PDA

View Full Version : put some light on the term "offbeat"

Ritzi Lee
21-01-2004, 06:04 PM
What do you think about when people are talking about offbeat techno?

I think the term is used to much nowadays. And the people don't even know what they are talking about. When you hear a track where the third or the 4th kick is shifted, or a tripple beat in 2 counts is added, is it offbeat??

You will always recognise a returning 4 times 4 beat pattern. Always mixable, like ordinary 4 times 4 straight beats. So is it really offbeat we're talking about?

Can someone clarify this?

Ritzi Lee
21-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah one more thing:
It seems like a hype today to talk about "offbeat". :?:

Dustin Zahn
21-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Usually, at least on this forum when someone speaks of "offbeat" techno it deals with stuff like Olga & Josef, Rumengie, Lokitbrada, Wunsch and all that other stuff.

It seems as though this is the new popular stuff for people who like the darker, harder side of techno (some people get tired of compressed heroes techno I guess). I'm totally into it but the hype around it is pretty overrated. 95% of the records to come out from the majors of this stable are the same formula: 3 minute drum track, all drums, really repetitive, and some dark pad progression made in 5 minutes to be the main hook of the track (which doesn't really make it memorable at all). Not to say other styles don't use certain formulas (they all do) but lately all these new artists that are spoken of on the board are putting out the same rehashed stuff.

More on topic...its funny how they call it off beat techno because there actually is a beat. The name just comes from the kick drum being placed on notes that aren't on the "four to the floor" beat that techno has used as a standard.

Agent Orange NYC
21-01-2004, 09:28 PM
The name we use here in new york is "Broken beat" it makes alot more sense than calling it off beat. I dig some of that stuff to throw in and break up the straight 4X4. Hardcell has got some kicks ass one's out on Skunkwoks, and I dig the Liebing one's on his album.

Around here, more than 2 or 3 of those records in a row and you will be the only one left in the club! :doh:

tioneb
21-01-2004, 09:45 PM
to me offbeat is

etc. ;)

tioneb
21-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Around here, more than 2 or 3 of those records in a row and you will be the only one left in the club! :doh:

hahah once (i dont tell where) i played one rumenige and 80% of the people who were dancing left the floor ... was hard to make them go again dancing, but when they were back, i waited for 30 minutes then i played one wunsch and they left again LOL

audioinjection
21-01-2004, 10:33 PM
I call them broken beats

aphex_hn
21-01-2004, 10:54 PM
I call them broken beats

me too

jonnyspeed
22-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Tunes with bass beats that have a 4/4 time signature but do not trigger with rythmic timing. A bass in each 4th beat in a bar gives it that 1, 2 swing you need for dancing with 2 feet - there are variations that are dancable but generally only when there is something else like a bass line or something to funk to - the is the basis of breakbeat in D&B. Tunes with the kick bass -off the beat- are interesting for concept tunes but ****a to beat match.

Buttman
22-01-2004, 01:24 AM

hahah once (i dont tell where) i played one rumenige and 80% of the people who were dancing left the floor ... was hard to make them go again dancing, but when they were back, i waited for 30 minutes then i played one wunsch and they left again LOL

You need to stop playing at carnivals and salsa schools.

The Overfiend
22-01-2004, 03:00 AM
[

Actually it's new york city, and there's lil patience.

Ritzi Lee
22-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Tunes with bass beats that have a 4/4 time signature but do not trigger with rythmic timing. A bass in each 4th beat in a bar gives it that 1, 2 swing you need for dancing with 2 feet - there are variations that are dancable but generally only when there is something else like a bass line or something to funk to - the is the basis of breakbeat in D&B. Tunes with the kick bass -off the beat- are interesting for concept tunes but **** to beat match.

so actually it is not offbeat,
because there's always a beat match.

Numeric
22-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Most bloody hardcore tunes these days are just too broken and damn near impossible to beat mix...

Reminds me of Joshua's Under Repair Track on Epiteth from a few ago, classic hardcore techno, but you're not gonna do any beat mixin with it...

:neutral:

Tony
22-01-2004, 02:39 PM
i am fully understanding buttys little diagram and that simple expression is a religion to me. i really like whole sets of broken beats, and find it just as simple as straight techno to mix. just thud thud thud thud got old for me a few years back. that was when i knew that the broken beat style could cope with a set of its own, but its also a pleasure to mix over straight techno. it pads out all the parts in between the thuds and brings the rhtyhm of the track to life.

but isnt all this down to regis and surgeon yet again!! all the people we have quoted where influenced by integrale and the birmingham sound.
brummies uber alles!!!
ha haaa!!

TripleX
22-01-2004, 03:20 PM

:lol:

tioneb
22-01-2004, 05:59 PM

u should stop playing in front of crowds with 95% people under extasy

Ritzi Lee
22-01-2004, 06:27 PM
i am fully understanding buttys little diagram and that simple expression is a religion to me. i really like whole sets of broken beats, and find it just as simple as straight techno to mix. just thud thud thud thud got old for me a few years back. that was when i knew that the broken beat style could cope with a set of its own, but its also a pleasure to mix over straight techno. it pads out all the parts in between the thuds and brings the rhtyhm of the track to life.

but isnt all this down to regis and surgeon yet again!! all the people we have quoted where influenced by integrale and the birmingham sound.
brummies uber alles!!!
ha haaa!!

and what about bandulu / space djz.
check out all their early work.
and even in '92 / '93 jeff mills also produced some broken beat things.

anyway.
broken beat = techstyle breakbeat??

and doesn't all kinds of techno have its broken beat variants?
check out some stuff of oliver ho.

jonnyspeed
22-01-2004, 10:32 PM

Why :?:

Buttman
23-01-2004, 12:31 AM

Atleast they are cute and randy!

http://grovskopa.com/visuals/Vibes%20at%20Metroklub%20(Sala,%20Slovakia)%2019de c2003/39158.jpg

Tony
23-01-2004, 12:41 AM
:twisted:

Tony
23-01-2004, 12:45 AM

brummies uber alles!!!
ha haaa!!

and what about bandulu / space djz.
check out all their early work.
and even in '92 / '93 jeff mills also produced some broken beat things.

anyway.
broken beat = techstyle breakbeat??

and doesn't all kinds of techno have its broken beat variants?
check out some stuff of oliver ho.

i know, i fully agree there are loads of other examples of stuff like that. but i do think r&s stuck to that quite a bit, almost made it their own, then eastern europe took it and went WAHEY!!! crazy shit!!
i really like the scandinavian broken beats too sometimes. bacto and makind and stuff, lovely!!

also: just to further the the pigeon hole dilemma. i often think of broken beat as stuff like tobias schmidt and danial benavente. stuff thats a bit too techno to be wonky (bloody hell splitting hairs or what!!!)

