PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted for this tune please.

mike1000000
09-06-2009, 05:21 PM
this tune is a work in progress. if anybody's got any tips or feedback(good or bad) for me it would be gratefully received. cheers. mike.

http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?track=mike-heard-untitled-masterout

DannyBlack
09-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Alright mike! Welcome to the forum mate. I will give this a listen when I get home :-)

mike1000000
10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
cheers for the welcome danny

DannyBlack
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
No worries fella! I had a blast of this tune last night. Proper hypnotic, nice structure and a good flow. I can't comment on production on account of my crappy speakers. But all in top stuff.

mike1000000
10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
cheers for the feedback danny

after listening to it round a mates house last night iv realised there was FAR too much resonance on the lead synth. i think my speakers have just got far too much bass coming out of them and i'v been turning up the higher frequencies to compensate. iv been messing around with it today and i think iv got it to sound a bit better but on the speakers im using it's difficult to tell. here's the updated version if anybody's interested. as always i welcome any feedback. cheers. mike.

http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?track=mike-heard-untitled-masterout-2

vinvanman
10-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Alright Mike,

sounds nice, looking forward to the updated version

Little_Fella!
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Hello there Mike... :)

Have had a listen to this ... like that squiggly synth sound - nicely controlled with the structure of the track - it could've gotten messy! ;) am on headphones but the resonance seems ok now...

The problem is definitely your bass response on your monitoring being too bassy - at the moment every thing is mid-low in both the kick and your bass line .. there are no sub frequencies in the mix because you are thinking it is ok - so it sounds flat even in bass heavy DJ headphones that I'm listening on...

also as a pointer I wouldn't stereo widen any bass elements in your tunes as this causes problems at louder volumes - especially on a rig so try and stay away from basslines with stereo imaging etc... bass as a rule needs to be in mono

are you using proper reference monitors - if so are they on something that will make the bass-boom ( like drawers in a desk ) ... not wanting to sound daft as I have to ask .. I started with the right speakers but the wrong set up and came across this very problem myself ..

you must sort the problem before you move onto other production areas or you will have alot of difficulty getting the mix right, even if you compensate for the extra bass ... which will hold you back

This has a good old skool feel to it - a kinda German/Acid tech crossover tune... i hope that helps :cool:

mike1000000
11-06-2009, 01:11 PM
cheers for the feedback everyone.
Little_Fella - i'l see what I can do with the stereo imaging of the bass tonight.
you've got it spot on as far as far the monitoring goes. im using hifi speakers which aren't on a stable platform as im only in temporary accomodation at the moment. im moving soon and will be buying some studio monitors and some other hardware. I might mount a solid piece of kitchen worktop to the wall to act as a desk and to use as a solid bass for my new monitors. hopefully i'l see a marked improvement in my music. cheers for the tips - very helpful.

mike1000000
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I'v had another fiddle with it, taken the stereo imaging off the bass (I think), added some sub bass and generaly messed around with it. I think it sounds better. any more feedback welcome. ta

http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?track=schweinhunde

278d7e64a374de26f==