PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup Semi final Wkend!

Insomnia
17-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Sat 17.15

Arsenal v Chelsea

Sun 16.00

Man Utd v Everton

Insomnia
17-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm kinda worried about our defence at the moment, seems to be in big trouble, Gibbs who came in for Clichy is now looking a doubt along with Sagna.

Chelsea leaking 7 goals in last 2 games, hopefully our attacking side of things will work out on the day, Adebayor and Van Persie working well at the moment..

Numeric
17-04-2009, 03:02 PM
two huge fixtures, should be a good game between chelsea and arsenal

the fact that united and everton have to play this semi at wembley is an absolute disgrace

Richierush
18-04-2009, 12:15 AM
two huge fixtures, should be a good game between chelsea and arsenal

the fact that united and everton have to play this semi at wembley is an absolute disgrace

id be alot happier to play it at goodison :lol:

Microdot
18-04-2009, 02:03 PM
id be alot happier to play it at goodison :lol:

likewise.

Insomnia
18-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Thought the ref was a joke..

Everytime Ballack, Terry or Drogba went down it were a free-kick..

As for Wengers 1st 11 i found rather odd leaving far better on the bench, it 's Chelsea we were playing, christ you need your best for that surely!

Richierush
20-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Great result for blues,takes the shine off the result fergie startin a weak side,an a bit disrespectful.Big Games comin up for league title an champs league but ud think the facup would mean just as much as every other,but times have changed an its a pity.Moyes deserves the fa.cup the work he's put in at everton an the amazing job he's done in the years he's been there

phantomdj
20-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Thought the ref was a joke..

Everytime Ballack, Terry or Drogba went down it were a free-kick..

As for Wengers 1st 11 i found rather odd leaving far better on the bench, it 's Chelsea we were playing, christ you need your best for that surely!

I know... they are a diving set of pansies as clearly seen in the Liverpool game.... Drogba is pathetic and I have no respect for him at all.

phantomdj
20-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Great result for blues,takes the shine off the result fergie startin a weak side,an a bit disrespectful.Big Games comin up for league title an champs league but ud think the facup would mean just as much as every other,but times have changed an its a pity.Moyes deserves the fa.cup the work he's put in at everton an the amazing job he's done in the years he's been there

Haha, exactly. And fergie had the cheek to attack benitez about being disrespectful to Everton??? It's funny that the long face of Sam Allardyce and the 'coholic face of Fergie did a calculated attack on Benitez at the weekend and got it completely wrong...

Finally, someone (benitez) is truly getting under Fergie's skin and I'm loving it.

Numeric
20-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Haha, exactly. And fergie had the cheek to attack benitez about being disrespectful to Everton??? It's funny that the long face of Sam Allardyce and the 'coholic face of Fergie did a calculated attack on Benitez at the weekend and got it completely wrong...

Finally, someone (benitez) is truly getting under Fergie's skin and I'm loving it.

impotent wretch

united's priority is the league and champions league, and the starting line-up yesterday reflected that, sir alex wasn't being disrespectful to everton, he was using the resources he has available, and to be fair, the young lads did well, it was a decent performance against a strong everton team, the conditions didn't help matters

i'm happy that united kept a clean sheet, defensively we were solid

berba is a cunt

basslinejunkie
20-04-2009, 09:30 AM
hahaha

when you come up against half decent sides your ****ed.

cant wait for arsenal to dick you in the c.l.

Numeric
20-04-2009, 09:43 AM
hahaha

when you come up against half decent sides your ****ed.

cant wait for arsenal to dick you in the c.l.

erm, did you see the united starting line-up?

in any case, judging from everton's performance yesterday, if we'd have started the first team united would have tore them a new one

phantomdj
20-04-2009, 12:12 PM
impotent wretch

united's priority is the league and champions league, and the starting line-up yesterday reflected that, sir alex wasn't being disrespectful to everton, he was using the resources he has available, and to be fair, the young lads did well, it was a decent performance against a strong everton team, the conditions didn't help matters

i'm happy that united kept a clean sheet, defensively we were solid

berba is a cunt

hahaha

basslinejunkie
20-04-2009, 01:38 PM

in any case, judging from everton's performance yesterday, if we'd have started the first team united would have tore them a new one

you havent tore anyone a new one for a long long time.

ferguson was trying to protect your fragile confidence at the moment.hopefully we can do arsenal this tues and really put you to the test.