BloodStar
23-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Lot of people is sometimes doing trax with broken beats, but not so much of them have all production based on this style. The Slovakian is almost same on all EP's,. boring....
I'm more into 4/4 based "classic" instead of this zero invention copy of Regis&Surgeon style. :eh:

Numeric
23-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Give me the 4/4 everytime...

When i've been at a few house nights recently, jocks have taken to playin breaks and s**t...

I'm like 'for f**ks sake, bring back the 4/4s quick'...

I love drum n bass but this breaks s**t isn't for me...

TripleX
23-01-2004, 01:29 PM
i :love: it

professor
23-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I fancy broken beats. Guess it's all in how you mix. If you gonna play broken beats, you gotta mix em' like your playing breaks...flip...smack...doubles...fader...fader... wham new record.

da...dada.da.....da...dada.da.....da...dada.da.... .

kuwlness budddddieee! radical dude. surfs-up bro.

of course...some of the best four-four i've heard is minimal and so well done rythmically that the synths or drums throw your whole sense of where the beat is off (insert emoticon here)

Buttman
23-01-2004, 02:02 PM
http://www.wulffmorgenthaler.com/log/OI23012004.gif

jonnyspeed
23-01-2004, 03:34 PM

Atleast they are cute and randy!

http://grovskopa.com/visuals/Vibes%20at%20Metroklub%20(Sala,%20Slovakia)%2019de c2003/39158.jpg

And I was just about to stay in this weekend. Thank you!

ampassasinbirmingham
23-01-2004, 04:16 PM

you also need to stop playing hard house and trance clubs;)

jonnyspeed
23-01-2004, 06:38 PM

Number 1 rule about Djing in public - divn't piss the runters off or is that don't talk about fight club. Don't fight in clubs... oh I don't know.

Divn't listen to me

tioneb
24-01-2004, 04:36 PM

yeah i guess now im gonna refuse all booking which are not in span, land of the cocaïne and speed freaks or in eastern countried where the kids start taking xtc in parties at 15/16. that will allow me getting some freaky girls without paying for them.

Buttman
24-01-2004, 04:39 PM
yeah i guess now im gonna refuse all booking which are not in span, land of the cocaïne and speed freaks or in eastern countried where the kids start taking xtc in parties at 15/16. that will allow me getting some freaky girls without paying for them.

LOL you need to loosen up buddyboy :lol:

Sunil
24-01-2004, 05:49 PM
or in eastern countried where the kids start taking xtc in parties at 15/16.

It's not only Eastern Europe, every country starts doing them at 15 and 16, that's what your teens are all about!!

Tony
25-01-2004, 06:44 PM
it wasnt my teens, but there is a heck of a lot of it about.

Kokotorobot
08-01-2008, 09:50 PM

man i'd be likely not to bother going on the floor if you DIDN'T play those beats...got me into techno

i don't get that batty carnival shit in the west, sorry

BRADLEE
08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I think it's different for all. Broken beat, 4X4, whatever the hell moves the floor. Anything can be a serious banger if it's done right. Personally I like a bit of both, whatever feels right in the moment.

Jay Pace
09-01-2008, 12:21 PM
span, land of the cocaïne and speed freaks

I can just picture the tourism ads now....

Adey
11-01-2008, 08:58 AM
welcome to proper techno

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/wonky_techno

Wonky techno is a style of techno music that is based around breaking from a formulaic 4-4 beat structure and experimenting with new sounds and rhythms. The sound is often distorted, stuttering, broken and warped, with a lot of influence from breakbeat, glitch and electro. At one end of the scale wonky techno can be very funky music well-suited to the dancefloor; at the other end it can be very experimental and abstract.

The origins of the term 'wonky techno' are under some dispute, with no exact first usage established. Most commonly, the term is thought to originate from Jerome Hill, who collected tunes of this type in a section marked 'Wonky', whilst managing a (now closed) record shop in London called Trackheads (previously Dragondisks). 'Wonky' is generally thought to refer to the non-repetitive structure of the music. Other record shops use terms such as 'experimental' or 'quirky'. The sound is also referred to as 'no skool' due to its attempt not to be defined by a uniform beat, common style of break or specific set of sounds.

The scene is fairly small but growing, especially in London, Brighton, Glasgow and Berlin. Nights such as Coin Operated, Uglyfunk, Iridium and Monox in the UK attract a friendly crowd and are well attended.

Producers of the wonky sound are artists such as Cristian Vogel, Si Begg, DJ Sueme, Neil Landstrumm, T.Raumschmiere, Tobias Schmidt, 3D!t, Dave Tarrida, Jason Leach, Cannibal Cooking Club, Crystal Distortion (formally of Spiral Tribe), Surfin'bernard (formally of Gaye Bykers on Acid), Michael Forshaw, Mascon, Fugo, Bass Invaders, Bill Youngman, Rotorik

Wonky techno labels include Neue Heimat, Sativae, Input-Output, Miditonal, Chan'n'Mikes, Subhead, Don't, Scandinavia, Sub:Strata, Uglyfunk, Shitkatapult, Mental.Ind, Mercurochrome, Feinwerk and Novamute.

Wonky /wong'kee/ adj. To not be the same in size; skew-whiff; to be offset; broken; to be weird; to be strange or goofey; to be warped from its original shape; behaviour seemingly crazy, humorous or amusingly perverse.

koma
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
the topic isnt about wonky.

rhythmtech
11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
welcome to proper techno

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/wonky_techno

Wonky techno is a style of techno music that is based around breaking from a formulaic 4-4 beat structure and experimenting with new sounds and rhythms. The sound is often distorted, stuttering, broken and warped, with a lot of influence from breakbeat, glitch and electro. At one end of the scale wonky techno can be very funky music well-suited to the dancefloor; at the other end it can be very experimental and abstract.

The origins of the term 'wonky techno' are under some dispute, with no exact first usage established. Most commonly, the term is thought to originate from Jerome Hill, who collected tunes of this type in a section marked 'Wonky', whilst managing a (now closed) record shop in London called Trackheads (previously Dragondisks). 'Wonky' is generally thought to refer to the non-repetitive structure of the music. Other record shops use terms such as 'experimental' or 'quirky'. The sound is also referred to as 'no skool' due to its attempt not to be defined by a uniform beat, common style of break or specific set of sounds.

The scene is fairly small but growing, especially in London, Brighton, Glasgow and Berlin. Nights such as Coin Operated, Uglyfunk, Iridium and Monox in the UK attract a friendly crowd and are well attended.

Producers of the wonky sound are artists such as Cristian Vogel, Si Begg, DJ Sueme, Neil Landstrumm, T.Raumschmiere, Tobias Schmidt, 3D!t, Dave Tarrida, Jason Leach, Cannibal Cooking Club, Crystal Distortion (formally of Spiral Tribe), Surfin'bernard (formally of Gaye Bykers on Acid), Michael Forshaw, Mascon, Fugo, Bass Invaders, Bill Youngman, Rotorik

Wonky techno labels include Neue Heimat, Sativae, Input-Output, Miditonal, Chan'n'Mikes, Subhead, Don't, Scandinavia, Sub:Strata, Uglyfunk, Shitkatapult, Mental.Ind, Mercurochrome, Feinwerk and Novamute.

