PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Final

Spacehopper
27-05-2009, 05:45 PM
well any predictions??

im going for 1-1 and united to nick it in extra time....

hope im wrong!! but just hope its a damn good game

DarkYoung
27-05-2009, 05:50 PM
i'm going for 2 nil to barcelona.

SlavikSvensk
27-05-2009, 06:02 PM
0-0 with barca winning on penalties

djfase
27-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Should be close and im not gonna call.

Defo the biggest game in world football right now, and by that i mean the 2 biggest teams

DarkYoung
27-05-2009, 10:11 PM
hate to say but i predicted 2 - 0 to Barca (see above)

Insomnia
27-05-2009, 10:21 PM
hate to say but i predicted 2 - 0 to Barca (see above)

Hope you put a big note on the bookies also!

DarkYoung
27-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Hope you put a big note on the bookies also!

please don't. i really should go with my instinct.

i thought it out properly. man utd are a spent burnt out force after a long season. Ronaldo and Tevez don't give a **** about Man Utd, Giggs and Scholes, (gawd bless them guvnor, are has-beens). Barcelona as you saw with your own eyes tonight were playing to a different drum than Man Utd. Ferguson looked his age tonight.
one goal either side, no reply from man utd, simples.

Spacehopper
27-05-2009, 10:49 PM
good prediction dark!!

yea united were piss poor....totally outplayed and outclassed.......awesome watching united getting battered like that.....every time a decent team goes out and attacks united they crumble....vidic and ferdinand were shocking

how many times do you see man utd come back full force when they go a goal down? it was not the same united team at all tonight.......

judas_beast
28-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Where's Numeric? Probably crying into his signed by ''Sir'' hanky and blaming it all on the ref and the scousers! :D

basslinejunkie
28-05-2009, 12:33 AM
good prediction dark!!

yea united were piss poor....totally outplayed and outclassed.......awesome watching united getting battered like that.....every time a decent team goes out and attacks united they crumble....vidic and ferdinand were shocking

how many times do you see man utd come back full force when they go a goal down? it was not the same united team at all tonight.......

bingo. they get found out big time when they play good sides.

barca are on a diffrent level to any other team at the mo tho.the way they keep the ball and pass is the best we have seen by a mile in our generation. mind you, fergie played right into their hands with his masterful tatics!!

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2009, 02:06 AM
totally different team.

They start of by playing Park on the right with 3 upfront (4-3-3)and they almost score on their first chance, they have a go at attacking barsa for a good 7-8 first minutes which was brave and honorable but they folded on the first counter-attack of barsa's, one chance one goal - champions.

I think they looked different cause of their formation, they didn't count on being 1-0 after the first barca attack, Eto, fine little dink magick trick, lighting beating the defense - check mate.
Barca was playing ole passing ole countering and ole style.

Man utd los debacolos.

Numeric
28-05-2009, 11:05 AM
They start of by playing Park on the right with 3 upfront (4-3-3)and they almost score on their first chance, they have a go at attacking barsa for a good 7-8 first minutes which was brave and honorable but they folded on the first counter-attack of barsa's, one chance one goal - champions.

the first goal killed united, our players couldn't recover, the formation and personnel didn't help and although it's easy with hindsight, i don't think the 4-3-3 works without fletcher or hargreaves in there spoiling, carrick looked like his old sleep-walking self and anderson was out of his depth bless the lad, as soft as the goals were, i don't think it would be fair to single out the united defence for critisism, or the forwards, this battle was lost in midfield and that's where barca shone brightest, iniesta and zavi played well and we couldn't match them

the nature of the defeat is difficult to stomach but i'm glad that united won't have to play the super cup and club championship games next season

Numeric
28-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Where's Numeric? Probably crying into his signed by ''Sir'' hanky and blaming it all on the ref and the scousers! :D

i love how the haters come out of hiding after a united defeat, where have you been all season :lol:

villa fans, ffs

where were you when macheda sunk your team at old trafford?