Numeric
20-04-2009, 01:43 PM
you havent tore anyone a new one for a long long time.

ferguson was trying to protect your fragile confidence at the moment.hopefully we can do arsenal this tues and really put you to the test.

since when has four weeks been a 'long time'?

and there didn't seem to be any lack of confidence from united yesterday

basslinejunkie
20-04-2009, 01:46 PM
so the fa cup counts when you do someone in it, but it doesnt when you go out?

Spacehopper
20-04-2009, 01:54 PM
i thought it was just an all round poor game and both teams deserved to go out...

berbatov is the biggest waste of money i have ever seen....they need to send him packing and buy a real striker....

united did look more of a threat going forward but you could see how much they need ronaldo and rooney to create a bit of magic around the box....most of united games would be 0-0 borefests if them 2 f**ked off

Numeric
20-04-2009, 01:56 PM
so the fa cup counts when you do someone in it, but it doesnt when you go out?

when have i said the fa cup doesn't count?

Spacehopper
20-04-2009, 01:57 PM
and fergusons reaction after the penalty shout was great....good job moyes pointed out that mike riley supports united otherwise that had to be a penalty

basslinejunkie
20-04-2009, 03:13 PM
when have i said the fa cup doesn't count?

well youve said other comps are the priority.

Numeric
20-04-2009, 03:25 PM

that doesn't mean we didn't want to win the fa cup though, of course we did, what i meant was sir alex had to take a risk because of fixture congestion and play a number of the young players, and tbf they did well

considering the way everton performed, i'm confident that if we'd had rooney or ronaldo united would have won the game, but sir alex made his choice

Microdot
20-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Great result for blues,takes the shine off the result fergie startin a weak side,an a bit disrespectful.

that's complete shite mate.
in what way is it disrespectful for SAF to want to rest his players for the run-in in the league?
Why the fcuk should he even have to consider what is respectful or not to the opposition?
His job is to do what he thinks is best for Manchester United Football Club, nothing more, nothing less.

He picked a team that he thought was capable of winning the game, and he wasn't far wrong. Had Riley given the nailed on penalty to Utd towards the end (and anyone other than Berbatov had been taking it), he would probably have been proved right.

As a side note, was very impressed with the performance of a couple of Utd's youngsters, especially Wellbeck who, if he beefs up a bit, could well be one to watch for the future.

Richierush
20-04-2009, 04:34 PM

dont make me laugh the united first team have been playin wank the second string probably made it harder for everton,you had an ok second game against porto you only won that from a wonder strike befor then ive forgot the last time you played like top of the league :lol:

Richierush
20-04-2009, 04:40 PM
that's complete shite mate.
in what way is it disrespectful for SAF to want to rest his players for the run-in in the league?
Why the fcuk should he even have to consider what is respectful or not to the opposition?
His job is to do what he thinks is best for Manchester United Football Club, nothing more, nothing less.

He picked a team that he thought was capable of winning the game, and he wasn't far wrong. Had Riley given the nailed on penalty to Utd towards the end (and anyone other than Berbatov had been taking it), he would probably have been proved right.

As a side note, was very impressed with the performance of a couple of Utd's youngsters, especially Wellbeck who, if he beefs up a bit, could well be one to watch for the future.

hows that utter shite,if he was playin chelsea,arsenal or liverpool would he have named the same squad? doubt it. It wont be the best decision when you end up with only the micky mouse cup at end of season because liverpool have done you to the title an you've been knocked out by arsenal in CL,out of the big 4 everyone but mau utd have just hit form at right time :lol:

Numeric
20-04-2009, 04:43 PM
dont make me laugh the united first team have been playin wank the second string probably made it harder for everton,you had an ok second game against porto you only won that from a wonder strike befor then ive forgot the last time you played like top of the league :lol:

what are you sayin then? that if united had started the first team then everton would have tried harder?

in the first half especially, everton were fairly shit

Richierush
20-04-2009, 04:47 PM

lets be honest benitez is the biggest most disrespectful cunt in the prem,callin everton a small club made me have a good laugh it showed how small minded he is,as for gettin under fergies skin,i doubt it he's thicker skinned than any other manager,an when benitez is as successful as fergie is then maybe he can past judgement but on tactics you dont win so much by havin poor ones,thats how disrespectful benitez is

Richierush
20-04-2009, 04:52 PM
what are you sayin then? that if united had started the first team then everton would have tried harder?