Wonky /wong'kee/ adj. To not be the same in size; skew-whiff; to be offset; broken; to be weird; to be strange or goofey; to be warped from its original shape; behaviour seemingly crazy, humorous or amusingly perverse.

bollox..

its just techno like every other style.. ive heard wonky sets that were nearly 90% 4/4..

offbeat is just what it says.. whatever the time sig is, be it 4/4 4/3 or up in the 6's, then anything that deviates from the underlying main rhythmic instrument pattern (ie the kick 99% of the time) is "off the beat"

for example a closed hat played on the eights has an off beat element.

but i do hear the term getting used to describe a style of techno a lot.. like brad lee's stuff (afaik)

just like anything with a 303 gets described as acid..

just another term for us to pigeon hole our music. blah blah blah

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 01:51 PM
A bit late for all this anyway isn`t it, broken beat techno was big about 3-4 years ago, especially the spanish and birmingham sound.

But it`s all dead in the water now innit

It was always the neglected bastard baby of techno anyway.

I remember a few years ago people moaning at me about "ooh, but you can`t beat 4 to the floor", now those same people are banging out the off beat techno like they just discovered it.

Hardly a fresh sound.

When will we be able to just mix it all up again, rather than having to commit to one specific sub sub genre of a sub genre.

Techno is techno, it`s supposed to be a free creative music the defies definition.

It`s just
Techno

I love it, but it had it`s time, you can only punt out off kilter kick rythms and ambient sounds for a while before people want music again.

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I call them broken beats

me too

now... "off beat" is something else entirely
more like very "up" techno but "down" too if you get my drift
like , blended with dub house , ska , waltz , and chamber music
but conforming to the principles laid out in the restaurant at the end of the universe.

not everyones cup of tea i hasten to add.

also there's something to do with the intro titles for "the bill" tv series
where the footsteps of the plodding coppers fall slightly off beat.

5/4 i think it is

something like that

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 03:06 PM

you need to stop playing

gunjack
15-01-2008, 04:22 PM
ok "broken beat" IS A STYLE THAT ALREADY EXISTS IN THE NU JAZZ WORLD

off beat or DOUBLE BEAT as we called it back in spain is just that, 130 - 148 bpm techno that is 4x4 in signature but does not have the kick on the first beat of every bar of music for example the boom hiss boom hiss boom hiss boom hiss is what they leyman calls 4x4 but actually double beat is 4x4 usually as well unless someone is really experimenting with other time signatures and making less "dj friendly" material... but anyway for the NYC heads, just so you know, you are calling "double beat" or "off beat" techno - "broken beat" but broken beat is a breakbeat/nu-jazz genre so maybe switch up the terminology...

by the way, double beat records have been really hard to sell since olga + yuzef saturated the market in 2004

some great off beat stuff coming out on ppruk64 and omerta 01 check them!

GJ

Adey
15-01-2008, 04:28 PM
the topic isnt about wonky.

don't be gay. yes it is.

gunjack
15-01-2008, 04:28 PM
A bit late for all this anyway isn`t it, broken beat techno was big about 3-4 years ago, especially the spanish and birmingham sound.

But it`s all dead in the water now innit

well the dutch are still kinda just catching on lol but you are absulutely right.... i have been doung the whole double up kick thing for a while, my buddy matt took it even further though with that "unfinished bussiness" track on ppruk64, real half time feal without losing the momentum needed in a track like that. think the key is the interaction, the talking of the kick with another drum that leaves alot of double beat tracks feeling half done...

gunjack
15-01-2008, 04:30 PM
yes it is

call it what you want but broken, off-beat and all that is Wonky ****ing Techno. simple as. If its the repetitive shite that you simply jigsaw togetehr back to back its called straight techno... everything else. I mean everything else would come under Wonky ****ing techno = proper techno.

um no mate, we are talking about artists like: gunjack, surgeon, olga+yuzef, c. wunsch, takaaki, dave sumner etc etc etc

you are talking about:

niel landstrum, vogel, subhead etc etc

get yo shit straight before presuming to correct people. i suggest the "lurk n learn" approach...

gunjack
15-01-2008, 04:31 PM
don't be gay. yes it is.

nice edit dude.

koma
15-01-2008, 05:44 PM
don't be gay. yes it is.

if theres anything gay in techno, its techno substyles consisting of 5 artists that are recycling each other, but calling themselves proper. :xsmile:

BranLanen
16-01-2008, 09:08 AM
off beat or DOUBLE BEAT as we called it back in spain is just that...
Which part of Spain? In the north people always said "triple beat" but I think the right translation could be triple kick(?)

You mean PRRUK 064?

The Overfiend
17-01-2008, 04:24 AM
ok "broken beat" IS A STYLE THAT ALREADY EXISTS IN THE NU JAZZ WORLD

off beat or DOUBLE BEAT as we called it back in spain is just that, 130 - 148 bpm techno that is 4x4 in signature but does not have the kick on the first beat of every bar of music for example the boom hiss boom hiss boom hiss boom hiss is what they leyman calls 4x4 but actually double beat is 4x4 usually as well unless someone is really experimenting with other time signatures and making less "dj friendly" material... but anyway for the NYC heads, just so you know, you are calling "double beat" or "off beat" techno - "broken beat" but broken beat is a breakbeat/nu-jazz genre so maybe switch up the terminology...

by the way, double beat records have been really hard to sell since olga + yuzef saturated the market in 2004

GJ

Broken Beat / Nu jazz as in Jeremy Ellis and other material on Ubiquity true.
But categorizing techno by its time signature is a shit move anyways.
It used to be called Birmingham sound to be truly technical about it.
For the record that "Unfinished Business" track is ass. I'm not even saying it cause I don't like the kid, but it is not a breakthrough technique to take a vocal run it through glitch and do a broken time signature around it.......through the whooole damn song. Nothing groundbreaking at all. In your defense Brian I say you know what you're doing when it comes to that kind of track, but ya mans an them..................

dirty_bass
17-01-2008, 05:41 AM
well the dutch are still kinda just catching on lol but you are absulutely right.... i have been doung the whole double up kick thing for a while, my buddy matt took it even further though with that "unfinished bussiness" track on ppruk64, real half time feal without losing the momentum needed in a track like that. think the key is the interaction, the talking of the kick with another drum that leaves alot of double beat tracks feeling half done...

well, I always found your broken beat techno to be a good example of how to carry it out properly. Rather than making a typical techno beat and then shifting the kick, you reworked the groove to play against the new kick arrangement.
More of a hip hop mentality, but with techno abstraction.
I`d love to see that kind of thing get fully accepted into techno.

