PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress

tonyc2002
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.elevationmusic.co.uk/tracks/the_bells_of_revolution.mp3

Anyone able to offer feedback/advice on how to progress with this. I'm quite confident the foundation is solid but am looking to introduce a bit more variation.

DannyBlack
04-05-2009, 12:13 AM
yo tony! nice base you have there. i like. not sure about that clap though. sounds a bit lonely and dry. other than that- can't wait to hear the full thing.

ORIS
04-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I like the freaky bass line, that works!!! Also love the pads you bring in, nice use of verb.

I think it could do with a little bit more percussion just to add some variety.

It's sounding good so far mate, looking forward to an update.

;-)

curly
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
liking the bass in this, and really liking the vocals, the bell sound that starts at 2:51 sounds good but i feel it needs some more variation, I know you change it at about 3:20 mark, maybe you could take it out during the second breakdown and bring it back in with the beat to cause a greater impact.

tonyc2002
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Appreciate the feedback chaps....Allowing things to musically progress is something I struggle with quite often in my tracks. I always seem to look for things to add rather than stripping back whats there and then building it back up....hmm...will have a tinker hehe :)

vinvanman
08-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice track, good samples, nice pads. ifind when i'm struggling for direction its best to leave it and go back fresh another day or in extreme cases delete the sequence and start a new track/remix with samples/loops/vsts.... its a good tune, work at it

278d7e64a374de26f==