PDA

View Full Version : Football Writers Player Of The Year

Spacehopper
13-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Congrats to the real player of the year Stevie G!! Fully deserved...

Microdot
13-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Rooney shits on Gerrard.
anyone who disagrees is a cunt.

djfase
14-05-2009, 06:42 PM
In all fairness both have had good seasons, but gerrard over the last few months has been immense.

He carries liverpool like no other player does for his team. Shame he doesnt get the opportunity to play the same positions for England

Numeric
15-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Congrats to the real player of the year Stevie G!! Fully deserved...

:lol: vidic would have been a more sensible choice

gerrard doesn't deserve it imo

Microdot
15-05-2009, 11:34 AM
:lol: vidic would have been a more sensible choice

gerrard doesn't deserve it imo

have to disagree mate. Gerrard deserves it more than Vidic.
If Gerrard fell to bits every time Alonso wasn't playing in the way Nemanja often does when Rio's out, I'd agree with you.

Rooney has been the best player in the league (again) by a country mile imo.

Numeric
15-05-2009, 02:39 PM
vid's been fairly solid alongside evans imo

with the odd exception

Will
15-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Well deserved, if you Man U fans say Liverpool are a one man team and Liverpool have been close in the league, then unless you're saying Man U are also a one man team, Gerrard must be player of the year.

basslinejunkie
15-05-2009, 08:57 PM
best all round player in the prem,if not the world,by a mile.

Microdot
16-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Well deserved, if you Man U fans say Liverpool are a one man team and Liverpool have been close in the league, then unless you're saying Man U are also a one man team, Gerrard must be player of the year.

wtf are you banging on about son?

Will
19-05-2009, 04:40 PM
If Liverpool are only where they are because of Gerrard, and they're not that far behind Man U, then the only way a Man U player can have been more influential is if United were also a one man team, ie if gerrard was responsible for liverpool earning 86 points and a United player was resposible for them earning 90, then fair enough, he's better than gerrard, but that would mean the other players didn't contribute anything and so united are also a one man team.

Microdot
20-05-2009, 01:50 PM
If Liverpool are only where they are because of Gerrard, and they're not that far behind Man U, then the only way a Man U player can have been more influential is if United were also a one man team, ie if gerrard was responsible for liverpool earning 86 points and a United player was resposible for them earning 90, then fair enough, he's better than gerrard, but that would mean the other players didn't contribute anything and so united are also a one man team.

except that everyone knows neither Utd nor liverpool are one man teams, which is why I asked (and now regret asking) wtf you were banging on about.

DarkYoung
20-05-2009, 06:37 PM
except that everyone knows neither Utd nor liverpool are one man teams, which is why I asked (and now regret asking) wtf you were banging on about.

wtf r u on about?

ronaldo - man utd

gerrard - liverpool

without those players both teams would be well behind chelsea and arsenal.

C.O.Prodigy
20-05-2009, 06:55 PM
wtf r u on about?

ronaldo - man utd

gerrard - liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=647740&sec=england&&cc=3888

what does Sir Bobby know about football anyways? :)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6632751

DarkYoung
20-05-2009, 07:08 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=647740&sec=england&&cc=3888

what does Sir Bobby know about football anyways? :)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6632751

yesmate. i agree with you on that Vidic is probably the best defender in the world. pity he plays for those scum bastards.

C.O.Prodigy
20-05-2009, 07:12 PM
yesmate. i agree with you on that Vidic is probably the best defender in the world. pity he plays for those scum bastards.

hahahah

you do have a way with words

:)

and yes, you agree with Sir Bobby... I think Vidic is pretty good.

Spacehopper
20-05-2009, 07:17 PM
wtf r u on about?

ronaldo - man utd

gerrard - liverpool

haha...joker

im sorry but liverpool have proven time and time again that they dont need gerrard to win.....

gerrard was out for 3 weeks not so long ago and I think liverpool won more or less every game without him...and were scoring shit loads of goal too...

youre forgetting football is a team game pal.....even if united didnt have ronaldo, they still have arguably the best defence in the world and some of the best attacking players in any side so if youre to say that arsenal would be ahead of them then thats bollox

C.O.Prodigy
20-05-2009, 07:26 PM
:lol:

true that

DarkYoung
20-05-2009, 08:27 PM
haha...joker

im sorry but liverpool have proven time and time again that they dont need gerrard to win.....

gerrard was out for 3 weeks not so long ago and I think liverpool won more or less every game without him...and were scoring shit loads of goal too...

youre forgetting football is a team game pal.....even if united didnt have ronaldo, they still have arguably the best defence in the world and some of the best attacking players in any side so if youre to say that arsenal would be ahead of them then thats bollox

areenal have much better players

Numeric
21-05-2009, 08:41 AM
they haven't though 'tron lad :lol:

i totally agree with spacehopper's comments above

DarkYoung
21-05-2009, 09:05 AM
i totally agree with spacehopper's comments above

quite

SlavikSvensk
21-05-2009, 05:49 PM
got to agree with microdot and spacehopper too. gerrard had a fantastic year, but let's not forget that kuyt did too...and the rest of the team weren't too shabby either.

with man u, the credit should be even more spread out.

basslinejunkie
21-05-2009, 09:08 PM
wtf r u on about?

ronaldo - man utd

gerrard - liverpool

chelsea - drogba

arsenal - fabregas

no coincidence both teams have struggled this yr when most of the time these 2 players havent played.

all the teams have their star player who is sorely misssed if not playing.

