NVIDIA® GeForce® 7200G @ 450MHz

engine clock 256MB GDDR2

- DVI-I Output
- 15-pin VGA Output
- TV-Out (S-video) Connector

peripherals:

3 x FireWire 400 ports Texas Instruments T.I TSB43AB23
(2 on back , 1 optional headers)
8 x USB 2.0 ports (six on back , two on front )

+ 3 PORT BELKIN FIRWIRE PCIe CARD

uad2 duo (with neve 88rs, neve 33609, la2a, 1176ln & plate 140)

focusrite liquid mix 32

delivery on tues/wed - cant wait to get this monster up and running :smile:

josephjobling
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
bet your looking forward to it arriving - how much did it set you back.

DarkYoung
04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
just ordered my new set-up for the re-vamped studio yesterday :biggrin:

processor:
custom synergy aw7xx pc
intel i7 920 2.66ghz quad duo (8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB) LGA 1366 socket
3gb OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 / 1333 MHz Gold Edition 9-9-9 @ 1.65v

chipset:
Intel® X58 Express Chipset / ICH10R with Intel® Fast Memory Access Technology

storage:

Intel® ICH10R Southbridge:

- 6 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- Intel® Matrix Storage supporting SATA RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10

2 x JMicron® JMB363 PATA and STA controller:

- 4 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s
- Support SATA RAID 0, 1 and JBOD
- 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA- 133/100/66/33 up to 2 IDE devices

expansion:

2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots
1 x PCI Express x8
1 x PCI Express x4
1 x PCI Express x1
2 x PCI slots

graphics:
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7200G @ 450MHz

engine clock 256MB GDDR2

- DVI-I Output
- 15-pin VGA Output
- TV-Out (S-video) Connector

peripherals:

3 x FireWire 400 ports Texas Instruments T.I TSB43AB23
(2 on back , 1 optional headers)
8 x USB 2.0 ports (six on back , two on front )

+ 3 PORT BELKIN FIRWIRE PCIe CARD

uad2 duo (with neve 88rs, neve 33609, la2a, 1176ln & plate 140)

focusrite liquid mix 32

delivery on tues/wed - cant wait to get this monster up and running :smile:
looks amazing. so did you buy that to order? if you don't mind saying how much does all that stuff cost roughly? doesn't look cheap.

rhythmtech
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
looks amazing. so did you buy that to order? if you don't mind saying how much does all that stuff cost roughly? doesn't look cheap.

yup, made to order. worked out a decent enough price. just over £2100, which isnt bad considering the liquid mix and UAD2 duo are in there aswell.

DarkYoung
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
yup, made to order. worked out a decent enough price. just over £2100, which isnt bad considering the liquid mix and UAD2 duo are in there aswell.

well i'm sure it will be well worth it. would you mind just giving some laymans terms on what the actual equipment does.
like what is a liquid mix, a UAD2 duo?

DJPAUZE
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM

What is your addy? This stuff may not show up :)

Nice wan by the way, looks solid!

rhythmtech
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
well i'm sure it will be well worth it. would you mind just giving some laymans terms on what the actual equipment does.
like what is a liquid mix, a UAD2 duo?

liquid mix and UAD are dsp platforms the do analog FX emulations VERY well. they also take the processing load off the cpu by providing their own processors which, in our world is a major help! (especially when running pro tools).

the liquid mix uses outboard processors ainside a hardware controller to provide dynamic convolution compressors and eq (its a process of sampling the actual output of original hardware units)
http://www.record-producer.com/i/focusrite-liquid-mix.jpg

the uad2 duo is a dual sharc processor (you can get up to quad) that uses programmed algorithms to emulate analog hardware (neve, ssl, spl etc) aswell as a few of their own plug-in creations (precision series plugins)
http://www.jrrshop.com/images/images_big/UAD2duoflexi_a.jpg

DarkYoung
04-05-2009, 06:40 PM
will this really improve your producing and recording and take it onto the next level?
it looks state of the art, although i'm not sure what is what.

rhythmtech
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
will this really improve your producing and recording and take it onto the next level?
it looks state of the art, although i'm not sure what is what.

no not directly. it will allow me more breathing room with cpu and it will streamline my time hugely (no more printing down fx just to get another one into the mix) and the new plug-ins do sound better than any other on the market but they're only tools of the trade. without knowing how to use them properly they're pretty useless.

but its time i upgraded anyway, since i started college im working more and more with bands (i have about 5 or 6 regular bands at the moment) and these "band" sessions can run into very large track counts. currently im on a P4 3.2Ghz and it just doesnt cut it anymore.

im definitly not into upgrading my pc every 2 years. my philosophy is buy the best you can, knowing it will last. the intel i7 is currently the best out there and i can see it lasting as long as my p4 has (6 years)

DarkYoung
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
no not directly. it will allow me more breathing room with cpu and it will streamline my time hugely (no more printing down fx just to get another one into the mix) and the new plug-ins do sound better than any other on the market but they're only tools of the trade. without knowing how to use them properly they're pretty useless.

but its time i upgraded anyway, since i started college im working more and more with bands (i have about 5 or 6 regular bands at the moment) and these "band" sessions can run into very large track counts. currently im on a P4 3.2Ghz and it just doesnt cut it anymore.

im definitly not into upgrading my pc every 2 years. my philosophy is buy the best you can, knowing it will last. the intel i7 is currently the best out there and i can see it lasting as long as my p4 has (6 years)

thanks for explaining that to me dude. hope you can recoup some of your investment in real terms.

herman
04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
That's a bargain price for what you got. Welcome to the UAD fan boy club by the way :)

rhythmtech
04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
That's a bargain price for what you got. Welcome to the UAD fan boy club by the way :)

been there for the last 2 months now - had a uad1 with 1176 and la2a on it. they blew my mind!

curly
05-05-2009, 07:51 AM
very nice setup indeed

BloodStar
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
not bad. just dont fully get why you have liquid mix and also uad2? both great mainly for compressions. why didnt you by TC PoCo? UAD + Poco would be great combo...

loopdon
05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I wish you fun with the newly aquired goods. No experience with uad etc on my side but there's a fanbase there.

