PDA

View Full Version : Judas Beast, Twisted Fix Records 1st Birthday, Blackswan Bristol

judas_beast
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2681/68/105/516726226/n516726226_2222962_7189762.jpg

I'm playing live, there's graffiti, if you're into that sort of thing - hardcore, speedcore, anything fast and messed up.

Punisher/X-tro rig in the main room.

Should be reasonable.

qUE
07-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Gah, why are nights in Bristol so schiz. on Music styles :(

And there was me thinking I'd come down to check out yer set, but what with all the shite surrounding it, it'll be like waiting for paint to dry until you come on ;)

qUE

judas_beast
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah I'm afraid they are into there HardTek wanky bollocks quite heavily, if I wasn't doing the rig I doubt I'd be playing! They'll probably be two sets of Techno at least, because I'm putting my foot down, but I can see your point! ;)

qUE
12-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Ha! that's a massively sound response, You've talked me into it!

I'll bring me zimmerframe!

and I'll also buy you a pint from the legendary happy bar staff at the swan ;)

qUE
12-05-2009, 01:04 AM
P.S. I dare you to make the barstaff crack a smile

JE:5
15-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Gah, why are nights in Bristol so schiz. on Music styles :(

And there was me thinking I'd come down to check out yer set, but what with all the shite surrounding it, it'll be like waiting for paint to dry until you come on ;)

qUE

This is so ****ing true, it's the one thing about moving to Bristol that has pissed me off no end. It's why I end up travelling to London most weekends.

It's even more annoying that The Black Swan is actually within spitting distance from my house.

qUE
20-05-2009, 12:19 AM
You think that's bad. I travel to Germany for decent Techno! :S

JE:5
20-05-2009, 10:53 AM
You think that's bad. I travel to Germany for decent Techno! :S

Haha, don't blame you, i'd be living there right now if I could afford it.

judas_beast
20-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Ha! that's a massively sound response, You've talked me into it!

I'll bring me zimmerframe!

and I'll also buy you a pint from the legendary happy bar staff at the swan ;)

yeah come say hello. are they miserable bastards are they? brilliant! :D

judas_beast
05-06-2009, 12:46 AM
This Saturday, mother****ers.

djfilthmonger
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah I'm afraid they are into there HardTek wanky bollocks quite heavily, if I wasn't doing the rig I doubt I'd be playing! They'll probably be two sets of Techno at least, because I'm putting my foot down, but I can see your point! ;)

Hardtek is a lot of wank . Goddamn crusties and there crusty music ha ha. Have a good night lad!

judas_beast
06-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Main Room - The industrial Zone
Hosted By D.A.V.E and M.A.D Sounds

10 - 11. Dan - Techno
11 - 12. Dj Intox - Hardtek
12 - 1. Dj Getz - Acid Techno
1 - 2. Frieza - Speedcore
2 - 3. Judas Beast - Live hard techno
3 - 4. Dj X-ILE - Dark D'n'B
4 - 5. Smooth - Breakcore

2nd Room - The jungle
Hosted by Malnutrition

10 - 11. Peggy Mitchell - Jungle
11 - 12. J-Rank - Jungletek
12 - 1. Rubix - Jungle/DnB/Gabba Mash-up
1 - 2. Sparky - D - Jungle
2 - 3. Herbal - Jungle/DnB
3 - 4. Ant - Hard Trance
4 - 5. Danny Fokin' Mash-up - Jungle

3rd Room - The Good Old Days
Hosted by Kompulsion

10 - 11. Stacey & Kate - Disco
11 - 12. Jim - Dubstep
12 - 1. Fortress - Oldskool
1 - 2. Liam - Jungle
2 - 3. Jack - Dirty Breaks
3 - 4. Oris - Hard Dirty Techno
4 - 5. Kimba - Reggae

Set list, should anyone be interested.

qUE
06-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Soz, I did mean to reply sooner. But I lost this thread cus' I'm an ignorant barsteward and don't subscribe to threads :/

Sound system was f. awful man. And I felt a bit out of place with all the kiddies dry heaving on Ket.

My the Swan has changed.

Didn't really get a full chance to listen to your set for obvious reasons. I thought after listening to it on some reasonable walkman (can I use that term now?) headphones, the sound there really wasn't doing your techno any justice.

I sincerely hope that wasn't your actual P.A. as in P.A. sound system...

And...annnd....although I had a slight disgruntle at the fact you were laptopping your set (yes yes I'm not an audiophile but I prefer proper kit) I can forgive it, your promo set was v. good :)

Although I did have a listen to the guy doing speedcore. I was mainly hypnotised by his (I assume) g/f jerking back and forth (he'll probably want to kill me now) :D

Anyway, gimme a shout if you yourself were thinking of doing a proper Hard Techno night in Bristol. Me and mates have been wanting to get something going again, but I'm old now and lazy maybe you can help us, ideas, etc.. We need help (I've been saying this for years)

qUE

P.S. somewhere else than the Swan, it has got it's stigma back for some reason. Although on the plus side they now sell Thatcher's Original, err, maybe that's why I left early....

judas_beast
07-08-2009, 04:11 PM
rigs were sounding gash, mainly due to Ketamine, you are right. I used to run the rig on the left of the DJ booth, as you look at it, but I'm out of that game - left it to my ''mate'' who did a shit job.

Yeah that venue is a shit hole, the ****ing roof leaked and had to close the main room early! Quality!

Sorry you didn't enjoy it mate, I didnt either, which was a shame - hopefully problems will be sorted for next time.

278d7e64a374de26f==