PDA

View Full Version : Champs league Quarter final stage 1!

Insomnia
07-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Tuesday 7.45pm

Villarreal v Arsenal
Man utd v Porto

Wednesday 7.45pm

Liverpool v Chelsea
Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Insomnia
07-04-2009, 06:44 PM
To be honest i'll take a draw away to Villareal this evening
1-1 would suit me fine, then sort them out back home playing our more attacking style we're known for at th Emirates..

Think Man utd will win 2-0 or 3-0 this evening...

Spacehopper
07-04-2009, 06:53 PM
i think both clubs will win tonight.....united more comfortably so i dont think i'll bother watching

Insomnia
07-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I'll take that result the night no probs, thought Wenger should have taken Almunia off before he did along with Gallas, could have cost us dearly..

Villarreal looked real good this evening but feel they knew they had to be that way at home..

I apolgise for Adebayors lack of effort for the season after that subline goal tonight!

phantomdj
07-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Looks like Arsenal are going through.... hopefully.

Also, looks like Man united are going out.... ahahaha.

Almost fluked it again, incredible though!

fatcollective
08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I must admit i underestimated Porto, they went forward and had no fear, United looked tired with lots of sloppy passing and had no edge, it gona be a tough game at Porto for sure, but if United play the way they can i think they can get a result!

looking forward to the game tonight with Chelsea and Liverpool, i rekon it'll be a draw!

basslinejunkie
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
ever since we slaughterd them the mancs have been absolutely shocking at the back. its 3v3 or 3v4 everytime.long may it continue!!

phantomdj
08-04-2009, 10:05 PM
liverpool were crap tonight for most of the second half and it cost us so much. the tie is pretty much over unless a magical performance is delivered.

it is very clear how much we miss masch!! without him the midfield just did not work. Gerrard is unable to play his natural game when the holding midfielder is not there.

lucas was shocking all game. dossena as a sub looked out of his depth. aurelio had a shocker. alonso was far too slow.

drogba missed one in the first half that he should have scored, but the two corners they scored from were ridiculous - bad defending all around.

when torres displaced lampard and lifted the ball in the first half *sigh* if it had gone in then it might have been a different story...

anyway, fair play to chelsea. they respected liverpool and never let us rest on the ball. they were professional and determined.

the only positive from this is that it does look like the mancs are going out as well to a far lesser team than chelsea!

Spacehopper
08-04-2009, 10:05 PM
fair dos, chelsea defo deserved that 1....they played really well, best theyve played for a long time.....kept gerrard out of the game totally..

gonna need a miracle to score 3 at the bridge but anythin can happen in football...

just hope it doesnt dent their confidence in the run in for the title

C.O.Prodigy
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20090103/15/41965881-soccer-fa-cup-third-round-chelsea-v-southend-united-stamford.jpg

Guus did it. It's great that he played Branislav Ivanovic and that the full back re-payed that respect with 2 goals. Guus is great well done Chelsea and Bane and Drogba. Liverpool was lucky against Ath. Madrid and now is paying for that luck.

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/photo/competitions/ucl/81/80/40/818040_mediumsquare.jpg

http://www.uefa.com/ml/images/players/ucl/60x60/93629.jpg
Really is a firm modern defender, Chelsea fill benefit from him playing in the back 4.

Insomnia
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Chelsea looked really good the night, thought they'd blown it with Drogbas missses early on but kept at it and showed some great footy...

C.O.Prodigy
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01381/branislav-ivanovic_1381483c.jpg

Outjumping Gerrard in the penalty area, lovely.

Numeric
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
:lol:

good game last night, best chelsea performance i've seen all season, although i haven't seen much of them tbf

liverpool didn't stand a chance :lol:

united were fairly shit on tuesday night, worst performance i've seen from us all season, i'm sure we'll play better in the away leg though

Numeric
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
ever since we slaughterd them the mancs have been absolutely shocking at the back. its 3v3 or 3v4 everytime.long may it continue!!

imagine if we'd conceded three, then we'd really be in trouble :;

basslinejunkie
09-04-2009, 09:03 AM
if porto had anywhere near the quality upfront chelsea have youd have conceded 10, nevermind 3.

