PDA

View Full Version : Oris - Farmacy [funkyish techno]

ORIS
28-06-2009, 08:12 PM
A track that I made a few years ago, gave it a master and a clean up over the weekend and thought I'd see what you guys think.

It's as far away from my "usual" stuff as it gets.

Enjoy, and I look forward to ya comments!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JVG1IX42

DVNT
28-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Sweet.

Love your Leatherface track.

Forgot to mention I played it on radio:
http://makemassair.co.uk/MANTIS/index.php/mantis-038-with-wigflex/

DVNT
28-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Like this track thou. It's got a funky groove without going OTT and being really ghey. :)

ORIS
24-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Sweet.

Love your Leatherface track.

Forgot to mention I played it on radio:
http://makemassair.co.uk/MANTIS/index.php/mantis-038-with-wigflex/

Nice one!!! Can't get enough of it!

;-)

DVNT
25-07-2009, 01:37 AM
:) Yea that Wigflex showcase was awesome.

Little_Fella!
25-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Hey up...

This has quite an affront to it... I like the approach with your percussion - quite demanding to start off // nice tech house stab there (in ma right ear ;) too far ovva tho for me .. ;) heh

You have moved on also.. you monitoring differently now? Structure is good with nice changes ... again am in headphones as cant monitor proppper yet but the production is well improved...

By gum... like the little acid flick in the background - bass is chunky and your kick is well defined, although could do with a bit more sub on it ...

Tops are just on the edge of being harsh on the top end but you have it controlled I reckon... have a look at it tho as when the hat slashes around it might be too much on a rig... 16K is the deadly frequency

awwwww.. this stops on the Quicktime player at 3/4qtr's way thro the track for some reason

Not sure why your stuff is playing in auto Quicktime, as with Curly, it might be my end I reckon... these players tend to insinuate themselves where they are not wanted and you can't identify timings with comments, which is rubbish

One last thing.. (s it's twat o'clock int morning after a session on the pezzle I better go to bed ;) have a look at your synth riff and fill it out a bit .. chorus/delay/reverb stc. BUT only like 10% or so on the wet/dry and see how it sits in the mix.. the more musicallity the better

Good track... :cool:

ORIS
25-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey up...

This has quite an affront to it... I like the approach with your percussion - quite demanding to start off // nice tech house stab there (in ma right ear ;) too far ovva tho for me .. ;) heh

You have moved on also.. you monitoring differently now? Structure is good with nice changes ... again am in headphones as cant monitor proppper yet but the production is well improved...

By gum... like the little acid flick in the background - bass is chunky and your kick is well defined, although could do with a bit more sub on it ...

Tops are just on the edge of being harsh on the top end but you have it controlled I reckon... have a look at it tho as when the hat slashes around it might be too much on a rig... 16K is the deadly frequency

awwwww.. this stops on the Quicktime player at 3/4qtr's way thro the track for some reason

Not sure why your stuff is playing in auto Quicktime, as with Curly, it might be my end I reckon... these players tend to insinuate themselves where they are not wanted and you can't identify timings with comments, which is rubbish

One last thing.. (s it's twat o'clock int morning after a session on the pezzle I better go to bed ;) have a look at your synth riff and fill it out a bit .. chorus/delay/reverb stc. BUT only like 10% or so on the wet/dry and see how it sits in the mix.. the more musicallity the better

Good track... :cool:

Nice one man! Always appreciate your in-depth feedback.

I'm still running the exact same monitoring setup, haven't changed a thing. I think it's just the way I make certain tracks, they always seems to end up having a totally different sound from the previous one. Mainly due to the fact that I never have a "plan".

I will try adding some low end sub, see how it gets on! ;)

Also, I've fiddled about with the high end. You were definitely right about the 16k area, far too harsh! So nice one for that.

Never used Quicktime in my life so I'm not sure why it would be cutting out early, you ever thought about trying a different media player? Winamp or something similar?

curly
25-07-2009, 07:40 PM
A bit of a change form the style that I am used to hearing from you. I like the percusiion from the start, especially the top end. everything sounds nice and clean and in it's own space.

Im listening to the stereo seperation and some parts do seem to paned quite hard, but you seem to have balaned this out well. and sounds really nice here but im not sure how this would translate to a rig, as alot are run in mono, and some i know are just run off of one channel.

DannyBlack
03-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Yo Oris, you're really heading on into the funky stuff aren't you mate! Good to see. I will have a blast of this tonight my friend.

judas_beast
03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
bass end. quiet. too. pies.

ORIS
07-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Cheers for checking it lads!

Expect more funk from me very soon.

@Judas: Have you got any pies? If not, shut your "PIE HOLE"

278d7e64a374de26f==