PDA

View Full Version : mc's

saki nzyme
02-12-2002, 01:04 AM
whats everybody's view on mc's then ?

i no that in the scene that mark and my self are in mc's are very common, but in the techno scene there are none, which in my opinion is a good thing.

you have got the good mc's like ribbzy, ezy and ikon who no when to shut up and let the music do the talking.

but i think a mc should introduce the dj then fuk off for the rest of the set, there is nowt worse than some idiot waffaling on about complete shite over good tunes.

what do you lot think ???

aggressor
02-12-2002, 01:53 AM
I agree,

most mc's just like the sound of their own voices, some used to really get on my nerves, if i could, i would try and turn the volume down on the mike.

however, Ribbz is the best mc, he knows what to say and when to say it, he trully understands techno because he is a relly good techno dj too. a good mc like Ribbz can really help you as a dj. He has helped me out a lot, by getting the crowd going and into the music that i was playing, and afterall, that is what a good mc should do.

aggressor

Sam1978
02-12-2002, 02:59 AM
Didn't Ribbzy use to MC at the odd Atomic Jam event back in 95/96 ? Don't think many of the crowd appreciated it MCing though.

Personally when it comes to techno, I don't think there should be MCs. Someone to introduce the sets at the start is fine though.

For hardcore techno + gabba, yeah I suppose. Providing their minimal. This is where MCs with styles like Ribbz are good.

MARKEG
02-12-2002, 05:20 AM
yeah MC's for techno - very bad idea. Ribbsy is the only person I'll ever trust with a MIC if I'm playing techno. Otherwise - f$%^£%^&*^%£*^%*^%£"*CK OFF!!! hahahaha...

miromiric.
02-12-2002, 05:24 AM
i saw once a mc shoutin` in a mike while surgeon was playing!

i honestly thought tony`s gonna kill him. i never saw so much anger in someone`s eyes lol

mcs - no way jose

Esox Lucius
02-12-2002, 05:38 AM
mc`s to techno!!! no way!

to hardcore techno, drum n bass & garage maybe... ribbz is the man when it comes to mc`ing though, pretty good myself.

krakp0t
03-12-2002, 05:05 AM
who the hell thought some moron ranting about nothing through a set was a good idea in the first place? this phenomenon is / was definitely more popular in uk than us.

frenchog
03-12-2002, 02:43 PM
There's nothing worse than a MC gabbling pointless lyrics over good music. But when you do have a good MC like Ribbz at a party it does improve to the atmosphere and personally when i'm at a party where there is no MC i sometime miss them.

That my opinion from the dancefloor anyway.

ampassasinbirmingham
09-11-2003, 09:53 PM
speaking of this. I saw ribbsy Mc to surgeon, Dj t1000 and chris finke. I felt he worked excellent with finke but surgeon not so much so. A bit dark for the mc. Maybe they needed to put Ribbz thu a distortion box to really **** his voice up. The nicest bloke in the world tho.

Orange
09-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I have an old 93 Carl Cox mix set from Fantazia that has some MC runnin lyrics on top of the tunes and I think its mint. ****in havin it. Don't know which MC. I think his rhymin captures the excitement of the night. Honestly, don't think I'd have been able to feel the party atmosphere as much just by the music alone. Having the MC on the tape, though, you can hear him interacting with the crowd. Makes the party feel real live. :cool:

Esox Lucius
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
bloody hell billy, talk about dragging an old post up ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 02:22 AM
found it as i went split on friday and ribbz was sooooo safe(thats an understatment) one friendly ass guy.

ampassasinbirmingham
10-11-2003, 02:25 AM
im also becoming bored as **** and i wanted to post, but not nonsense in the general section. I cant get my fu cking breath when i read the shit they post just to get their post tallies up.

Its proper okay for them to post up pics about shark attacks, but i cant post any sick pics up. Best of all a picture that i took of a FAKED murder scene was deleted.

T
10-11-2003, 01:14 PM
I would normallly sat no to mc's for techno, but having been out last friday night and heard Mc Ribbz alongside dj t1000 & Surgeon, I actually thought he was great. he let the music flow for long periods of time, introduced the djs and got the crowd going. Good job Ribbzy, he respected the music and got the party rockin'.....nice friendly geeza as well.

gumpy green
10-11-2003, 01:32 PM
mc's in techno.....neva seen it done well...not saying it couldnt/hasent been done but any mcing ive heard over any dance/electronic/techno is usually not my cup of tea because ther lyrical skillz arent up to much, dont let the tunes flow long enuf, and have ther mics toooooo loud.

However i would like to see a decent mc with good flow and good lyrical content/meaning over it mc over techno....not your usuall make sum noize pish........someon like KRSONE could do it well me thinks.

www.diversefrequencies.co.uk www.sekonz.co.uk

Angrymann
10-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Don't have mc's for Techno at any clubs I go to in Scotland. Cause I think if anyone ****ed with the music that was being played they would get told to get tae.

We do get a small gathering of folk that chant " Here we , here we , here we ****ing go" , but they usually get told to shut the fukc up pretty quickly.

Techno's ****ing brilliant on it's own , why have someone shouting over the top , if you can't get into it in the first place and need someone to encourage you to have a good time , then you shouldn't be there in the first place.

gumpy green
10-11-2003, 02:02 PM
angrymann ---- diny worry ill no let any o these folk on here ken that yer the one day'in oh the chanting.........ya wee ned bastard.

www.diversefrequencies.co.uk

Angrymann
10-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Ssshhhhhh. Some of them can read!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==