PDA

View Full Version : jay pace - crisscross

Jay Pace
31-05-2009, 01:38 AM
new one from me.

http://blackboxtechno.co.uk/WIP/crisscross.mp3

nothing to do with the miggada miggada miggada mack daddies sadly, just couldn't think of a name.

sort of ganking radiocative mane and mr oizo, some filthy raspy bass.
Not quite sure on the structure, most of its all in midi at the moment.
Pointers much appreciated

Cheers!

j

Barely Human
31-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Like this man, love the bleeps and the bass. I think the bass could do with making a bit fatter though, it sounds a little understated to me. Great work!

ORIS
01-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Sounding good mate, the bleeps and edits are epic.. I do feel that the bass could have a bit more grunt to it though. But other than that, it's some gooood shit!

curly
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm trying to remember what i wrote the other day about this, was something like Ive only been up 20 Min's and you have already got me dancing. I like the bleeps in this one, and that raspy bassline is nice, but i have to agree with the above comments that i feel it could do with a little more weight.

Little_Fella!
10-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Structures just nice Jay... all depends if you wanna set up any surprise manouvres for the dancefloor - which is maybe what your thinking of doing... :;

The bass is wicked - quite unique which is difficult to achieve when you start sawtoothing n such these days! ;) I can see you may have a challenge with the bass not remaining 'bassy' when you apply the filter/or whatever it is ( lol ) ... I'm thinking you have compensated by using a subby kick to keep the bottom end covered while you squiggle the bass around... ( fink I might be right anyways :mrmyagi: )

In the break you could stick some complementary layered sub perhaps...

Cool as f*** laid back track which I would love to shimmy too on a sunny Sunda afternoon barn-dance with the ladies ... oh yes :BigThumbUp:

Jay Pace
12-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Cheers for the feedback peoples, all much obliged.

Haven't really done much with the mix yet, so all the bass comments are spot on. Made this by accident, and ended up listening to the weird bastard creation of two ideas gone wonky wondering how I ended up with what I did.

So I'm really glad people seem to like it. Will do some more work on the mix.

PS.. sorry haven't posted much feedback lately, will get on the case next week.

278d7e64a374de26f==