Numeric
28-05-2009, 11:11 AM

chelsea
inter
arsenal

???

and ferdinand and vidic had no protection whatsoever

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2009, 01:42 PM
the first goal killed united, our players couldn't recover, the formation and personnel didn't help and although it's easy with hindsight, i don't think the 4-3-3 works without fletcher or hargreaves in there spoiling, carrick looked like his old sleep-walking self and anderson was out of his depth bless the lad, as soft as the goals were, i don't think it would be fair to single out the united defence for critisism, or the forwards, this battle was lost in midfield and that's where barca shone brightest, iniesta and zavi played well and we couldn't match them

the nature of the defeat is difficult to stomach but i'm glad that united won't have to play the super cup and club championship games next season

Goog points. That's how I see it aswell. The way both teams played made for a great game. I'm sure United had the power to suffocate the game and play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 with more players in the middle but they wanted to attack Barsa and to play football and they lost. Good for them I say, you can't win them all. It's interesting that Sir Alex thought that defending against Barca would be futile. Xavi and Iniesta - Class. Messi and Eto - magick.

Numeric
28-05-2009, 02:14 PM
chelsea proved that it's possible to spoil against barca, they had chances to put both games of the semi final tie well beyond the catalans, you have to admire barca though, they were up against it at stamford bridge and they turned on the style in the final so they are worthy winners

united missed fletcher and hargreaves last night, they're not as creative or skilled as zavi or inesta but they would have proved a lot more difficult to play against than carrick and giggs were, also, no team wants to start a champions league final with o'shea at right-back, he's done quite well this season but we really need wesley in there

i'm praying for next season that hargreaves can get fit and stay fit as united are a lot more solid when he's on the pitch, and there's a few exciting creative players coming though such as ljajic, who is expected to be something really special, united will be back

BloodStar
28-05-2009, 03:11 PM
bit dissapointed by yesterday match. as said, Etoo killed it in the begining and then manu couldnt recover. shame they at least didnt try it, as to me it seemed like they were bit tired and were not hungry for goals enough..

sir alex didnt choose right strategy, too much defense bad support midfielders to strikers. dont understand how come there was just 3 or 4 players on manu corner kicks.

stil good season for manu after all. congrats to barca, lucky bastards :]

djfase
28-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Game was won in midfield without question.

The barca midfield were simply superb, and like ive said in another forum, the foreigners technique compare to carrick,scholes, and giggs was there for all to see.

Barca totally dominated the midfield

judas_beast
28-05-2009, 07:16 PM
i love how the haters come out of hiding after a united defeat, where have you been all season :lol:

villa fans, ffs

where were you when macheda sunk your team at old trafford?

I've been quietly watching O'Neil steer a mainly young, English team to a higher points total than last year, without spending multimillions on lazy Bulgarians and shouting at anyone who dare question him.

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Yup. Chelsea had chance after chance even with Abidal playing but failed to score on Barca from straightforward chances. That's why I missed Michael Essien in the final, his goal was the best. I'm still of the opinion that if Ivanovic played instead of Bosingwa or Alex that Chelsea would be smiling right now. Great referring last night.

Will
28-05-2009, 07:43 PM
But if the ref had booked players for diving like he's supposed to chelsea wouldn't have stood a chance against barca.

Anyway, good game, the best team won. Messi wasn't at his best, but him and gerrard are the best in the world, 38 goals, 9 in the CL for messi is awesome and i bet he got loads of assists in total, 5 in the CL...

Will
28-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Barca had quite a few players missing as well. At least Arsenal made a better fist of it in the 06 final, and with 10 men, taking the lead and only losing 2-1 in the final minutes after Wenger foolishly took off Fabregas, who was helping us keep the ball away from them.

C.O.Prodigy
28-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Barca had quite a few players missing as well. At least Arsenal made a better fist of it in the 06 final, and with 10 men, taking the lead and only losing 2-1 in the final minutes after Wenger foolishly took off Fabregas, who was helping us keep the ball away from them.

Couldn't agree more.

But if the ref had booked players for diving like he's supposed to chelsea wouldn't have stood a chance against barca.

At Stamford Bridge yes. That's why I'm glad that the best team won cause I don't appreciate diving.

C.O.Prodigy
29-05-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.sportskacentrala.com/fudbal/cl2008-09/leti_leti_leti_gvardiola.jpg

Microdot
29-05-2009, 04:11 PM
bingo. they get found out big time when they play good sides.

Utd were unbeaten in Europe in nearly two years until getting beat by the best team in Europe on Wednesday, so that's complete shite son.

There's no shame in being beaten by a team as good as Barca. Especially when they play as well as they did the other night.
I think Fergie got the tactics wrong tbh, but regardless of that, Utd's heads dropped when the first goal went in and for that there's no excuse.

Still, been a good season for Utd overall, best team in England, and 3 trophies in the cabinet, can't complain at all.

278d7e64a374de26f==