PDA

View Full Version : Rob Papen Predator.

DannyBlack
26-05-2009, 06:46 PM
is it worth the €150? me birthday is coming up so im looking for synths.

Siege
26-05-2009, 06:56 PM
c'mon calv, you know the score :wink:.....i have the albino and its fairly stable.

spend your 150 on something else?

DannyBlack
26-05-2009, 08:10 PM
i'm so confused...

loopdon
26-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Not wanting to slate that synth by any means but for that money there's loads of other cool stuff you should at least consider.

You could get yourself battery for your drum needs with a whopping 12 GB library for 99 € until the end of may.

http://www.thomann.de/de/native_instruments_battery_30_d.htm?sid=18ab46b8cf 0e2e00625676f0d02710d6

Or buy FL Studio, or reaper (which seems unstoppable atm)...

Or, and that's what i would probably do, invest that cash in room treatment or an affordable microphone from SE or something.

Try not to rush it, mate, i know the feeling for sure :lol:

Siege
27-05-2009, 01:24 AM
c'mon calv, you know the score :wink:.....i have the albino and its fairly stable.

spend your 150 on something else?

haha......yeah, sorry :/

judas_beast
27-05-2009, 07:13 PM
it's a wicked VST. I'll say no more.

BloodStar
28-05-2009, 08:48 AM
go for it.

Predator is EXCELLENT synth...

The_Laughing_Man
28-05-2009, 04:25 PM
PRedator is good, but Albino 3 is better IMHO.
You do get good presets with predator if you aren`t into making your own sounds, there is plenty there, but albino tops it for me both in versatility, sound, and modulaltion options

Jay Pace
28-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I love albino. Presets are nice, but the flexibility and options are amazing. If I could only map the ****ing thing to my midi controller it would be perfect....

Battery with 12gigs is pretty appealling, but I just get lost in a sea of samples. Just about got my head around my favourite electronic kit and realworld samples, but beyond that - I just don't know how you can use 12 gigs. I'd get distracted, endlessly cycling through trying to find the perfect snare, the perfect ride instead of just taking something and bending it to fit.

You're a better man than me for earmarking 150 notes for software.

judas_beast
28-05-2009, 08:59 PM
PRedator is good, but Albino 3 is better IMHO.
You do get good presets with predator if you aren`t into making your own sounds, there is plenty there, but albino tops it for me both in versatility, sound, and modulaltion options

How different to prior Albino versions is it? I used to use Albino 2 a lot, but I err, lost my copy.

The_Laughing_Man
29-05-2009, 09:30 AM
The sound of the analog aspects is much rounder, and the filters are really sexy.
I think there are more oscillators now as well, can`t remember the old one to be honest.

Albino 3 has quickly become a go to synth for me. I know it inside and out and can get a vast variety of sounds out of it, I use it a lot for percussion and it is great for that as I have tried to abandon as much as possible, the use of samples.

loopdon
29-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I love albino. Presets are nice, but the flexibility and options are amazing. If I could only map the ****ing thing to my midi controller it would be perfect....

Battery with 12gigs is pretty appealling, but I just get lost in a sea of samples. Just about got my head around my favourite electronic kit and realworld samples, but beyond that - I just don't know how you can use 12 gigs. I'd get distracted, endlessly cycling through trying to find the perfect snare, the perfect ride instead of just taking something and bending it to fit.

You're a better man than me for earmarking 150 notes for software.

I know what you mean, mate. But there are some Chris Liebing/Rob Acid kits and midi files he might be able to yield something from. Two Stigmata loops in detail etc. Nobody says you gotta use the samples :rolleyes::lol:
But for working with drum samples it is pretty great.

DannyBlack
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
has someone deleted my ****ing post? I had a pic of the controlers i was going for on here. the software being free was tongue in cheek. wtf??

Jay Pace
06-06-2009, 01:09 AM
I think some posts got lost during the site reboot.

Either that, or they're finally on to you

RUN DANNY!

DannyBlack
06-06-2009, 01:50 AM
:wot::wot::wot::wot::wot:

run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==