PDA

View Full Version : Creating techno basses

TomUrwin
29-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi folks,

have been producing more hard house type stuff for the last 4 years or so, have had several releases of these etc so I feel I am of a pretty good standard.

I'm trying to write some techno however, but always seem to struggle on getting a proper techno sounding bass and it usually ends up sounding hard housey. Any tips on creating a bass say like Hydraulix 37A or AP Outta Control? (Although I think the latter is more just the kick with reverb).

Cheers

Jake Conlon
29-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Filter down pitched toms with a bitch of resonance. Does the trick for a low rumble. :)

TomUrwin
29-06-2009, 10:31 PM
ah sounds like a good idea, cheers

The_Laughing_Man
30-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Techno has no defined sound, and if it does, then it isn`t techno already.

Best advice is try something you would never ever do normally, then EQ the ****er.

Alternatively search for my bass tutorials in this forum.

djfilthmonger
30-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi folks,

have been producing more hard house type stuff for the last 4 years or so, have had several releases of these etc so I feel I am of a pretty good standard.

I'm trying to write some techno however, but always seem to struggle on getting a proper techno sounding bass and it usually ends up sounding hard housey. Any tips on creating a bass say like Hydraulix 37A or AP Outta Control? (Although I think the latter is more just the kick with reverb).

Cheers

Ap Outta control some choon, Have a look for laughing mans Tutorial's they will help u with that

djfilthmonger
30-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Found
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64576

TomUrwin
30-06-2009, 08:02 PM
wicked, thanks mate :)

278d7e64a374de26f==