I reckon with all that dough i'd invest in

a) acoutic treatment
b) new computer

But i am absolutely sure you know what you need, mate.

Enjoy yourself!

rhythmtech
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I wish you fun with the newly aquired goods. No experience with uad etc on my side but there's a fanbase there.

I reckon with all that dough i'd invest in

a) acoutic treatment
b) new computer

But i am absolutely sure you know what you need, mate.

Enjoy yourself!

studio was acoustically treated when first built 3 years ago :wink:

rhythmtech
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
not bad. just dont fully get why you have liquid mix and also uad2? both great mainly for compressions. why didnt you by TC PoCo? UAD + Poco would be great combo...

the liquid mix is for audio channels and the uad is for mix busses. at that price the liquid mix was a steal but im stretching the wallet. looked at the poco but seems the standard plugins arent up to much and the good ones cost a fair bit.

BloodStar
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
the liquid mix is for audio channels and the uad is for mix busses. at that price the liquid mix was a steal but im stretching the wallet. looked at the poco but seems the standard plugins arent up to much and the good ones cost a fair bit.

fair play, then. ;-] wish you few long dreamless nights, hehe.

The_Laughing_Man
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM

I think the powercore is least desirable of all the above.
I just don`t like the plugins and economy wise I don`t find it good value.

Liquid mix is a sintefex device that only processes the algorythms rather than actually being able to create new ones from kit, so it is a very very accurate machine for the reproduction of real gear as it actually takes volta kernals to from the real devices it emulates.
The compression and EQ is about the best I have heard from "software", with the exception of Nebula processor, which just tips it as the best due to the wa it captures some of the air and open-ness of great compressors.

UAD I think is also very good for some plugins, although the compression still seems to be just behind the liquid mix in how the compression behaves.
It`s worth it though for the amount of great plugins you can get.

Both are fantastic additions to a workstation.

rhythmtech
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
UAD I think is also very good for some plugins, although the compression still seems to be just behind the liquid mix in how the compression behaves.
It`s worth it though for the amount of great plugins you can get.

plate 140 :coeur:

BloodStar
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
i see.

was just thinking of why to have 2 dsp cards, both mainly for same purposes, compression. i expect Baz will use it mainly for this.
what i was thinking is if you would combine uad or liquid mix for some nice compression with sweet reverbs/filters from poco you could benefit more than just having 2 pieces which do more or less the same.

but yeah, Baz apparently knows what he needs it for so fair play, hehe.

rhythmtech
05-05-2009, 05:56 PM
well the problem is the track limitations on both. with liquid mix im limited to 32 instances (both can contain eq AND compressor) so they'll basically be my channel strips.
the uad2 will run about 20 of the neve88rs channel strip, so 8-10 of them will cover my mix busses and groups while still leaving room for a few plate140s (essential) and other bits and bobs (like la2a for the bass and 1176 for the overheads)
anything after that (special fx etc) will be run nativly and if i need to go over the 32 audio channels that liquid mix will give me then i have the mcdsp compressor and eq banks, which are a similiar idea to liquid mix emulations but in native format.

also in the future i plan to get uad's new ssl emulations. having the scope to run a virtual ssl or neve desk is very appealing to me at the moment. ive tried this a few times and i find a consitant plugin chain on each channel can add a lot of glue to a mix and make everything sit together a little better while still having the option of throwing some extras in to spice things up a little.

loopdon
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM
studio was acoustically treated when first built 3 years ago :wink:

I just voiced what i would do; you know your stuff, mate.
Kind of dreaming aloud again, i guess :lol:

Gustaf
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Lol, no signs of recession here :D

rhythmtech
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Lol, no signs of recession here :D

i wish there wasnt!! im spending the bill money now before i do something stupid like pay debts with it :lol:

DarkYoung
05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
i wish there wasnt!! im spending the bill money now before i do something stupid like pay debts with it :lol:

you do right Baz. life is for enjoying oneself.

rhythmtech
21-05-2009, 09:05 PM
2 new purchases added today.

soundtoys bundle and mcdsp retro pack :biggrin:

josephjobling
21-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Blimey you must be ritch - wouldn't mind upgrading my studio but no where near enough dosh - lucky feller new gear is always good

rhythmtech
21-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Blimey you must be ritch - wouldn't mind upgrading my studio but no where near enough dosh - lucky feller new gear is always good

not in the slightest.. just sold off a load of old gear that i didnt need anymore :wink:

josephjobling
21-05-2009, 10:45 PM
not in the slightest.. just sold off a load of old gear that i didnt need anymore :wink:

need to do that my self on the old e bay - Have an MC 303 (from the old days when i thought there was only one kind of 303 - yes that mistake) and a korg electribe - just never get around to it - would mayby get a plug in or 2 for them

278d7e64a374de26f==