PDA

View Full Version : dettmann kick

dj boss
14-05-2009, 07:00 PM
hey guys, been trying to figure this kick / sub bass out for ages but can never seem to get it right, seems to be two kicks layered? One deep subby one with slow attack then a nice punchy round one on top? just wondering if any can point me in the right direction in how to achieve this sound, can't seem to get it no matter what i try!!! cheers

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NH4ZMZ2

loopdon
19-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I am listening to it. There is some use of reversed sounds in that loop. Which might add to the magic you hear. The kick itself (meaning the ''attack'' portion) sounds pretty woody and standard. to me. I will try and investigate further.

dj boss
20-05-2009, 12:22 PM
cheers man, not sure where ya hear the reverse sound but i'll take your word for it, think you know a lot better than me anyway, thanks for having a listen

loopdon
20-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought that's what i could hear/see anyways.
I'd try and upload the snippet into something like recycle or another audio editor, pref. with slicing capabilities. Then you can also visualize the whole shebang. There might even be some hints of verb in there. Ther 'reversed' part could be part of that or another kick and pasted after the real kick in an offbeat position. I will try and have a good look at it this we. I hope someone else might chime in as well.

278d7e64a374de26f==