DarkYoung
21-05-2009, 09:17 PM
chelsea - drogba

arsenal - fabregas

no coincidence both teams have struggled this yr when most of the time these 2 players havent played.

all the teams have their star player who is sorely misssed if not playing.

i think Chelsea has a much stronger squad than liverpool and man utd.
i think Arsenal has a squad which hasn't began to show it's potential yet.
As Gerrard fades, and Ronaldo leaves. I htink you will see Arsenal and Chelsea at the top again.
The Premier League these days is pretty weak imo.

Numeric
22-05-2009, 08:49 AM
i think Chelsea has a much stronger squad than liverpool and man utd.
i think Arsenal has a squad which hasn't began to show it's potential yet.
As Gerrard fades, and Ronaldo leaves. I htink you will see Arsenal and Chelsea at the top again.
The Premier League these days is pretty weak imo.

united have the strongest squad in league, if not the world

and the premier league is the strongest league in the world at the moment, no question

Microdot
22-05-2009, 01:28 PM
wtf r u on about?

ronaldo - man utd

gerrard - liverpool

only an idiot would honestly believe such a thing.

Will
22-05-2009, 04:18 PM
None of the top 4 are one man teams (though some Man U fans say Liverpool are), but I don't think that many Liverpool players would get in the Man U team, so extra credit has to go to Gerrard.

josephjobling
22-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Van dersar for me 23 clean sheets - if that doesn't help you win the leauge nothing will

DarkYoung
23-05-2009, 01:14 AM
only an idiot would honestly believe such a thing.

there you go

Spacehopper
23-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Van dersar for me 23 clean sheets - if that doesn't help you win the leauge nothing will

i say it time and time again....if van der sar was still in net for fulham, would he have kept 23 clean sheets??? ........no

because united generally dominate teams he usually just has to stand their pickin his arse....dont get me wrong he does pull off some good saves when hes called upon but that aint often

DarkYoung
23-05-2009, 03:26 PM
i say it time and time again....if van der sar was still in net for fulham, would he have kept 23 clean sheets??? ........no

because united generally dominate teams he usually just has to stand their pickin his arse....dont get me wrong he does pull off some good saves when hes called upon but that aint often

great you and him are both gonna look like cunts when Barcelona humiliate Man Utd mid-week.

Spacehopper
24-05-2009, 02:54 PM
why will i look a cunt? if barcelona do attack united and get a load of shots at goal it'll prove my point that van der sar might not be the unbeatable keeper that man utd fans think he is

DarkYoung
24-05-2009, 03:12 PM
why will i look a cunt? if barcelona do attack united and get a load of shots at goal it'll prove my point that van der sar might not be the unbeatable keeper that man utd fans think he is

in that case, good stuff. i fowt you were some moronic man utd fanboy.

Spacehopper
24-05-2009, 03:57 PM
haha...na i hate them with a passion, but ill never deny that they are a great side

DarkYoung
24-05-2009, 05:34 PM
haha...na i hate them with a passion, but ill never deny that they are a great side

all about alex ferguson really.

Numeric
25-05-2009, 11:03 AM
when Barcelona humiliate Man Utd mid-week.

i very much doubt this will happen

DarkYoung
25-05-2009, 11:19 AM
i very much doubt this will happen

twice the pride, double the fall.

Numeric
25-05-2009, 12:16 PM
not necessarily, united have won the league, that's all that matters really

the champions league will be a bonus if we win it, and i believe we will

Spacehopper
25-05-2009, 01:45 PM
i think barcelona are gonna have to be on the very top of their game if they are to beat united....

i just think they need to be a bit more direct in their play, use long balls instead of tippy tappy stuff looking for that one killer pass coz it just wonthappen against uniteds defence..

all guardiola has to do is show them what happened against liverpool, see how they panicked and expose their weaknesses....

jesus i should be a manager :laughing:

DarkYoung
25-05-2009, 02:15 PM
not necessarily, united have won the league, that's all that matters really

the champions league will be a bonus if we win it, and i believe we will

they won a very weak league, the real prize is the champions league everyone knows that.

Numeric
25-05-2009, 02:20 PM
a very weak league? the same league that's been shittin all over europe for the last two years?

:hmm:

DarkYoung
25-05-2009, 02:22 PM
a very weak league? the same league that's been shittin all over europe for the last two years?

