in an email to ableton with a screen picture of whats happening, so i'm waiting for the reply, i've used ableton since live 5 its solid all the way until now, never had this sort of crap happen. i hope they fix the bugs soon not sure i would tust it to play out live right now

herman
11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Had a similar thing happen to me as well today bizarrely , have been working away nicely since it came out but today it just refuses to open anything I have written in Live since I upgraded. Not too happy about this had some fairly important work on the go as well :(

DannyBlack
21-04-2009, 02:59 PM
so i had €549 burning a hole in my pocket and decided to splash out- Can't wait to load her up later.

vinvanman
21-04-2009, 09:08 PM
so i had €549 burning a hole in my pocket and decided to splash out- Can't wait to load her up later.

Wow man, a full suite, deadly! how is it going so far?

278d7e64a374de26f==