PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd v Arsenal

Insomnia
29-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm thinking our defence is far too weak at the moment and feel that'll be a real problem for us tonight, if we could sneak an away goal it could be the key for the return game at the Emirates..

Numeric
29-04-2009, 05:51 PM
huge fixture tonight, if united can stay tight at the back then i think we'll be able to take a lead down to the emirates next week

arsenal look very vunerable in defence but their passing is so slick at times, they can pass their way through any team, but if they give the ball away half as much as they did against liverpool last week then they're in trouble

c'mon united!! :)

djfase
29-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Cant wait for this. Should be a great game.

Will be goals for both teams

Numeric
30-04-2009, 10:34 AM
good performance last night from united, one of our better this season

i'm happy with the win but we really should have put the tie way beyond arsenal, united looked in complete control for periods of the game and should have scored at least three

arsenal seemed to struggle, i don't think the formation they played suited them, united's midfield kept things tight and protected the back four who were seldom troubled, allthough when rio and vidic were called upon they appeared solid, evra played especially well considering how he's struggled of late, i'm sure arsenal will pose more of a threat next week at the emirates, but if united score then it will be a huge task for arsenal

overall, pleased and confident for the second leg

Insomnia
30-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Lucky it were just the 1 goal we lost, we looked poor and the formation didn't suit that's for sure..

Still not out of it by any means, it'll be a good un next week, hopefully grab a goal early on and take it from there, glad Fabianski weren't playing last night that's for sure!

Will
30-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Arsenal had 48% posession, so hardly complete control, although they played good posession football more than anything, they should have got the ball forward quicker and Bendtner had his back to goal with just one defender near and made a bad pass... shit.

Insomnia
30-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Bendtner had his back to goal with just one defender near and made a bad pass... shit.

He shouldn't even have been on the pitch, still young fair enough but for big games like that, get him to fcuk!

C.O.Prodigy
30-04-2009, 09:25 PM
He shouldn't even have been on the pitch, still young fair enough but for big games like that, get him to fcuk!

He should have started the match, Adebayor was way below par.

Insomnia
30-04-2009, 10:00 PM
He should have started the match, Adebayor was way below par.

Honest man without laughing at your comment are you taking the piss?

I've never seen such a lazy cunt at all my time at Arsenal and he complains why he dont get a game every week!

Dont forget Adebayors wonder goal that put us in the driving seat against Villareal and set us on our way..

Fact Bendtenr is not Arsenal class, i may be proven wrong in years to come but from what i've seen esp at the game at Wigan in which i was at he's a lazy cunt!

C.O.Prodigy
01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Honest man without laughing at your comment are you taking the piss?

I've never seen such a lazy cunt at all my time at Arsenal and he complains why he dont get a game every week!

Dont forget Adebayors wonder goal that put us in the driving seat against Villareal and set us on our way..

Fact Bendtenr is not Arsenal class, i may be proven wrong in years to come but from what i've seen esp at the game at Wigan in which i was at he's a lazy cunt!

Not taking the piss dude.

I do know that he scored a goal that was ruled offside against liverpool from the first chance he got and that he's header last night was the only legitimate chance for Arsenal. I think he's best days are ahead of him, and that he does take defensive players with him because of his style of play and that's what Arsenal need against a brick hard united defense.
I think that all he needs is one chance to score.
I didn't forget Adebayors goal, it was the one that cost me about 30 quid at the bookies, but Adebayor in my view either plays well the whole game or plays shit the whole game it's like there's no in between. Since he was below par Bendtner should have come on sooner and Eduardo shouldn't have come on at all on such an important occasion.

Man U did press on early really well but were lucky with the deflection, but then again great strike from the Irishman the only one good enough to beat Almunia on the night. Great crossbar from Christiano aswell.

Although saying all that I would like to see this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Pato) bloke end up in an Arsenal shirt.

Numeric
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Bendtenr is a loathsome cunt

C.O.Prodigy
01-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Perhaps, I rarely see him play, but I do think he could be the key to unlocking the manchester defense if at all possible with Vidic and Van der sar in the back.

Will
01-05-2009, 04:36 PM
How can you say Eduardo shouldn't have come on? He's our only true striker! And Adebayor chested the ball away from Rio then hit his shot over, when if he'd kept it a bit lower he'd have scored - much better than anything Bendtner did. We should sell him in the summer and either give Vela/Simpson a go, or bring someone else in...

What have you got against him Numeric?

dan the acid man
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM

I agree, he's so arrogant yet he's got nothing to back it up really, How on earth he made it into Arsenals first team i'll never know.

djfase
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Eduardo is a player i rate very highly.

Cant wait to see him when hes back to full fitness

C.O.Prodigy
01-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Cant wait to see him when hes back to full fitness

Full fitness is what I was on about, he's got one appearance this season his second shouldn't have been in the CL semis.

DarkYoung
01-05-2009, 11:38 PM
boring boring arsenal

only joking theur ot bad these days, could do with some British players in the team like.

Walcott is their best player. reckon he should Donny Rovers

Insomnia
02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Gibbs and Walcott coming on strong for the England team bud!

C.O.Prodigy
02-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Gibbs and Walcott coming on strong for the England team bud!

+1
Gibbs is awesome

Microdot
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
How can you say Eduardo shouldn't have come on? He's our only true striker!

Arsenal looked alot better once Eduardo came on. Not that they could have got much worse.

force
02-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Only saw the first half on sopcast until it started fcking up. Arsenal didn't seem to even turn up from what i could gather. trying to keep the ball was a joke...