:hmm:

four teams in the premiership which are any good. the spanish league imo is much stronger and probably the italian one aswell.

basslinejunkie
25-05-2009, 03:49 PM
take it you have had a heavy wkend, coz the tripe your talking is getting even worse.

djfase
25-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Agreed

The league wouldnt have been weak if his precious scousers had won it.

Absolute shite comment. PL is the strongest by far

DarkYoung
26-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Absolute shite comment. PL is the strongest by far
totally crap league, which supports foreign players at the expense of our own, and then we wonder why we can't win the World Cup.

Why Spain won the last World Cup, because La Liga is so strong, now who's talking out of their arse ?

Numeric
26-05-2009, 04:39 PM
you :lol:

italy won the last world cup

basslinejunkie
26-05-2009, 04:59 PM
totally crap league, which supports foreign players at the expense of our own, and then we wonder why we can't win the World Cup.

Why Spain won the last World Cup, because La Liga is so strong, now who's talking out of their arse ?

so why are brazil the most succesful team internationally?? there leauge is shite??

because there players are better.****all to do with the leauge they play in. all this ' overseas players are hurting our chances of success' is absolute bollox. you are doing what brits always do, looking to find others to blame and excuses for not being good enough.

DarkYoung
26-05-2009, 06:13 PM
so why are brazil the most succesful team internationally?? there leauge is shite??

because there players are better.****all to do with the leauge they play in. all this ' overseas players are hurting our chances of success' is absolute bollox. you are doing what brits always do, looking to find others to blame and excuses for not being good enough.
im not blaming anyone dude. i'm just not some cretinous fan boy who supports man utd/liverpool/chelsea etc because their parents did or because it gives them some smug internal feeling of not being a failiure.

i support British football, the England football team, not a bunch of foreigners.

djfase
26-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Well fella, if the english boys are not good enough, then they dont get in the team. Simple.

Surely foreigners can only help the english players with their superior technique?

Clearly theres a lack of english talent, but i for one cannot see how u can say that about the PL

DarkYoung
26-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Well fella, if the english boys are not good enough, then they dont get in the team. Simple.

Surely foreigners can only help the english players with their superior technique?

Clearly theres a lack of english talent, but i for one cannot see how u can say that about the PL

the PL is good dude, it's exciting i like watching the top teams play for sure.
i support doncaster rovers my home team, and i like to watch Leeds United but haven;t seen them since O'Leary was in charge.
i just find it a bit strange that people say from Yorkshire would want to support a Manc team, or one from London etc
i'm old enough to watch the patterns of crap people change allegiance from one team to another over time. only the pathetic tattoos remain.

basslinejunkie
26-05-2009, 10:49 PM
dont tar us all with the same brush.

were not all man u fans on ere.

DarkYoung
26-05-2009, 10:56 PM
dont tar us all with the same brush.

were not all man u fans on ere.

prawn sandwich brigade! lol.

basslinejunkie
26-05-2009, 11:03 PM
indeed!! :D

Microdot
27-05-2009, 02:23 PM

that would still be you.

every point you've made in this thread has been wrong.
including getting the World Cup winners wrong.

DarkYoung
27-05-2009, 05:13 PM
that would still be you.

every point you've made in this thread has been wrong.
including getting the World Cup winners wrong.

yeah i meant the european cup obviously.

so your pedantic aswell being an arsehole?

good luck with that.

Spacehopper
27-05-2009, 05:43 PM
now now lads :laughing:

Will
28-05-2009, 07:47 PM
The Italian league's shit at the moment, no teams got past the last 16, wasn't it the same last season too?

Microdot
29-05-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah i meant the european cup obviously.

so your pedantic aswell being an arsehole?

good luck with that.

I don't dish out personal insults on the internet, because I'm not a coward.
If you don't have the knowledge to argue your case, just stay away from the serious debate.
If you want to insult me personally, come call me an arsehole to my face, cocksucker.

DarkYoung
29-05-2009, 11:46 PM
If you want to insult me personally, come call me an arsehole to my face, cocksucker.

i hope to one day

Microdot
30-05-2009, 12:59 PM
i hope to one day

214 manchester rd, huddersfield.

...Dave...
30-05-2009, 02:19 PM
dude

you know you are going to get everything from anne summers to hearing aids and planning your own funeral brouchers through the post now don't you?:lol:

DarkYoung
30-05-2009, 02:41 PM

thanks i knew you would be up for some gaysex.

maybe u can beat me up afterwards, if i'm a good boy. xxx

Microdot
30-05-2009, 03:28 PM
dude

you know you are going to get everything from anne summers to hearing aids and planning your own funeral brouchers through the post now don't you?:lol:

with any luck.
will make a nice change from all the final demands and court summonses.

Will
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought that was in response to DarkYoung for a moment there!

278d7e64a374de26f==