PDA

View Full Version : Psychobot will f*ck you up.

DannyBlack
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Something I've just started. Pretty much just figured out my ABL so bear with me if the acid lines are a bit off. Anyway, need some fresh ears. any advise is welcome and sexy. Thank you in advance.

http://rapidshare.com/files/231420483/Psychobot.mp3

vinvanman
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm liking this alot danny, imo this is the best tune i've heard from you since i began listen to your music. i'm on shit speakers atm, so can't comment on production but the music there, nice acid tones, cool robo sample, subtle drum loop variations to keep the listener interested and the tune has a cool laid back feel to it. just one thing i noticed listening again is the synth that comes in about 2.55 is a tad dry could verb it a little. i think ableton is inspiring your productions. keep 'em coming lad! finish it and let us hear.

curly
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
I totally agree with vinvanman about this being your best tune by far. Sounds to me like you figured out the ABL2 pretty well to me as them acid lines are phat. Good use of the psychbot sample. The mix sounds clear as well.

Listening to this for the 4th time now to try and give any advice,

The percussion you bring in at 0:57 has a little too much verb, or is it a tad too loud I'm not sure. At about the 2 min mark you have 2 acid lines running running at the same place in the spectrum making the them sound muddy, but this only lasts for a short time.

The last thing I'm going to say is the thought that came into my head as soon as i pressed play "**** me Danny you've done well here"

DannyBlack
11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Jesus, cheers lads! I agree that drum/perc loops is a bit verby, I am gonna get rid of it and make something new, just doesn't sit right.
@ Vin, yeah that synth pattern was messing with my kicks, both the same freq I think so I have taken it out, not sure what Im gonna do with it yet.

@ Curly, I have to EQ the acid lines so they work together better. All in all I'm happy so far.
Thank you both for the advise! I will continue and post it up some more when I'm done.

I heart my ABL :-)

DannyBlack
11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
so more. a couple of changes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/231872780/psychobotsecondrun.mp3

curly
18-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry Danny, being my slack self i never noticed you posted an update, but rapidshare says you have removed the file, any chance of a re post

I should notice if you post as it will be the only activity in the forum for days

vinvanman
18-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I didn't notice this myself, dow!

DannyBlack
19-05-2009, 12:02 AM
:lol: all good lads, im crap at noticing meself! the track took a wee turn for the worse, after listening to it a few time there was a load i had to change around. will post when im a lil happier with it. :-)

force
19-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Mr Black!!!!!

This is superb mate. Only listened to the original file you posted up and its a dam fine, funky, jacking, head melting 303 fest dude...

Please dont stray too far from this mate,(i know how easy it is to overplay it and get bored.) Remember, not everybody else has heard it 300 + times like you have!
Bloody fine work dannyboy. I'd dance my tits off to this...

Jay Pace
19-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice work danny, I really like this.

Gonna give it another listen when I gets home, but this starts great. I love the sample and the oldshool acid vibe, the first minute is cracking.

Things seem to get a bit more confused and muddy with the second acid line - do those patterns fit together? Personally speaking I liked the one acid line on its own, you could develop what you got at the beginning into a whole fatty track but thats jus' me and what I'd do so pay no heed.

If it were me I'd strip it down a bit more and expand it out. You've got masses to work with there, I'd pace it out with some funky grooves and plonk each element in slowly to get maximum effect out of it.

Great work though dude, just sounds to me like 6 minutes of ideas overlayed in 3 mins. Am sure will sound wicked once all done - look forward to the update.

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 02:40 PM
cheers for the advise again lads, it took it all on board and this is what im left with. still considering rides and it hasn't been mastered as of yet- but this is it.

EDIT;

I jumped the gun a bit there, i'm uploading it now.

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 02:47 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/244810266/Psychobot.mp3

curly
15-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Been a long time coming this.

This is a solid track, with a nice bottom end acidic bass, a nice stomping kick, and some good synth work filling out the track. The Vocal samples are well used as well, I cant remember but are these the same ones as the original? The only thing Im not too keen on is your main acid line, It sounds to me as if you have too much resanance on it, or the accent too high. maybe you could lower this, and try distorting it with some overdrive, to bring out the harmonics. This is just my personal prefrance though.

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 05:23 PM
cheers mate. i have the main line going through some crazy distortion at the mo, i may change and add a touch of glitch. will give it a shot any way! wht you reckon to rides mate? im not if i should add some :-\ vocal sample has changed now, it just says "acid". lol

curly
15-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I recon a nice set of 8th rides used sparingly to lift the track in a few places would work really well. And maybe try to use that old sample again, im sure you can find room somewhere in the 8 mins

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 05:33 PM
im gonna give it a shot, but ride patterns are still a bit of a thorn in my side. haha 8 minutes, christ-- i better add some more samples to justify the length :lol:

curly
15-06-2009, 05:56 PM
or invent 13" records

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 06:00 PM
:lol: ah speedy j manages- his tracks are all around an hour long :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==