PDA

View Full Version : New track from me.. "Leather Face" [BrokenTechno]

ORIS
19-05-2009, 12:41 AM
I reckon I'm nearly finished, gonna possibly add a sample from on the the films, but not sure.

As always, would love to know what you guys think!!

Safe.

http://mcssw.co.uk/audio/ORiS-LeatherFace.mp3

:D

DVNT
19-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Liking this. Rolls nicely, got some nice edits and bits going on. Sounds good as it is without the sample. :)

judas_beast
19-05-2009, 03:04 PM
needs a synth part, or something. as it is its a solid percussion track..

force
19-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Nowt at all wrong with it being a solid percussion track.

Like what you got going on here mate. Dark, rhythmic, powerful stuff...

Jay Pace
19-05-2009, 08:38 PM
hey dude

Good stuff here mate. Only on head phones but a few comments - mix sounds a little muddy, think you need to work on the EQ to balance things out a bit more. The kick is huge and boomy, as you want really with this type of track but you might want to help define it a bit better - make the bass hit and the top click defined then cut the muddy 200hz area out of things. The high end gets a little squashed out of things by the sidechain, I'd cut away some of the piercing high freqs so that you can bring the overall volume up, then add some widening to increase their punch.

Rhythmn wise how have you quantised this? Is it straight or is there some shuffling going on? It might just be how you've set the side chain up around the kick, but the kick pumping sounds a bit out of goose with the other sounds in your mix. Might need to play about with the attack/release settings on the compressor, or maybe tweak the shuffle to make sure the kick spacing sounds tight. Might want to look at varying the volumes of the kicks as well, I like broken beat stuff, but its good to get a bit of variety in the drum programming, otherwise its a bit like getting slammed int he head with every kick. That might be what you're going for though....

Only other thing I'd suggest is maybe try doing this a bit slower? Can't help feeling you'd get a lot more energy, menace and groove if you slowed this down a bit. Each kick would pack more of a defined punch, it sounds a bit cramped as it is. Would give your mix a lot more space, plus when it gets played people will inevitably pitch it up anyway. Usually as a rule I like to write tracks a bit slower, much easier to write that way, and that sort of techno tends to get pitched up as a rule.

judas_beast
19-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Nowt at all wrong with it being a solid percussion track.

nah not at all, but personally I think, as good as it sounds, if Oris could find a hook or something to really make it stand out it would take it to the next level.

DannyBlack
21-05-2009, 12:16 AM
**** you oris. i started a broken track yesterday and WAS feeling good about it. not now. hahaha

wicked tune mate. wicked.

ORIS
25-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Cheers for the feedback lads!!! Always appreciated..

@Jay, I know exactly what you mean about the muddyness of the kicks, I've been working on a few issues over the weekend so I'll get it uploaded sometime tonight.

@Danny, Get that track posted up. [curious]

DannyBlack
26-05-2009, 05:21 PM
she's up on my myspace dude. just added you :-)

BRADLEE
30-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Links down oris...I want to listen also my friend.

DVNT
30-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Love this.

Played it out recently. Will put the archive up shortly :)

ORIS
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Links down oris...I want to listen also my friend.

Get on MSN man!!, or there is a poor quality version up on My-MySpace.

ORIS
01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Love this.

Played it out recently. Will put the archive up shortly :)

Nice one mate!!!! How did it go down? And, can't wait for that link! I'm a big fan of your mixes man.

ORIS
24-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Right then, kinda went back the drawing board with this one and messed about with it.

Changed the kick, and added a few little things here and there.

It's a bit less in your face now, and I've slowed it down to 130bpm to give things more space....

Would love to know what you think.

http://mp3.mcssw.co.uk/Oris-LeatherFace[ReWrk].mp3

DannyBlack
26-09-2009, 05:19 PM
listened to this the other night but didn't have a chance to write anything down. I can't really say much other than- bloody hell. quality as always.

Id like to hear you and wetworks collaborate. That would be insane.

judas_beast
26-09-2009, 07:17 PM
this tune is almost as big as your expansive gut Oris.

278d7e64a374de26f==