PDA

View Full Version : sound driver issues asio / dx

tech_smack
09-04-2009, 01:00 AM
got a few slight annoyances shall we say with my s/c

im running a terratec 6 fire

ideally i like to use the designated 6-fire asio driver which gives me the lowest latency and control over all the ins and outs.

the problem arises in 2 ways.

in reason, if im using that driver i have to reselect it everytime i open reason.

and in reaosn or abelton after i open them , i cannot play mp3's or hear audio from websites as the driver doesnt work.

i have to exit and restart all internet windows or reselect the dx wave drivers in my daws to get normal pc audio.

does anyone know wat i mean here? is there some way to use the asio driver for the main windows soundcard as i dont have the option to select it.

its just annoying , if someone sends me a tune or i want to check a website while using the 6fire asio driver its a pain

if i use dx drivers in my daws have no probs but obv lose out on latency etc, must be someway round this though please help!!!!!

RDR
09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
After reading the manual for the 6 fire i can see that it supports multi-client, multi-channel and multi driver type streaming from both windows audio and a client DAW.

I can't see really why you should be having this problem.

Can you tell us the following please?

1. What EXACT operating system you are running i.e 'Windows XP Home SP1'
2. What version of Reason you are running
3. What your PC spec is including MOBO, GFX, RAM and CPU types and amounts

Perhaps you could include some screenshots.

Have you tried different DAW programs to try and replicate the problem.

As a short term solution perhaps you could run your OS sound playback from your onboard s/c on your MOBO and run an analog line to the input of your terratec. You wont lose quality really, and for playback of web audio it makes not the slightest difference.

Regards!

tech_smack
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
i can't see why im having this problem either.

1. its windows xp home edition ver. 2002 ser pack 2

2. reason 4.01

3. pentium 4 2.40 ghz

issues:

if i am using the 6 fire asio in reason after opening reason my standard sound will be overidden ? and wont work, to make it work again i have to open the dx s/c in reason to get full pc sounds back, plus when i reload reason it always says no sound and i have to reselect the 6 fire asio.

and in ableton after i open the program then i lose the abilty to play mp3's outside of the program or hear internet audio until i close the program, but the driver doesnt have to be reselected each time i open it.

thanks for the reply, i hope i can get to the bottom of this

RDR
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
it sounds like the driver is being 'grabbed' by a program and then that program isnt letting go.

I wonder if updating the fire6 drivers would help? or perhaps un-installing them and re-installing them.

have you done a net search for similar problems??

tech_smack
10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
yeah i did a search, i did find a beta driver that is slightly more recent, but not tried it out yet. the latest one on the cards website is the one i have. But yeah the driver is being grabbed as it were .

i spose it wont hurt to have a play about. cheers for the reply

278d7e64a374de26f==