in the first half especially, everton were fairly shit

everton always work hard,am sayin the younger more hunry players in the man utd side who started would make it harder than if ronaldo would have had a dance round,the point am makin we have already played you twice an you never "ripped us a new one" when you had your first team out at a time you were playin well,now the first team is playin shite,playin the second string he did was the best thing he probably could have done :lol:

phantomdj
20-04-2009, 05:19 PM
numeric changes his mind all the time. he is a double minded bloke, so don't expect any sense :D

Numeric
20-04-2009, 05:26 PM
numeric changes his mind all the time. he is a double minded bloke, so don't expect any sense :D

read the posts numb nuts

Spacehopper
20-04-2009, 05:53 PM
fergie is now blaming the pitch for uniteds defeat, saying it was spongy and dead and the team could not move the ball around quickly, and only prefered to play the younger players as he didnt want the first team players playing extra time on it.....joker

Will
20-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I hoped United world win since they have a better chance of beating the Chelsea scum, but still, Everton deserve to win it after beating Liverpool and United, but I think Chelsea are strong faves. Surely Berbatov has to go in the summer, what do united fans think?

Shit game though I thought. United's strength in depth doesn't look so goos after all based on that game and Macheda's back down to earth now, though he was maybe United's best player.

djfase
20-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Great win for football that, and i only hope everton win the cup.

As for berbatov, I said he was shocking against fulham the other week, and imo is very detrimental to the utd side. He is lazy and cudnt give a fuk.

£30mill for berba or 30mill for rooney? Whos value for money? Defo the not the former. Shocking

Spacehopper
20-04-2009, 08:17 PM
if berbatov does go they will probably only get half back what they paid for him

Insomnia
20-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I know... they are a diving set of pansies as clearly seen in the Liverpool game.... Drogba is pathetic and I have no respect for him at all.

Drogba is unreal, his physical presence makes him hard to play against, though you'd think his strength would keep him on his feet instead he goes down like he's been shot!

As for Terry, what a knob, honest i recall one stage he had the ball as his feet and tugging Fabregas away from him, he slipped and covered the ball so Fabregas couldn't get it and won a free kick! (joke) aint the word!!

Still why was Arshavin or Nasri on not on from the start i'll never understand!!

Numeric
21-04-2009, 08:48 AM
fergie is now blaming the pitch for uniteds defeat, saying it was spongy and dead and the team could not move the ball around quickly, and only prefered to play the younger players as he didnt want the first team players playing extra time on it.....joker

if you had cared to watch his pre match interview, sir alex was asked if the reason why he rested so many key players is because of the state of the pitch and the possibility of injury, to which he replied 'part of the reason'

and, did you even see the game? the pitch was an absolute disgrace, anyone with eyes could see that

Numeric
21-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Great win for football that,

what a ridiculous comment

basslinejunkie
21-04-2009, 09:31 AM
lets be honest benitez is the biggest most disrespectful cunt in the prem,callin everton a small club made me have a good laugh it showed how small minded he is,as for gettin under fergies skin,i doubt it he's thicker skinned than any other manager,an when benitez is as successful as fergie is then maybe he can past judgement but on tactics you dont win so much by havin poor ones,thats how disrespectful benitez is

you are a small club.

why do you think any different?

djfase
21-04-2009, 06:29 PM
what a ridiculous comment

Really?

No doubt u are one of these ppl who feel it unfair that a team outside the so called big four have a chance of winning a trophy?

One of these fans who feel that only their team should everything in sight and not let the others have sniff.

Im sure the majority of the country are glad to see a different team in the final, cos i know when i went to the first cup final at the new wembley(Man u v Chelsea), it was one of the worst games ive ever seen

Numeric
22-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Im sure the majority of the country are glad to see a different team in the final, cos i know when i went to the first cup final at the new wembley(Man u v Chelsea), it was one of the worst games ive ever seen

that cup final was shit, fair do's

Richierush
22-04-2009, 11:12 PM
you are a small club.

why do you think any different?

:lol::lol:

Will
23-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Is it a coincidence the superior footballing sides went out on that pitch I wonder? A bad pitch won't affect Chelsea's hoof ball that's for sure.

Insomnia
23-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Chelsea were shite in the game against Everton last night!

Hope Everton can fcuk them in the final!

Will
24-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Let's hope so! Though as long as Arsenal win the CL, Chelsea can have the FAC and United the PL for all I care, just as long as Chelsea win no more than that.

278d7e64a374de26f==