PDA

View Full Version : Mac users help please

YOGY
18-06-2009, 12:35 AM
just got myself a new IMAC

im really in love with it , just having a few issues in getting use 2 it , as some things work a bit different from the pc

like 2 download mixes , normaly on the pc i used 2 right click and saved as... but how do i do the same function on the mac as i cant right click
thanks in advance

Nimitz
18-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Well, you can right click if you have a two button mouse.
Options are:
OPTION - Click to direct save
or
Ctrl Click, to see options.

best

curly
18-06-2009, 07:32 AM
any usb mouse will do. aint got to be a iMouse.

YOGY
18-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Well, you can right click if you have a two button mouse.
Options are:
OPTION - Click to direct save
or
Ctrl Click, to see options.

best

its just 1 button mouse and when i normaly click on the link just normaly plays the mix or the file instead of saving it

Nimitz
18-06-2009, 08:06 AM
its just 1 button mouse and when i normaly click on the link just normaly plays the mix or the file instead of saving it

ok, so you can hold option while click to save it or hold ctrl while you click it to open the option menu.

MARK ANXIOUS
18-06-2009, 03:27 PM
yes just press the option button when you click it easy.

you know when i first got my mac i used to feel like i had two left hands. now i can't work any other way. you'll find things a little daunting at first mate but just stick with it. you wont regret it :)

DannyBlack
19-06-2009, 04:21 PM
:lol: I had a go of my house mates MAC a while back, I had to google how to right click. As much as I can't stand apple, I have to hand it to them, the Imac is a nice thing to use.

clarkmana
20-06-2009, 03:40 PM

The bundled 'mighty mouse' with the iMac *looks* like a one-button mouse, but it will actually right click.. it's a bit shady though, so you may find you have to lift your left finger a little to get it to work reliably.

Also, make sure you have the right button switched on under System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse :;

curly
20-06-2009, 11:57 PM
The bundled 'mighty mouse' with the iMac *looks* like a one-button mouse, but it will actually right click.. it's a bit shady though, so you may find you have to lift your left finger a little to get it to work reliably.

Also, make sure you have the right button switched on under System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse :;

I thought that was the case, but was not sure, and couldn't find where I had read that from.

welcome Clarkmana to the boards, good to see your first post was a very helpful one. Hope you enjoy your stay.

tonyc2002
18-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Apple do make nice computers but I have major issue with their pricing.....off-the-shelf parts in a nice case with a custom OS TBH....

278d7e64a374de26f==