Numeric
04-05-2009, 10:51 AM
How can you say Eduardo shouldn't have come on? He's our only true striker! And Adebayor chested the ball away from Rio then hit his shot over, when if he'd kept it a bit lower he'd have scored - much better than anything Bendtner did. We should sell him in the summer and either give Vela/Simpson a go, or bring someone else in...

What have you got against him Numeric?

i just dislike the bastard, no real reason

i get the impression that he believes he's a lot better than he actually is

phantomdj
04-05-2009, 07:21 PM
come on arsenal! pretty much all the nation will be supporting them because of that arrogant red faced childish 'cholic manager of united.

Insomnia
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Van Persie back, shame Eduardo aint though..

Insomnia
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Saying that **** it i'd stick on Vela and see if he could do something in the 1st half!

Spacehopper
04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
thats a boost with Van Persie being back......wonder if Ferdinand will be playin??

Insomnia
05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
wonder if Ferdinand will be playin??

From what i've heard this morning he will be...

Numeric
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
come on arsenal! pretty much all the nation will be supporting them because of that arrogant red faced childish 'cholic manager of united.

not everyone is as bitter and childish as you

phantomdj
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM

and there are worse.... um, numeric?

Will
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Saying that **** it i'd stick on Vela and see if he could do something in the 1st half!

Yeah, Vela deserves more chances, I think he's the best player we have for linking the play up front.

C.O.Prodigy
05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Vela deserves more chances, I think he's the best player we have for linking the play up front.

+1
Would like to see way more of Vela.

djfase
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Again cant wait for this. Arsenal to score first anyone?

C.O.Prodigy
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2238/51rtpuv9ewlsl500aa280.jpg

Christiano is playing like for her majesty's pleasure. Unreal strike.

Spacehopper
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
lick his arse like that cunt commentator clive tyldesley......almunia shpuld have done better..

no faulting the counter attack goal....class stuff as always by united

game wouldnt have been the same if gibbs aint have slipped.....usual united scabby shit

to be honest im pretty gutted for darren fletcher because he heas been a quality player for the scum this season no doubt about it.....red face alway plays in him in the big games and he never puts a foot wrong....fully deserved to play in the final but yet again a twat of a referee ruins things

C.O.Prodigy
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
double-O-seven mate

Gibbs made a mess of things but Park proved class as always, good for Van persie he deserved that goal.
Vela and Bentner could have started imo.

Numeric
06-05-2009, 08:18 AM

i guess the rest of the nation is in deep mourning today then? :lol:

awesome performance from united, showing all our european culture and experience

gutted for fletch though

Insomnia
06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
We ****ed right up and i had to leave to clear my head around the 10mins area..

Fletcher was never a sending off and no penalty...

Insomnia
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Bentner could have started imo.

Think we need to cash in on him while we can...

Numeric
06-05-2009, 12:52 PM
arsenal are a young team and were missing key players in defence last night

it was a great achievement for them to reach the semi finals of the champions league, considering the other teams that fell short in the competition, arsenal will be back

Insomnia
06-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd say Wenger will need to spend in the summer...

Defence been toiling against Man Utd, we dont have the sqaud to cover that area that's for sure..

Toure and Gibbs sound like...

Djourou aint up to the standard for me to be honest...

phantomdj
07-05-2009, 12:53 PM
i guess the rest of the nation is in deep mourning today then? :lol:

awesome performance from united, showing all our european culture and experience

gutted for fletch though

we are all mourning yes.

did you see fergie blank beckham at the end? they were showing it on sky. it was pathetic and showed a complete lack of respect. fergie is probably the most disrespectful 'head up his own arse' manager we have ever seen.

Numeric
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
we are all mourning yes.

did you see fergie blank beckham at the end? they were showing it on sky. it was pathetic and showed a complete lack of respect. fergie is probably the most disrespectful 'head up his own arse' manager we have ever seen.

no i didn't, this isn't another one of your fantasies again is it?

and, do you really think united fans care about sir alex's personality? he wins titles and trophies, that's all we care about

Spacehopper
07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
you gotta chuckle at phantom and numerics arguments :laughing:

Numeric
07-05-2009, 02:27 PM
out of all the football fans that have come and gone from this message board down the years, phantom is clearly the most clueless, even worse than RE:HAB, if that's possible

Microdot
07-05-2009, 03:34 PM
out of all the football fans that have come and gone from this message board down the years, phantom is clearly the most clueless, even worse than RE:HAB, if that's possible

thought they were the same person tbh

Will
07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Well... I wouldn't say united played especially well - they didn't have to, though we were a bit unlucky with the first two goals which in effect killed the game... I'm disappointed they didn't put up more of a fight though, there was no real leadership on display.

I mean they did well to get to the semi's and I thought there'd be no digrace going out at this stage and to the holders - unless we put in a disgraceful performance and after the 2 goals it wasn't far short of a disgrace, they were just going through the motions and put in no real effort, if that had happened to United or Liverpool things would have been very different.

Next season we need more leadership, comittment, physical presence, organisation and experience, plus greater tactical variety and the only way we'll get that is by splashing the cash. Though at least we'll have Arshavin in the Cl next season, without doubt our best player.

I feel sorry for Gibbs though, hopefully he'll bounce back and we'll give a lot of our young talent a go in the remai ning games, especially the British ones.

xes
14-05-2009, 05:07 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/30sa4b8.gif

:lol:

Spacehopper
14-05-2009, 05:37 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

DarkYoung
15-05-2009, 11:57 PM

:lol:pmsl

278d7e64a374de26f==