View Full Version : PFA Player of the Year

Numeric
27-04-2009, 11:11 AM
well done Giggsy lad, legend

http://images.football365.com/09/04/Others/310307.jpg

:)

rhythmtech
27-04-2009, 01:05 PM
happy with that. at least it went to a real pro this year.

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 02:22 PM
ridiculous if you ask me.......

the only reason he got the award is because he's never won it before and he is now approaching the end of his career.

the award is supposed to be for the most outstanding player this season and I could name a fair few players that have had a better season than Giggs.

not taking anything away from him though because he is an outstanding player and hes probably better now that he's ever been but the award was always going to go to a United player.....still cant get over Van Der Sar being in there....was a piss take that is......Paul Scholes will probably win it next year

Numeric
27-04-2009, 02:26 PM
the award is supposed to be for the most outstanding player this season and I could name a fair few players that have had a better season than Giggs.

well? who else has been amazing this year?

the reason why you didn't name any names is because there aren't any, other than probably vidic

Microdot
27-04-2009, 02:28 PM
.....still cant get over Van Der Sar being in there....was a piss take that is......

yeah, it's not like he broke any records for the longest time without conceding a goal or anything is it?!?

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 02:36 PM
,,, thats because your defence has been top class..........thats why vidic if anyone should have won the award.....

lampard and alonso should defo have been in the running for it....

im sorry but can you honestly say that if van der sar was still in net for fulham with fulhams back 4 infront of him then he still wouldve broke those records??? highly doubt it

Will
27-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Good point, van der Sar's nothing special, but the average footballer not being too bright can be swayed by things like a clean sheet record, even though the rest of the team deserve it more than him.

Microdot
27-04-2009, 04:44 PM
can't think of a goalkeeper in the prem that's had a better season than VDS.

Numeric
27-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Good point, van der Sar's nothing special, but the average footballer not being too bright can be swayed by things like a clean sheet record, even though the rest of the team deserve it more than him.

have you his stats on pro evo? nothing special? :lol:

djfase
27-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Remember ladies ,this is voted for the yr jan08 to dec08.

Oh and its for voted for by the players, and the players alone.

So to say this is a fix is a joke.

Fair play, but id still opt for gerrard or vidic

Insomnia
27-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Probs would have been Vidic for me, turned into a class partnership with Ferdinand..

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 08:06 PM
i heard on the radio that Giggs has only made 12 starts this season.....

thought you'd have to be at least on the pitch to win this award....

Spacehopper
27-04-2009, 08:09 PM
can't think of a goalkeeper in the prem that's had a better season than VDS.

cant think of many world class saves that hes pulled off.....few good penalty stops but thats about it....

reina has had a good season.....been a bit dodgy recently though i must admit

Richierush
27-04-2009, 10:17 PM
yea i feel he only won the award because of his age,an i dont believe he's better than he's ever been.I was a bit dissappointed jagilka of everton didnt get in the dream team

basslinejunkie
27-04-2009, 10:40 PM
fishy as ****. how can a player play 12 games and win player of the year?!? has giggs played better than torres in the games they have played?? no chance.

vidic or gerrard would of got my vote.

chris b
27-04-2009, 10:41 PM
well personally im glad ryan giggs has got it after everything hes achieved maybe he didnt deserve it this year like you said i think it should of gone to gerrard or lampard as i feel they've done more for there teams and look at the amount of goals they both score sometimes its them that carry the team that they play for i mean i dont mind chelsea but i wonder where they would be this season if lampard was injured but yeah all im saying is its just nice to see giggsy finally get the award and thats coming from a man that hates man utd with a passion

Microdot
28-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Thing I dont get, is why people are so bothered about it.
It's only a personal award, it's not an actual trophy.

Don't think anyone could argue that he doesn't deserve some kind of recognition for being the absolute model footballer throughout his career.
I think his fellow professionals voted for him this year because of how well he's played considering the fact people thought he was finished.
He's also performed well in every position he's been asked to play this season, including the holding role in midfield a couple of times.
He's certainly been the difference between gaining all 3 or just 1 point for Utd on several occasions.

If we really wanted to be argumentative about who should win it, I reckon Rooney should have had it for the last 4 seasons on the bounce tbh, as he is (with the possible exception of Gerrard) the most important player to his team out of anyone in the league.

Richierush
29-04-2009, 10:55 PM
id agree on rooney having the best of chances along with gerrard.Giggs should have another sort of award for recognition not a player of the year award

lukekendall
30-04-2009, 01:23 PM
its a bit of a joke i agree with microdot!

giggs only won it because he is a legend basically....

its called footballer of the year! he has only started 12 games this season and had i think one goal?! hardly player of the year

dont get me wrong i take nothing away from him he is a legend but nopt player of the year

id say

gerrard or vidic to win it

but players better than him include

rooney
lampard
ferdinand
lescott
alonso

278d7e64a374de26f==