2 poxy corners have ****ed us right up. gona have to pull off the biggest shock ever to go through now.very vry unlikely,but you never know.

rhythmtech
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
f'kin shocking. after all their hard work to get into a strong position going into the match.. and at anfield too :embarrassed:

Numeric
09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
if porto had anywhere near the quality upfront chelsea have youd have conceded 10, nevermind 3.

2 poxy corners have ****ed us right up. gona have to pull off the biggest shock ever to go through now.very vry unlikely,but you never know.

chelsea could have scored more, drogba's two chances early on, and the one cleared off the line, they were just way better than you

united defended badly on tuesday but tbf porto played well, i still think we'll progress

fatcollective
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
im glad liverpool lost. after beating madrid, united and villa they thought they were unstoppable, even i did! thanks chelsea, you done a good job! :biggrin:

C.O.Prodigy
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/photo/competitions/ucl/81/81/03/818103_mediumsquare.jpg

God I love him! :)

As for porto and manU, porto played better and were more dangerous with the ball. I think that at the Estádio do Dragão things will be twice as difficult for the red devils. My prediction - porto goes through.

Will
09-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah, porto were very impressive I thought, worked hard, they had a great system and were a bit unlucky to concede the first goal. Three very dangerous players up front, quite refreshing to see a fron three that were so willing to run at defenders. They're defo favourites now and could go all the way, though Barca and Chelsea look strong too.

SlavikSvensk
09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
barca did look good, but bayern is just not very good at the moment. chelsea's was, IMO, a more convincing victory.

djfase
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I keep saying it boys i know, but dont write chelsea off for the league.

Essien is the key

C.O.Prodigy
10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Essien is the key

+1

:clap:

Microdot
14-04-2009, 12:48 PM
the only positive from this is that it does look like the mancs are going out as well to a far lesser team than chelsea!

The quality of the team that knocks you out of any tournament matters only in the mind of a child.
At the end of the day, if you're out you're out. No ifs, buts or maybes.

For waht it's worth, I reckon the skause will turn it round 3-0 tonight.

phantomdj
14-04-2009, 01:00 PM
The quality of the team that knocks you out of any tournament matters only in the mind of a child.

At the end of the day, if you're out you're out. No ifs, buts or maybes.

For waht it's worth, I reckon the skause will turn it round 3-0 tonight.

A child? Well it was a back-up against numeric's gloating, should Liverpool go out. Of course, I am equally annoyed no matter who the team is that beats us.

The ifs or buts would be legitimate pending on the loss, ie dodgy penalties, faked inuries and many other injustices.

3-0? Possibly, but we will see. 3-0 or 3-1 is Ok for extra time. LFC can have the attitude of nothing to lose, which should give them a better mental edge than if it were closer in scoreline - sounds a little ironic.

Numeric
14-04-2009, 01:12 PM
i'm expecting chelsea to go through, liverpool may score but i can't see them keeping a clean sheet

who knows though, anything can happen

phantomdj
14-04-2009, 10:06 PM
i'm expecting chelsea to go through, liverpool may score but i can't see them keeping a clean sheet

who knows though, anything can happen

I can't stand drogba, the fat ugly cheat. how much longer will commentators and referees suffer such a pathetic example of a footballer in this modern game? It defies belief that they must watch match of the day week after week and read the papers etc, yet still allow idiots like him to fool them on the pitch with such ridiculous dives. It's idiots like him and the referees who allow it to happen that ruin the game and turn it into such a farce.

I can't believe we scored 4 away goals and still lost the tie. It's ridiculous. Reina really threw it away with that own goal and silly positioning for the free kick. We should have won that game and gone through. At 2-0 we looked certain to go on and do it. We had enough chances to win it easily enough - and without Gerrard, for those who call us a one man team etc!!!

I hope Barcelona stuff Chelsea in the next round and Arsenal do them in the final.

C.O.Prodigy
14-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Liverpool played much better without Gerrard, top stuff, still not enough though.