Little_Fella!
17-01-2008, 04:59 PM
well, I always found your broken beat techno to be a good example of how to carry it out properly. Rather than making a typical techno beat and then shifting the kick, you reworked the groove to play against the new kick arrangement.

I remember struggling with the broken beat and double kick side of things and then it clicking in to place and me actually prefering the change and the extra scope for rhythm changes that it gives you as a producer... lovely!!!

Little_Fella!
17-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh.. and as a listener I really need that 'Oscar Mulero' hit when I'm out n about, or I start to get bored after a while of just 4x4 hammering... :crackup:

gunjack
18-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Which part of Spain? In the north people always said "triple beat" but I think the right translation could be triple kick(?)

You mean PRRUK 064?

no there is no triple bombo as you say, i worked for a long while in madrid, in a vinyl distributor thanks very much, and yea i made a typo. geez what a jerk huh?

anyway dirty bass thanks for the compliment, like i say planet rhythm 64 and omerta 001 are on promo now, they are fine examples i feel, of the double beat sound taken in the kinda direction you mention, more interaction than displacement for sure.

Kokotorobot
18-01-2008, 10:19 AM
omerta 001 (http://www.triplevision.nl/release/OMERTA+001/) - HEAVY!

nice work.

Kokotorobot
18-01-2008, 10:20 AM
gunjack, surgeon, olga+yuzef

the spelling is olga + jozef btw

he aint no fukin commie, its an insult :D

koma
18-01-2008, 10:56 AM
omerta 001 (http://www.triplevision.nl/release/OMERTA+001/) - HEAVY!

nice work.

silent killer:dance: :BigThumbUp:

gunjack
18-01-2008, 04:41 PM
the spelling is olga + jozef btw

he aint no fukin commie, its an insult :D

my bad, toki and dalo anyway hehe, anyway thanks for the props on omerta 001!!!

gunjack
18-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Broken Beat / Nu jazz as in Jeremy Ellis and other material on Ubiquity true.
But categorizing techno by its time signature is a shit move anyways.
It used to be called Birmingham sound to be truly technical about it.
For the record that "Unfinished Business" track is ass. I'm not even saying it cause I don't like the kid, but it is not a breakthrough technique to take a vocal run it through glitch and do a broken time signature around it.......through the whooole damn song. Nothing groundbreaking at all. In your defense Brian I say you know what you're doing when it comes to that kind of track, but ya mans an them..................

um no that beat is nothing like the birmingham sound, and ok you don't like the vocal? but the kick and clap patterns etc are ABSOLUTELY INOVATIVE and are a new twist on the double beat sound making tracks like that mixable with half time hip hop etc... and if you want to get "technical" about it LUKE SLATER came up with that sound on the early planetary assault sytems records, but matt takes it further.... your comments on the vocal are fair enough, but the rest of the bullshit you are talking is PURE HATING on your part.

gunjack
18-01-2008, 06:05 PM
oh and that vocal isn't runt hrough "glitch" thanks, that plug in is no longer used in our studio as we glitch our shit manually now. who wants to be limited by 8 presets? serious hating going on there tony, that's good music and you know it. you don't like the 50 cent sample, fair enough but you cant front on the production of that track.

gunjack
18-01-2008, 06:06 PM
man tony you don't even know what you are talking about "broken time signature"?! maybe talk less and learn more.

The Overfiend
18-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Pure Hating?

Brian first of all money....
You were not even addressed in my text, so if Matt has something to tell me
Let homeboy tell me himself, stop playing big brother trying to stand in front of bullets.
I found absolutely nothing ground breaking about that track, and I am fully entitled to my opinion. You're right I don't like the vocal, I didn't care for the kick or the timing of it either.
I do believe I even threw a compliment towards you and your efforts in this particular genre we are speaking of, so think again before attempting to insult my knowledge or what I know. I am not hating on something if I think the jawn is asscheeks, we all have opinions and as a public forum I am entitled to speak my piece as are you as is he. I am sure your record will sell based on your merits alone regardless.

Cheers

Kokotorobot
18-01-2008, 06:43 PM
my bad, toki and dalo anyway hehe, anyway thanks for the props on omerta 001!!!

it's toky ;)

RDR
18-01-2008, 08:08 PM
if theres anything gay in techno, its techno substyles consisting of 5 artists that are recycling each other, but calling themselves proper. :xsmile:

hitting at ya neighbours there koma ;)

RDR
18-01-2008, 08:11 PM

The good side of the hip-hop mentality that is...

not the ho's and bling, fun while it lasted, but not my cuppa these days..

as for broken techno.. bleep techno.. wonky techno.

by its very nature it seeks not to conform. hence the confusion. besides if its good music who gives a crap.

ds2
18-01-2008, 08:15 PM
silent killer:dance: :BigThumbUp:

awesome track.

BranLanen
19-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the link to listen the Omerta! could someone give another link for the Planet R. 64? I couln't find that releases....

The Overfiend
19-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Here I'll put some light on the genre

Olga & Josef
Oliver Ho (Older Material)
James Ruskinand the old Blueprints
Dalo & Toky
Oscar Mulero
Christian Wunsch
Luka Baumann
Grovskopa
Mhonolink's Fine Audio Mix Cd had a brilliant Broken Beat section of its own.

koma
19-01-2008, 05:36 PM
no DJ Boss on the list? ;)

check slovakian labels
http://www.discogs.com/label/Antidandruff
http://www.discogs.com/label/Numb
http://www.discogs.com/label/Palicavonzvreca
http://www.discogs.com/label/Dole-Gate

can't go wrong with them

SlavikSvensk
19-01-2008, 05:36 PM
this thread feels like the old days :)

The Overfiend
20-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh and how dare me not bring up skunkworks
Shoot that shit still kills

MARK ANXIOUS
20-01-2008, 11:17 PM
this thread feels like the old days :)

:)

MITA
21-01-2008, 12:41 AM
it's not about HT/Schrnz
no fun

Little_Fella!
21-01-2008, 06:38 AM
To be honest I think broken beat is brilliant if it is done well and cuts with the groove... not just off the 4x4 almost for the sake of it - - I start to run away and hide if that's the case...:wot:

clubsynthetic
21-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I always though offbeat meant in a 4/4 time signature, the off beat is the beat in between the bass kick beats. one would double beat two records on the off beat no?

The Overfiend
21-01-2008, 05:43 PM
man tony you don't even know what you are talking about "broken time signature"?! maybe talk less and learn more.

Yeah take music theory and you'll know what I am talking about.

force
21-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Oi Deaf!

Really liking this release. Will it be available for digital download?

*please say yes please say yes*

dirty_bass
21-01-2008, 06:57 PM
As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as a broken time signature.

There are odd time signatures, sure, and you can mix them up, say go from 4/4 to 3/4 and then back to 4/4, but the term "broken time signature" is not something I have encountered in music theory.

There are compound time signatures which can be very complex, and it is extremely rare to find them within techno, and then going further into the more complex you have, complex, assymetric and irregular time signatures.

none of these however can be called "broken time signatures".

