PDA

View Full Version : Record Label...?

Louk
22-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Hypothetically speaking here, how much would it cost if I got a P+D deal with a company to put out 2/3 tunes and the releases didnt sell?

How much has it cost for DJs/producers here to set up a label.

Louk

herman
22-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Obviously it depends on the amount of records you press but you should allow something like £200-£500 on mastering depending where you get it done and around £1 per copy for pressing+sleeves and stuff (this is a VERY rough guide by the way)dont forget artwork costs,promo mailout and of course artist/remix fee's if there is any involved

also worth remembering if it does all go tits up and you dont sell anything you are liable for all costs.

go|plastic
22-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Check out:
http://www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/whitelabel/1.asp

It's an article about starting your own label... obviously! ;)

Larney
22-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Why not take a loan and manufacture yourself instead of a P&D deal?That's why the likes of Integrale and Prime went under!

MARKEG
22-01-2004, 11:47 PM
also worth remembering if it does all go tits up and you dont sell anything you are liable for all costs.

now this is what i can advice. remember this sentence if you go for a p+d deal guys. i have literally hundreds of friends who've ended up owing a company loads and it's all because of this. BE CAREFUL. do your research on the company and make sure they want you for you MUSIC not your BUSINESS.

Louk
23-01-2004, 10:20 AM
cool thanks all i was just wondering in the future - i dont think its an optionn i will take as i'd hate to owe company money because of a dodgy tune

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==