PDA

View Full Version : curly - sandy dwelling

curly
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Just something I have been working on.

Trying to get all the elements to sit in there own space in the spectrum. Any feedback on this would be greatly appricated.

I have not done any mastering, and nothing on the masterbus .

Stream : http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF5B242925461.mp3&dt_track_id=17854

Download : http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15722/DT_ACF5B242925461.mp3

Little_Fella!
14-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Nice one Curly...

Yes you have got your elements definitely in the right places now and although I suspect you will have moved on a fair bit since you posted this (knowing your mentor that is... :;), I'll mention a few bits...

That bass is sounding good - I'm on headphones once a bloody gain but I can hear it sounding full and certainly would need only a bit more tweaking for it to sound fab on a rig ... kick needs to be brought up to match the bass - definitely some layering required using another kick to put a top on it - plus compression and after effects EQ which you may have been shown by now...

Lead sound sits nicely in the middle and is pretty much as forward in the mix as it should be - for now... other elements are ok and I can hear some stereo movement and widening which is good, although the shaker sounds etc are a bit thin but hey, not too worry as I know the exercise your trying to achieve...

So apart from getting into the higher frequencies, like the ride an such, mission accomplished and it's better you do keep your composition simple for now as it does help to take one step at a time... and not wind up writing some fantastic track but only to find that it doesn't work on the production side of things - which happens to all of us! :rucrybaby:

Good progress.... :coolio:

curly
14-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks little fella for taking the time to listen, I had forgotten about this one, was really more of an excersise in selecting sounds than a tune, but i think you knew that.

judas_beast
14-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Definately agree with the kick being far too weak. Perhaps try some side-chain compression to the other low end elements to bring it through a bit?

PS: liking ya signature mate ;)

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 04:26 PM
cracking tune. i like the shaker placement. You done anything further with this mate? mint sounding.

curly
15-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I posted this like 6 weeks ago and forgot all about it. might dig it up again. should post some of my more recent stuff really.

278d7e64a374de26f==