I now take off my nerd specs, and go back to boshing out beats in the studio.

Jay Pace
21-01-2008, 07:03 PM
I've done plenty of theory and never seen it.

Theory was ****ing tedious stuff to pile through though. Maybe the exact terms differ across the seas....

The Overfiend
21-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I was addresing the time signature and called it broken to use as a reference point for discussion but the lot of you understood my exact point.

Jay Pace
21-01-2008, 07:31 PM
True

To be honest, I'm not sure how much room there is to be "ground breaking" in time signature.

5 beats in a bar? Wowee, madness!
Six beats? 9 beats? Twelfty ten? Zoinks!

The rhythmically defined sub genres can be a bit faddy. They get stale if all they've got going for on is a slightly different beat pattern.

dirty_bass
21-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I've done plenty of theory and never seen it.

Theory was ****ing tedious stuff to pile through though. Maybe the exact terms differ across the seas....

Your right, music theory can be woeful.

The Overfiend
21-01-2008, 07:35 PM
True

To be honest, I'm not sure how much room there is to be "ground breaking" in time signature.

5 beats in a bar? Wowee, madness!
Six beats? 9 beats? Twelfty ten? Zoinks!

The rhythmically defined sub genres can be a bit faddy. They get stale if all they've got going for on is a slightly different beat pattern.

hit the nail on the head

gunjack
21-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah take music theory and you'll know what I am talking about.

ok now you are taking the piss dude. it's all 4/4 time signatures even broken beat stuff, dumbass.

a preview of one of my trakcs from the planet rhythm single (64) can be heard at the end of this radio show: http://lesterdiamondradio.com/2008/01/12/diamond-radio-14-january-11-2008/

it's called ghosts of cite soleil (like the film catch it on the web or dvd) and is kinda pitched down there....

digital version of omerta 001? hmmm lemme look into that, but omerta released a digital exclusive called "on my block" a while back look for it on beatport!

gj

gunjack
21-01-2008, 07:45 PM
oh yea and "unfinished business" is inovative because there aren't any tracks like that in the market AT ALL. name one tony since you are so smart?

the shit is original. even if you are hating on the sample. period. i will not indulge you any further on the matter.

and you are a jerk for talking down to me a bout "usic theory" i have more musicianship in one pubic hair than you have en your entire blubbery fat ass.

gunjack
21-01-2008, 07:48 PM
p.s. tony any forum moderated by you who know no moderation is wack. wait til matt's forum goes live and you will see what the f4ck you should have been doing with your free time. damn you are a jackass sometimes. you really lost any credibility you had with me, with your little "music theory" joke. i could make more tracks on a nose flute from guam and a stick than you with all your stupid plugins from pat DSP.

The Overfiend
21-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I do not care to have any credibility with you Brian.
You saying that and your insults thrown on top are irrelevant.
I told you his track is not ground breaking and I am still entitled to my opinion.
I stick to that opinion, to be honest.
I think all of the insulting you are doing is pretty childish, and to be honest with you, it's becoming of you, and your reputation, which preceeds you.
As far as your future projects with Matt K, enjoy!
I hope you do very well in fact, lord knows you need something to go right for you.
As far as what I do with my free time, I've been working my 40 hour a week job, remember what that feels like?
As well as finishing out my bachelors degree.
This "hustle" called music is your life, and that's fine, but just remember this, when you needed help.
I helped you, on the strength.
When you were in a bad situation in Cali, I helped you with an alternate and put my friendship on the line with a certain Canadian label head, which you threw salt in that situation as well.
Even mentioning Dsp is uncalled for since he is not here to speak his piece.
As I recall you who used his samples without his permission to make a certain Submissions Ep.
Then when ya hung yourself out in that situation I introduced you to Matt K, who, when the situation was bad for you once again, I asked someone I knew to help you out, which he did.
In the end it benefitted him ultimately, because he is just snuggled up lovely in your laurels and reaping the benefits of your business arrangements.
So, you can insult me all you want, brag about your musical endeavors, and even make fun of me, that's all fine, but anyone who knows you.
Knows how in the end Gunjack is only out for Gunjack.

eyeswithoutaface
21-01-2008, 10:07 PM
http://formulaic.100yen.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/779_jeremy_kyle_342x262.jpg

you guy's need to give this guy a ring

soon

ampassasinbirmingham
21-01-2008, 11:17 PM
To be fair, The overfind isn't the first person for Gunjack to piss off. He sprouts his mouth off without even batting an eyelid to what the other person may be feeling or the consequences of his actions. Look at the overfinds comments and look how immature, childish and dare i say it "GHETTO" Gunjacks comments are.

and this is just goldust

"i could make more tracks on a nose flute from guam and a stick than you with all your stupid plugins from pat DSP."

And to call your own music innovative is ridiculously big headed and egocentric. Let others be the judge of that.

i think Gunjack might be a narcissist!!!!!

Maybe Gunjack is gonna put a cap in my ass now!!???

MARK ANXIOUS
22-01-2008, 12:08 AM
is this all really serving any purpose????

i mean... really???

come on, let's get back on track here guys, this is quite a good little topic imho...

The Overfiend
22-01-2008, 12:23 AM
I think it is a great topic.
I believe a lot of interesting discussion has come from it.
I do not however think it is the place to plug my own or a mates release
As the best example of the genre to ever come along since the first time
Surgeon played La Real
:)

robin m
22-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Blimey. This thread took a nosedive since I last looked at it...

Everyone listens to music through their own ears at the end of the day. What's 'ground breaking' is a personal thing. If someone doesn't think a track of yours falls into that category it's for them to understand why and for you to accept that it's their opinion. Attacking someone for a comment you perceive as negative puts me off even listening to the tune, personally.

If you release music it's fair game for people's opinions, whether positive or negative... not everyone's going to see what you see in it, that's just life. 50% of my mates wouldn't see any techno record I own as groundbreaking, cause they listen for something completely different to me in music - I reckon they're missing out and they reckon I'm missing the point of the electro-folk ot whatever they're into - that's why music's great, it's a personal thing.

This topic was an interesting one before it got derailed.

robin m
22-01-2008, 12:29 AM
...having said all that I have just listened to the EP samples and I definitely dig it - good work man:)

MITA
22-01-2008, 03:13 AM
we are all a single organism,and organism in war with it;s self is doomed!!!!!!

WANKERS

dirty_bass
22-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Conflict breeds innovation.

there have never been more greater advances in science and technology than during times of war.

SlavikSvensk
22-01-2008, 03:23 AM

you're right! but you may not realize just how right you are...

...this thread is actually from 2004...

seriously...look at page 1!

