PDA

View Full Version : Any Quick Comments?

acidsaturation
14-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm sure this is not really most peoples thing - it's a present/piss take for the person who left the incredibly ****ed answerphone message it samples...

But if any one has a moment for a quick comment on the sound - thinking it still sounds a bit muddy, but can't quite pinpoint where/how - and really not up to scratch on the acoustics of my new room yet.

Ta!

http://soundcloud.com/suburban-acid-saturation/here-we-go-again-2

acidsaturation
14-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds far less muddy on the original rather than soundclouds 128kps jobby though...

DannyBlack
14-06-2009, 03:40 PM
in work at the mo but I can check it out later if you leave her up?

judas_beast
14-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Typing as I listen:

Doesn't sound overly muddy to me. The kick is a bit muffeld and some of the crashes a bit loud, imo, when the acid line first comes in it does seem muffled yeah you are right, don't know if thats the synth sound or what, but as it progresses it comes through a bit more. Nice answer phone message. I swear I recognise the voice!

DannyBlack
15-06-2009, 04:26 PM
ooooh you filthy sod. yeah nice work mate.

vinvanman
15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Very good, like the tune. great sample, had to listen to the sample bit 3 times to understand it but it got my attention

acidsaturation
16-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you all. First thing I've really done for a while due to dissertations and studio moving and so on, so thought I would do something a bit silly and romping, and found that sample knocking about on some old CDs of loops and noises. Bit of nostalgia for the fast and dirty punky acid of my youth.

We'll go back in a few days and try and clean it up a bit.

Little_Fella!
17-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Maaaan... screamin' acid BIG time - wish this had been around when I went to squat parties all the time - certainly one pf those peak time moments... :;

Thing with this is you have the challenge of separating the bass from the bass frequencies from ya 303 and yet maintaining the richness of the 303 bottom end - meaning that, I was going to say that you need more oomph on the bottom both kick and bass and extra sub frequencies to boot, kick definitely needs more punch as a DJ would find it hard to mix as it stands.. but then problems arise with your 303

This is where the percieved muddiness is coming from as the two 'blend' at various points as your 303 oscillates into the lower frequncies when your cut off is low.... you probably know this so sorry for going over this if tis so :ohdear:

Soooo... the solution in order to maximise both is to trim the bottom end of your acid line just to the point where it would weaken it (perhaps around 120-140hz) if you trimmed higher and then ensure your bass is filtered to not go above this frequency using low pass .. hmmm .. thing is you don't wanna go chopping frequncies out of the mix on your master here as it will effect both bass and acid line leaving each of them weaker ...try that n see

Blinder of a track mind... :cool:

curly
17-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice work, ACeeeed!!!, Sounds like The good old stuff from the late 90's, loving it. The only point I would make is the kick is a little week, and gets lost when the tune progresses.

acidsaturation
20-06-2009, 01:53 PM
It is exactly that I know... Part of the (related) problem is getting the 303 to come in right - at low cut off it is very muddy, but if I raise it a bit the impact is a bit too sudden. Have recorded a slightly cleaner version on the 303 line and will zero everything and do a new mix today. May bounce the parts out of acid into Reaper too now it's gone past being a mess about with old loops I made ages ago.

I think part of it is also there are 3 distinct basses - a low subby one, a simple off beat which I'm gonna maybe replace the sound for) and the bouncier 'goa-ish' one which is how the tune came about really, that was an old old set of loops I made on Audio Architect before the days of VSTs. Need to blend them a bit better and like you say roll off any higher freqs.

The kick is being a bastard, I'm conciously trying to avoid falling back on the same 2 or 3 sounds I use loads, but having said that they do work!

Glad people liking the Acid though... There will be many more now I got the studio all set up to record from my live sets - like these http://soundcloud.com/suburban-acid-saturation/ls6-attitude

curly
20-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Glad people liking the Acid though... There will be many more now I got the studio all set up to record from my live sets - like these http://soundcloud.com/suburban-acid-saturation/ls6-attitude

Keep em comming, be good to see more people posting there work in here again.

acidsaturation
21-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Will do, though spoke to soon about getting anything done today... Music PC is in dire need of repair and now my laptop which has been pushed into temporary music service has acquired some shite of a virus which popped up from nowhere I can think of, promptly disabled McAffee and bluescreened whenever I tried to run it, wont let me reinstall it and 9 hours of solid work later is STILL blocking every ****ing thing I can throw at it!

What a **** ****ity ****shite of a day!

DarkYoung
21-06-2009, 12:25 AM
from my pov - best track i've listened to on boa period.
dark with out it being too much. class.

DarkYoung
21-06-2009, 12:39 AM
esp liked the intro. amazing.

been spoilt tonight listening to this. also been listening to a loop off something quite minimal that scott gray gave me, happy days.

DarkYoung
21-06-2009, 12:51 AM
tha beat that comes in on 26 seconds i would just keep that rolling tbh. strip it down to make best use of that beat imo. but then again i dont know what the **** i'm talking about. lol.

acidsaturation
24-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Updated... Think I got that kick a bit more banging :yup:

278d7e64a374de26f==