PDA

View Full Version : Vin vanman - Floss that jaw

vinvanman
21-06-2009, 01:44 PM
This is a track ive started to work on, 1st draft for now, it has a reese bassline with acid tones. have a listen let me know what you think

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15415/DT_ACF1CD555261144.mp3

curly
21-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Ive DL'ed and listened to, but my head is up me arse atm, and I know better than to try and listen to any thing properly now, as it just wont happen.

Ill comment tomorrow

DannyBlack
22-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I had a gander at this last night Vin. I can't comment on the production at the momet as I have killed my amp- so now Im using crappy Laptop external speakers- awful!

Anyway, back on point- Great Ideas in this tune, I love that wonky-esq bassline. Some variation on that theme through out would pull you along with the track. Id put some really crisp hissy hats in there too, ear peircing stuff.

Nice ideas mate, get it finished! (im one to talk haha)

vinvanman
22-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Yo Danny, thanks for listen, i'll try put some crispy hats over the track that sounds like a good idea give it more movement.

Yo Curly, hope all is ok. looking forward to your feedback.

thanks

curly
23-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the slack reply, what can i say.

Anyway back to the point at hand.

Nice ideas here, with a solid bassline, acid, and the bit the impressed me the most were the sounds that you have going in the background. some good stuff there.

Ok. my pointers on production for what they are worth.

That is a good phat sounding bass you have going on there, I feel that is playing the lead roll in this track as it is what grabs your attention the most. I think that it may need a few variations on the theme as it becomes very repetitive with just the one edit for 2 bars @4:38.

like Danny already said this needs some different hats as you have a strong bottom end and the hats you have atm dont balance it out.

The Acid riff fits in well, and you keep it clear of the bass, but maybe you could bring in some of the bottom end in the places where you take the bass out.

all in all nice work, looking forward to hearing further versions of this.

vinvanman
24-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the feed back curly and danny. i've updated the track using some ideas i got from your advise. i've added a synth and crispy'd up the hats a little, i've also added some variation on the bassline and tried bring out some background noises, ok so this the updated link

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15415/DT_ACF1DDC96542227.mp3

curly
25-06-2009, 11:33 AM
sounding much fuller now, really like the way you have bought out the background noises, and the hats balance it out nicley now :)

acidsaturation
28-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Nice track. Sounds a bit muffled to me, I'd say brink that synth up a bit?

vinvanman
29-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi acidsaturation, yep i agree with yea, i tried bring the synth up and shonuff it sounds better. thanks,

278d7e64a374de26f==