2004 was groundbreaking though, in more ways than one :laughing:

...and the turn this conversation has taken reminds me of 2005, at least... :;

MITA
22-01-2008, 03:30 AM

there have never been more greater advances in science and technology than during times of war.
if we are fighting with guns and bombs then yea
but words and music? dont think so~

dirty_bass
22-01-2008, 04:14 AM
if we are fighting with guns and bombs then yea
but words and music? dont think so~

tooth and claw
tooth and claw

MITA
22-01-2008, 06:57 AM
tigerstyle,eh?

RDR
22-01-2008, 06:58 AM

And with quite a few other things as well, the perv.

gunjack
22-01-2008, 09:56 PM
hey sam if you weren't acting the fool trying to condescend to me with your little "music theory" comment i would not have had to get nasty with you. but at the end of the day you will still be some hater on the internet and i will be releasing music in the real world.

ampass i said matt's track was inovative, not my own, learn to read instead of sskimming.

MARK, YOUR "MODERATOR" IS TAKING THE PISS WITH JABS LIKE "TAKE A MUSIC THEORY CLASS" OR WHATEVER.... IS THIS REALLY CALLED FOR?

tony lugo talks and talks like he is "in the know" but he is just som,e other outsider trying to play "know it all"

tony if you spent half as much time on your music than you did looking for ways to pop off at people you might not sound like such a generic loop monger.

the truth hurts i bet but it's true. how many years have you been on this forum talking shit? what have you accomplished?

you need to learn how to WRITE MUSIC not just slap a bunch of prefab loops together into some chaotic "hard techno" demo trax like you do.

GROW THE F4CK UP TONY. STOP HATING ON MATT AND I AND GO MAKE SOMETHING ON YOUR OWN.

TYPICAL JEALOUS HATER TEARING PEOPLE DOWN INSTEAD OF ANSWERING WITH HIS MUSIC.

PRODUCE SOMETHING GENUINE AND THEN MAYBE PEOPLE WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.

OH YEA TONY, YOU DIDN'T INTRODUCE ME TO MATT K, YOU PASSED HIM MY EMAIL, STOP TRYING TO PLAY THE GODFATHER AND TAKE YOUR PLACE IN LINE WITH THE REST OF THE HATERS.

SERIOUSLY, PATHETIC, MATT AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU MAN AND IF PASSING MY EMAIL TO MATT K IS YOUR CLAIM TO FAME THEN YOU ARE A SAD, PETTY DUDE.

gunjack
22-01-2008, 10:13 PM
in the end Gunjack is only out for Gunjack.

OH THEN YOU ARE ALL NOBLE AND OUT TO CURE CANCER OR WHAT?
WHAT THE F4CK ARE you IN THIS FOR THEN? INNOVATION? YOU AIN'T INNOVATED A DAMNED THING SINCE YOUR LAST BOWEL MOVEMENT.

I AM OUT FOR MAKING MUSIC AND PUTTING RECORDS OUT, TAKING MY IDEAS AS FAR AS I CAN SO YEA, I AM OUT FOR GUNJACK! GODDAMNED RIGHT! IF I DON'T LOOK OUT FOR ME WHO WILL? YOU?

YOU TONY LUGO, FANK PAUZE AND PAT DSP ARE SOME OF THE FAKEST, PETTIEST AND CORNIEST M4THER4CKERS OUT THERE.

FRANK PAUZE CARES MORE ABOUT FOLLOWING HIS DICK AROUND THAN MAKING MUSIC OR RUNNING HARDSIGNAL, PAT DSP DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP FOR HIMSELF TO YOU OR FRANK AND YOU ARE JUST A JEALOUS HANGER ON, SOME FOOL WHO TALKS A BIG GAME ABOUT "WHATEVER YOU NEED I AM THERE FOR YOU" BUT NEVER ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES MORE THAN COMPLAINTS.
MAN F4CK YOU AND YOUR LITTLE BLACKOUT TECHNO FANTASY CAMP:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP, WORDS NOW MEAN SHIT FROM YOU, SHOW US YOUR ALL KNOWING TECHNO TECHNIQUE... SHEEEIIIIT FOOL YOU AIN'T GOT CHOPS, IF YOU DID YOU WOULD BE PUTTING OUT SHIT TO BACK UP ALL THIS EMPTY TALK YOU USE TO FILL YOUR FREE TIME.

FOOL CONSIDER GUNJACK OFFICIALLY OUT OF THE BLACKOUT BUILDING. ANY FORUM MODERATED BY TONY LUGO IS A JOKE.

HOW YOU GONNA COME AT SOMEONE WITH MORE THAN A HUNDRED COMMERCIAL MUSIC RELEASES AND GET SARCASTIC ABOUT "MUSIC THEORY" WHEN YOUR ASS AIN'T DONE AN ORIGINAL TRACK...... EVER?!

DELETE MY ACCOUNT, EVERY TIME I TALK ON THIS FORUM IT'S LIKE FEEDING SIRLOIN TO A PIG LIKE YOU.

FAO MARK EG, YOUR MODERATOR NEEDS SOME MODERATION, IF YOU READ THE THREAD YOU WILL SEE IT WAS RUINED BY TONY'S PERSONAL BEEF WITH MATT AND I.

SHOULDN'T THE MODERATOR AT LEAST PRETEND TO BE OBJECTIVE? OR MAYBE JUST STICK TO TALKING ABOUT MUSIC AND NOT TAKE CHEAP SHOTS????

I URGE ANYBODY WHO IS SICK OF ROMPER ROOM MODERATORS AND ENDLESS DISCUSSIONS ABOUT "SCHRANZ VS MNML" ETC TO SIGN UP OVER AT

http://hardtekno.net/

TENS OF THOUSANDS SIGNED UP ALREADY AND COUNTING.

RESPECT TO ALL THE GENUINE AND NICE PEOPLE I HAVE MET HERE ON BLACKOUT
AND A BIG F4CK YOU TO ALL THE CORNY HATERS WHO GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT RIDE COAT TAILS.

gunjack
22-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh Yea And That "unauthorized' Sample I "stole" From Dsp Is a Mr. Finger's Acapella That Is Available Even On Limewire.... Man

"i Introduced You To Matt"
"you Stole Pat's Samples"

Are You Really This Pathetic? Why Does What I Do Have Such A Grand Effect On You? You Are Just Hating, Looking For Reasons To Tear Down Because You Don't Have The Gumption To Create... How Many People On This Forum Actually Would Play One Of Your Beats Out? I Am Guessing That None Of The Mature Folks Here Would Even Give Your Little Beats A Second Listen. You Are A Sorry Assed Wannabe And I Am Gonna Go Back To Writing Music And Releasing Records, Maybe You Should Give It A Try.

The Overfiend
22-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, you actually formulated a thought in one singular post, kudos!

As a mod, I pointed out to do the promotion for your release, in the release section.
Simply because that is what it is for.

In regards to "taking the piss" all I did was throw a dart your way since you have been pretty much prancing around the topic of this thread correcting everyones ideas and post scripting it with the most ground breaking broken beat release of them all, your Planet Rhythm 64.

