PDA

View Full Version : BE002 DJ Bone- Encounter 2

BastardoElectrico
11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Dj Bone- Encounter 2, the follow up to Sunil Sharpe's- Blabbermouth Ep and the second release on Irish label Bastardo Electrico, is available to buy at Juno and all other reputable record stores as of today. As with the first one this is only available on vinyl!

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/Encounter-002/357745-01/

also available from Subject Detroits store

www.subjectdetroit.com

Dj Bone- Encounter Number 2
Bastardo Electrico Recordings
BE002
12" Vinyl

A1. Strain 3
B1. Strain 4
B2. Strain 5

For this the second release on Irish Dj Jamie Behan’s label “Bastardo Electrico” the unstoppable soul controller Dj Bone provides three mutant strains of unearthly Detroit techno. From the funky jacking bassline driven 'Strain 3' to the the off-kilter electronics of 'Strain 4' and the deeply emotive 'Strain 5'

Orlando Voorn (Nightvision- Seattle)
Great ep!!!!!!!!!!

Chymera (Ovum, Delsin- Barcelona)
"Excellent.. Really feeling this EP.. Strain 3 and 4 are the ones for me. Will spin"

Dimi Angelis (Figure, Outland- Amsterdam)
"Really like the first track"

Kr!z (Token- Belgium)
"like it! quite banging, didn't expect this from bone. my fav is strain4. good stuff!"

Marcel Heese (Tresor- Germany)
"thanks again for the tracks! really like the UR electro funk meets counterbalance feel on strain 3. will play this many times for sure. strain 5 with its dreamy atmosphere is also a winner. keep on releasing good music like this!"

Rebekkah (Custard Factory, Egg, Public Life -UK)
"Wow thanks. Proper techno!)

Oscar (Karate Klub, Lordag, Confused- Germany)
"Old School Baby. Really Nice Tracks. Love them"

Blood and Tears (Karate Klub, Lordag- Germany)
"Reminds me of the Good Old Days"

Playlisted by Paul Corey (Resident Advisor) on his Machines are Funky Radio Show on 30/5/2009
http://machinesarefunky.blogspot.com/

Playlisted by Lee Holman (Ferox, Nightvision- Ireland) on his No Territory Mix on 09/04/2009 on XFM Dublin.

www.myspace.com/bastardoelectricorecordings
www.subjectdetroit.com
www.bookrealdjs.com

BastardoElectrico
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Resident Advisor Review

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=6246

Dj Bone- Encounter 2 (Bastardo Electrico) 4.5/5

It might be true that techno's best moments are behind it, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy those moments again and again—each new one a slight mutation of its predecessor. Encounter 2—a rare foray by DJ Bone outside his Subject Detroit homestead—is full of such moments. The track titles here tell you a lot of what you need to know regarding approach and technique. The three "strains" on offer are varieties of the same mutant form: "3" pounds away with a powerful kick and a jacking bass. "4" sounds like a cosmic barrel organ played by androids on a parallel world that's all too easy to imagine, while "5" combines the bass of "3" and the discordant electronics of "4" to produce a track that has two lovely layers, the space between which is cleverly manipulated

Call me a romantic, but an important aspect of techno is that it must sound otherworldly—hypothetical in the best sense. Bone's music takes you to a dark place where there is a lonely strobe buckling under the weight of machine funk and electronic soul. The three pieces on Encounter 2 are a great sample of what the man is capable of and a feather in the cap of Bastardo Electrico.

MITA
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
is nice
i might pick it up

last bone i bought was subd31

tnx for this

278d7e64a374de26f==