PDA

View Full Version : NYC techno events/production companies/djs

Veber
11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
looking to get in contact with any nyc techno event related production companies. The net is inundated with resources and links....i need personal advice.

thanks

why?

Im looking to dj more and looking to attend more "pure" techno events close to my home.

Thanks
Adam

The Overfiend
11-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Good luck, town is tapped.
Not sure ir Ara and Ash are still doing their thing out there.

Veber
12-05-2009, 12:51 PM
crazy how woodies/adam jay's towns have more to offer...and they are in the midwest of nowhere... ugh....

eppertheleper
19-05-2009, 04:04 PM
It is nuts that NYC seems to have trouble getting quality techno, but it's true.

I know Mills is coming there June 6th. Check http://www.sullivanroom.com/ for info. I was planning to go but it looks like I'll miss it now, but should be a great show.

TheRev
25-05-2009, 12:12 PM
There are a few people that still do techno there, though it's pretty scattered. Rob Rewind is a good guy to know, as he occasionally books real techno. There's a few other more rave-style promoters that do as well.

Sleepy & Boo (the ones who booked Mills) mostly book house music, but occasionally they'll book one of the Detroit guys.

Gotham Grooves haven't thrown events there in sometime, but Ara is only recently back in the States, so maybe that'll change.

There's a lot of Minimal Techno going on there, the Minimoo crew seems to have risen from the debacle that was MiniTek and are doing loft parties. I think Wolf + Lamb still do stuff.

Honestly, if you want to play for some up for it crowds, you are better off getting hooked up with the loft party scene. There's a pretty strong Burner community in New York that regularly throws dance parties with people that actually come out to dance. Though you need to insert yourself in that community to actually get any bookings.

I've just recently left and know quite a few people and can point you in their direction if you want. Drop me a PM.

278d7e64a374de26f==