Which I even stated the tracks on there are good, I just didn't think your boy Matt was as groundbreaking, special, or even playable as you stated.

As far as my musical endeavors, I am no where near worried about your opinion on what I do. I do what I do, I have releases out, with more than reputable labels, and I have my performances slated, and my business in place. It's laughable you even feeling like I have to justify my endeavors to you of all people.

You may be "winning" the churning out 2 or 3 releases a month race, but you most certainly are loosing the race called life. Quality over Quantity.

Side note I am not a hater of what you do, or what Matt does.
Taking responsibility for placing Hip Hop vocals over beats has been done since the old UC days in Chicago.

Truth be told.

May the broken beat discussion continue on.

Jay Pace
22-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Loving The Use Of Caps

ADDS TO THE MENACE

and
the unCERTAINTY!

robin m
23-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Loving The Use Of Caps

ADDS TO THE MENACE

and
the unCERTAINTY!

:lol: :lol:

POR QUE BRUV CLOT?

force
23-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Loving The Use Of Caps

ADDS TO THE MENACE

and
the unCERTAINTY!

Had a few views this thread, aint it?

snooch
23-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Boy this thread took a nosedive.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/MrMentallo/epicfail.jpg

John Vella
23-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow some guys can talk alot of trash from behind the security & safety of a computer screen!! Turns people into instant tough guys.

The Overfiend
23-01-2008, 01:14 AM
And gangsterish thugs, techno tough guys, lol.
Lets not forget that one.

Has anyone heard the Horror Brawl mix that's in the files section really good display of some of this stuff.

John Vella
23-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Yup... Gangster alright..... Straight Outta Suburbia.

SlavikSvensk
23-01-2008, 01:20 AM
DELETE MY ACCOUNT, EVERY TIME I TALK ON THIS FORUM IT'S LIKE FEEDING SIRLOIN TO A PIG LIKE YOU.

no one is forcing you to come on here, man and just because one person doesn't like something you did or something you post doesn't he's "drinking haterade." but it doesn't mean he's right either. he just doesn't agree with you. and since we're talking about "innovation," a subjective concept, that's just another opinion among many. tbh i'm a bit surprised that someone who's put a lot of stuff out seems to have such a problem with criticism.

you and tony obviously have some history and some sh*t to work out, but this is really kind of silly place and way to do that.

The Overfiend
23-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Agreed, Slav.
I was just giving my opinion on a track.

As far as history with Brian, lol.

I have a good rep with my friends that I have made via techno, from California to Asia and back. I also have a totally separate life outside of this.

5 years from now I will be practicing law, and hopefully still dropping releases.
I certainly will not be considered a ladron.

The Overfiend
23-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Go Hiyama & Takaaki Itoh
Should definitely be on this list for the genre I think.

Si the Sigh
23-01-2008, 08:12 AM
What a massive sack of ass this thread turned out to be...

MITA
23-01-2008, 09:20 AM
bollocks innit :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
23-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Yup... Gangster alright..... Straight Outta Suburbia.

:):):) defiantly

dirty_bass
23-01-2008, 01:03 PM
I heard a story about a music called techno.
Some band invented it in the 90`s.
They did this tune yeah, dah dah dadadadah dah dah dadadadah dah dah dadadadadah dah dum dum dum dum.
no no
no no no no
there`s no limits

Yeah baby it was the bomb.
Avin it.

Where can I hear more of that?

MITA
23-01-2008, 01:21 PM
hey Steve,try here:

http://www.mp3fiesta.com/the_very_best_of_2_unlimited_album98955/

http://www.discogs.com/artist/2+Unlimited

hope this helps~

clubsynthetic
23-01-2008, 01:58 PM
i never heard any of the dubious music in question... Can i have links? or links to links? I wanna hear it/them

The Overfiend
23-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Audio Assault Mix Series Vol I: Luka Baumann

http://psnz.net/arhiva/Luka%20Baumann%20live%20@%20K4,%20Ljubljana,%20Slo venija%2018dec2007.mp3

Horror Brawl - LIVE @ Detatched, Leeds 28/12/2007

http://www.digital-distortions.co.uk/mixes/Horror_%20Brawl_-_LIVE_@_Detatched,Leeds_28-12-2007.mp3

Rumenige feat. Loktibrada 13.03.2004 Reaktor, Warehouse 294

http://www.technoradionewyork.com/downloads/weekly/Livesets-w98-Rumenige%20feat%20Loktibrada%20-%202004-03-13%20-%20Reactor,%20Warehouse294.mp3

JEROEN LIEBREGTS ' JOY, Leeds, 26-08-07

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vx3xry

Jon Hussey - Voice Depth

http://cypher-music.net/JonHussey-VoiceDepth.zip
TRACKLISTING
01) Robert Gorl _ Do It Lets Boogie _ DisKoB
02) The Pope _ Ugandan Speed Trials _ DN
03) Rumenige / Wunsch _ WunschaRumbrada _ Antidandruff 6
04) DJ Boss _ Cekuj Zmrde! (Radial RMX) _ Arms 14
05) HU _ Som Sám Rad Rám _ Backstage.sk 4
06) Rumenige Feat. Loktibrada _ Bandaska _ Antidandruff 4
07) The Unknown Artist _ kazu Kimura rmx _ Black codes 6
08) Joey Beltram _ The Signal Path _ Tresor records
09) Surgeon _ Floorshow Part 1 _ Counterbalance
10) Reeko _ Methodical _ Warm Up Records 16
11) Paul Bailey _ Tomorrow People _ Vet Music 4
12) Surgeon _ Bad Hands _ (monoake Rmx) _ Dynamic Tension
13) Jeroen Liebregts _ Dinner 2 _ Dinner Recordings
14) Exium _ Subtoned _ Nheoma 4
15) Regis _ Death Head Said _ Downwards 26
16) Reeko Vs Gennaro Le Fosse _ Mental Disorder _ Mental Disorder 7
17) Christian Wunsch _ IOU1 Remix _ Emergence Records
18) Makaton _ 2 Jags original _ RSB
19) Surgeon _ Dry _ Dynamic Tension
20) DJ Boss _ Skuter _ Arms 13
21) DJ Boss _ Bottle Treatment _ (Hydromorf Radial Rmx) _ DoleGate 3
22) Rumenige _ Fastfood (Takaaki Itoh rmx) _ Antidandruff 6
23) Jeroen Liebregts _ Replace or Rename _ Arms 10
24) I. Villasante _ The Persecution Begins _ Disclosure 2
25) Rumenige _ Rumenige #2 featuring Takaaki Itoh _ Numb 8
26) Jeroen Liebregts _ Harnas _ Arms 13
27) Inigo Kennedy _ Mister Codes _ Token Records

BRADLEE
23-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I recon this is a nice broken beat tune as well....

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION IS A NO NO AND I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, DAGNABIT

The Overfiend
24-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Brad I would have liked it more if you ran a real gangsterish sample through there.
Try some Salt and Pepa or Vanilla Ice, then it'll be DOPE!
Word!

dirty_bass
24-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Yay lets all put up our tracks!!!
Welcome to the promotion forum!!!!

