PDA

View Full Version : old school roland synths

stub
29-01-2003, 04:05 AM
does anyone know where i can get my hand on this sort or hardware? Im always reading about them but have never usede them and would love to get my hands on some.
what sort of money do they go for.

Any simplified advice would be apreciated.

Cheers :D

Nomak
29-01-2003, 02:12 PM
E Bay is a good place to start loking i got a nice condition Alpha Juno1 for £150.

Also try www.musiccontrol.co.uk... provided your in England. The prices vary greatly depending on what you buy ie Alpha juno 1 £150-200 whereas a Jupiter 8 can go for like £1500.

JACKSTAR
31-01-2003, 03:30 AM
You can also try www.sospubs.co.uk (Sound on Sound website) look under the READERS ADS. I have bought and sold loads of kit from there before. If your gonna use "these" vintage keyboards make sure you know a little bit about them before you go and see them. Old keyboards would probably of taken some beating in it's time so make sure all the keys work and hold a note to see if it goes out of tune (loads do). Personally I would'nt bother too much about getting a old synth as you never get a good spec compared to todays synths and programming the old ones are a nightmare so unless your well up for going OLD SCHOOL I would pay the same money and get something newer.

Jupiter 8 is great but to find one working in good condition will cost you over a grand which I think unless your a collector forget it.
Juno 106 great sound but these were gigged by everyone like the Korg M1 so getting a decent one will be hard.

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

stub
01-02-2003, 03:06 AM
hey guys, cheers 4 the replys.

i guess ill just hav 2 keep my ears & eyes peeled 4 some worth wile gear.

does anyone have any recomendations 4 modern synths with the similar analogue sound that u get from these synths.

i found a site earlier called "www.synthmuseum.com" with loads of info on old synths.

cheers again guys!!

:)

Nomak
01-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Access virus is all round good VA synth and Novation Supernova too.

JACKSTAR
02-02-2003, 03:19 PM
The list could be endless but the best thing is to go into a shop like Turnkey and play about for a few hours to see what rocks ya boat. Do you need a keyboard ? or just a module ? For proper analogue sounds in a module it's hard to beat the Studio Electronics ATC-1 but the only problem is that it's a monosynth. The Waldorf range (XT / Q )has a verygritty sound but comes with loads of features so you can get more out of it for your money. Access Virus I would like to get myself, it's packed with features and really well built (not like the Waldorf range). I also have a Korg MS2000R which has some wicked sounds and is very cheap to buy now. Loads of people rave about the Nord Leads but i've always thought they were over priced for a machine that seemed average. Emu range have always sounded too digital and a little cheesy (I only use my Audity2000 now for the drum percussion).

List is endless..........

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

278d7e64a374de26f==