Spacehopper
14-04-2009, 10:15 PM
yea you could see the ref started giving soft free kicks to chelsea after awarding us the pen.....they had like 4 free kicks in the same position within 10minutes..

gutted about the reina mistake, it really gave chelsea the boost they needed....but yea barca will dick em in the semis

phantomdj
14-04-2009, 10:29 PM
yea you could see the ref started giving soft free kicks to chelsea after awarding us the pen.....they had like 4 free kicks in the same position within 10minutes..

gutted about the reina mistake, it really gave chelsea the boost they needed....but yea barca will dick em in the semis

the most annoying thing about reina is that the keeper has very little to do in a game and the one time he is asked to pay attention.... arghh. of course, he has saved us in other games, but you don't remember those in a 'defeat' albeit we didn't lose tonight.

we made a formidable account of ourselves in front of the world's footballing community tonight - bring on the league - Arsenal next, is a must win game to keep the pressure on man united. I would be much more worried if it were at Arsenal, though.

I can't believe how free scoring we are in the last 5 games or so. Incredible.

SlavikSvensk
14-04-2009, 10:36 PM
chealsea and liverpool both looked dire at the back, but hey...it made for an entertaining match. agree that, based on this performance, barca should win that pairing...

C.O.Prodigy
14-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Guus has much more experience then Pepe Guardiola, just for that I think that Chelsea again have the edge in that one.

rhythmtech
14-04-2009, 11:26 PM
damn that was a goof match! pisser we lost :-(

Numeric
15-04-2009, 10:40 AM
incredible game, first class entertainment, shocked at how many goals both teams conceded

amazing effort from liverpool, but chelsea were just too strong in the second half

fatcollective
15-04-2009, 11:46 AM
wat great game that was, really thought liverpool were gonna hammer chelsea, but that little mistake from the keeper gave chelsea a bit of hope!
clever free kick from the first goal, fair play!

unlucky liverpool, only the prem to get your hands on now and you aint getting it because its staying at OLD TRAFFORD!! hahaha!!

Numeric
15-04-2009, 01:17 PM
we made a formidable account of ourselves in front of the world's footballing community tonight -

the effort from your team was commendable, but a formidable account?

in a game liverpool needed to win, they have conceded four goals and managed to scrape a draw, what's so formidable about that?

SlavikSvensk
16-04-2009, 12:21 AM
united and arsenal go through...

Numeric
16-04-2009, 08:57 AM
gonna be two massive games against arsenal, united will have to be much better than they have been of late to progress

happy with the result last night, and our defensive performance was good, cristiano's goal worthy of winning any champions league tie

Microdot
16-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Giggs, as ever, prepared to take one for the team.

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/porto2.thumbnail.jpg

Spacehopper
16-04-2009, 12:35 PM
haha...anderson looks devastated in the background

basslinejunkie
16-04-2009, 01:23 PM
nah, hes just gettin warmed up ready to stick it in afterwards, giggs must look the same as o'gay from that angle......

the reina **** up cost us. he is a great keeper, but does make a habit of **** ups at vital times.

we only conceded the last 2 goals as we were pilling men forward for the vital winner, which id of preferd us to of done rather than the safe approach benitez usualy takes.

C.O.Prodigy
16-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Drogba deflected that ball and made it really hard for Reina to get a hold of it. He still should have done a better job.

Best CL match I've seen for a while now, well done both clubs.

ps. Alex's free kick was the best goal of the lot and the one that won it at the end.

Spacehopper
16-04-2009, 08:39 PM
nah aurelios was better dude....much more thought was put into it and the execution was perfecto!!!!whereas alex just went for power...........

ronaldos goal was by far the best out of all the quarters...awesome strike

C.O.Prodigy
17-04-2009, 12:05 AM
I can see that point of view dude. One can say that Cech does share some of the blame for that fine ball placement on the first goal, then again with Alex one can say that he beat the wall and the keeper spectacularly - too good.

Insomnia
17-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Was more than happy with the Arsenal performance, tidy goal from Walcott.

Man Utd in the semis now, well kinda glad we play them away first..

Gonna be 2 great games for sure...

Numeric
17-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Was more than happy with the Arsenal performance, tidy goal from Walcott.

Man Utd in the semis now, well kinda glad we play them away first..

Gonna be 2 great games for sure...

i thought about you when i saw the score against villareal on wednesday night, gonna be stress playin arsenal three times in such a short space of time, could be four if we both progress in the fa cup, madness

Insomnia
17-04-2009, 03:47 PM
gonna be stress playin arsenal three times in such a short space of time, could be four if we both progress in the fa cup, madness

Aye in reverse also, all my family are Man Utd, can see plenty slagging going on! :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==