MITA
24-01-2008, 01:19 PM
topiC dude,topiC

clubsynthetic
24-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I think what people describe as broken beats has elements of double beating or off beating as it was said but it is nothing innovating. although i haven't listen to them all yet.

BRADLEE
24-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Yay lets all put up our tracks!!!
Welcome to the promotion forum!!!!

It fits in the topic doesn't it? The kid above asked to hear some stuff....So what's the problem???

dirty_bass
24-01-2008, 10:02 PM
As a mod, I pointed out to do the promotion for your release, in the release section.
Simply because that is what it is for.

I do not however think it is the place to plug my own or a mates release

Brad I would have liked it more if you ran a real gangsterish sample through there.
Word!

I may be being pernickety, but, this does seem like double standards.

Stella Boy
24-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Word!

:lol: double standards or what :lol:

Stella Boy
24-01-2008, 10:19 PM
oops, just seen DB's post.

MITA
25-01-2008, 12:52 AM
hehehe ooooooooooooooooooooooooops

The Overfiend
25-01-2008, 04:07 AM
I may be being pernickety, but, this does seem like double standards.

Brad, I don't believe was soliciting purchases of his upcoming release but rather giving an example of what he felt was a good example of the genre, which I guess in his case was his own track.

I was taking the piss as you say. I am allowed to have a sense of humor too.
If you think I really want to hear that in a track then you do not know me or my tastes.

As for the preceeding situation, it is what it is.
Brian is like a street peasant trying to tell a CEO what to do with his business.
His opinions are insignificant at best, not to mention the fake gangster persona is unbecoming, and to be honest somewhat offensive to those of us who have lived in what some people would consider "the hood."
I may be from the Bronx and I do like firearms very much, but I don't have to stand on the soapbox and shout it.

BRADLEE
25-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Brad, I don't believe was soliciting purchases of his upcoming release but rather giving an example of what he felt was a good example of the genre, which I guess in his case was his own track.

:Yes: Nope Steve's right....I'm a whore...and it's all about the attention:Yes:

haha, that tune wasnt posted for promo, just an example of my idea of what I like is. Sorry I didnt post one of your tunes Steve, would that have been more appropriate?

Just had to edit this cause I seen the link was removed...So thank you...And yes, yes I do have a black mans penis. Thank you, this press conference is over.:lol:

stjohn
25-01-2008, 10:13 PM
john hussey has some nice mixes out there, just found out im playing sub-club bratislava with him and sunil sharpe next month... cant bleedin wait

Audio Assault Mix Series Vol I: Luka Baumann

http://psnz.net/arhiva/Luka%20Baumann%20live%20@%20K4,%20Ljubljana,%20Slo venija%2018dec2007.mp3

Horror Brawl - LIVE @ Detatched, Leeds 28/12/2007

http://www.digital-distortions.co.uk/mixes/Horror_%20Brawl_-_LIVE_@_Detatched,Leeds_28-12-2007.mp3

Rumenige feat. Loktibrada 13.03.2004 Reaktor, Warehouse 294

http://www.technoradionewyork.com/downloads/weekly/Livesets-w98-Rumenige%20feat%20Loktibrada%20-%202004-03-13%20-%20Reactor,%20Warehouse294.mp3

JEROEN LIEBREGTS ' JOY, Leeds, 26-08-07

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vx3xry

Jon Hussey - Voice Depth

http://cypher-music.net/JonHussey-VoiceDepth.zip
TRACKLISTING
01) Robert Gorl _ Do It Lets Boogie _ DisKoB
02) The Pope _ Ugandan Speed Trials _ DN
03) Rumenige / Wunsch _ WunschaRumbrada _ Antidandruff 6
04) DJ Boss _ Cekuj Zmrde! (Radial RMX) _ Arms 14
05) HU _ Som Sám Rad Rám _ Backstage.sk 4
06) Rumenige Feat. Loktibrada _ Bandaska _ Antidandruff 4
07) The Unknown Artist _ kazu Kimura rmx _ Black codes 6
08) Joey Beltram _ The Signal Path _ Tresor records
09) Surgeon _ Floorshow Part 1 _ Counterbalance
10) Reeko _ Methodical _ Warm Up Records 16
11) Paul Bailey _ Tomorrow People _ Vet Music 4
12) Surgeon _ Bad Hands _ (monoake Rmx) _ Dynamic Tension
13) Jeroen Liebregts _ Dinner 2 _ Dinner Recordings
14) Exium _ Subtoned _ Nheoma 4
15) Regis _ Death Head Said _ Downwards 26
16) Reeko Vs Gennaro Le Fosse _ Mental Disorder _ Mental Disorder 7
17) Christian Wunsch _ IOU1 Remix _ Emergence Records
18) Makaton _ 2 Jags original _ RSB
19) Surgeon _ Dry _ Dynamic Tension
20) DJ Boss _ Skuter _ Arms 13
21) DJ Boss _ Bottle Treatment _ (Hydromorf Radial Rmx) _ DoleGate 3
22) Rumenige _ Fastfood (Takaaki Itoh rmx) _ Antidandruff 6
23) Jeroen Liebregts _ Replace or Rename _ Arms 10
24) I. Villasante _ The Persecution Begins _ Disclosure 2
25) Rumenige _ Rumenige #2 featuring Takaaki Itoh _ Numb 8
26) Jeroen Liebregts _ Harnas _ Arms 13
27) Inigo Kennedy _ Mister Codes _ Token Records

dirty_bass
26-01-2008, 12:08 AM
:Yes: Nope Steve's right....I'm a whore...and it's all about the attention:Yes:

haha, that tune wasnt posted for promo, just an example of my idea of what I like is. Sorry I didnt post one of your tunes Steve, would that have been more appropriate?

Just had to edit this cause I seen the link was removed...So thank you...And yes, yes I do have a black mans penis. Thank you, this press conference is over.:lol:

Hey, don`t try to turn this around on me, I haven`t mentioned my own shit at all.

BRADLEE
26-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey, don`t try to turn this around on me, I haven`t mentioned my own shit at all.

:lol: Again, Brad is Wrong....Steve is right....:lol:

koma
26-01-2008, 12:54 AM
damn it, brad
stop foolin around and post the pic of your cock already

you might aswell post it on my board too, i'm sure stereo club will be full then.
i would post mine, but most girls already saw it, so...

BRADLEE
26-01-2008, 01:36 AM
damn it, brad
stop foolin around and post the pic of your cock already

you might aswell post it on my board too, i'm sure stereo club will be full then.
i would post mine, but most girls already saw it, so...

http://media1.guzer.com/pictures/big_rooster.jpg

The Overfiend
29-01-2008, 08:25 PM
That's the second Cock I seen in this thread!

278d7e64a374de26f==