PDA

View Full Version : state of the scum.

basslinejunkie
20-07-2009, 01:07 PM
this has been the best time i can remember regarding transfers. the scum have sold to of their best players and replaced them with an over rated winger ( valenica) and an old has been in owen. we ( liverpool) have signed the best right back in england and a position we needed to fill.

all in all a great summer so far!!!

basslinejunkie
20-07-2009, 01:08 PM
on a side note tho,city are starting to asemble a very strong squad, particularly if they sort their defense out, which is worrying.

DarkYoung
20-07-2009, 05:28 PM
it's a shame Terry didn't go to the city.

i hope Owen does well i really do, i'd love to see him break the england scoring record.

Spacehopper
20-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Owen probably will do well at United if he stays injury free.....hes bagged a couple of goals already...i know they are only friendlies but still...
cant comment on their other signings apart from Valencia coz ive never heard of em....but Id be very suprised if United win the league this time

Something tells me City still wont be a threat next season....How many strikers do they have now? Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Bellamy......we all know that these players are all moaning bitches when they get left out the side and every week at least 2 of them are gonna be on the bench and I cant see how Hughes is gonna keep them all happy and performing to the best of their abilities....

On to Liverpool.......great signing in Glen Johnson, think he is a class attacking full back, something that weve needed years...heard he has an achilles problem at the moment so hope thats sorted for the start of the season...

Just hoping on Xabi Alonso staying, and bringing in David Silva....I would be feeling quietly confident if that was to happen...

If he was to go, Sneijder in return and cash for would soften the blow

DarkYoung
20-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Owen probably will do well at United if he stays injury free.....hes bagged a couple of goals already...i know they are only friendlies but still...
cant comment on their other signings apart from Valencia coz ive never heard of em....but Id be very suprised if United win the league this time

Something tells me City still wont be a threat next season....How many strikers do they have now? Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Bellamy......we all know that these players are all moaning bitches when they get left out the side and every week at least 2 of them are gonna be on the bench and I cant see how Hughes is gonna keep them all happy and performing to the best of their abilities....

On to Liverpool.......great signing in Glen Johnson, think he is a class attacking full back, something that weve needed years...heard he has an achilles problem at the moment so hope thats sorted for the start of the season...

Just hoping on Xabi Alonso staying, and bringing in David Silva....I would be feeling quietly confident if that was to happen...

If he was to go, Sneijder in return and cash for would soften the blow
i think it will be chelseas year again, their squad is just so strong and in depth. as i said before im predicting a 4th/5th place for man utd.

chelsea
liverpool
arsenal
man utd
man city

think aston villa will struggle this year,

djfase
20-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Owen will score a shedload for utd. Hes a goalgetter no question.

Cant see arsenal being top 4 though

DarkYoung
21-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Owen will score a shedload for utd. Hes a goalgetter no question.

Cant see arsenal being top 4 though

there's no reason why man utd can't win the league again. i mean Owen hasn't had decent service for years.
paired with Rooney.
don't you think Rooney needs to sort himself out?
seems a bit lame these days tbh, maybe with Ronaldo not around he'll being a striker again.
as for Arsenal, they must be quite a strong team now.

basslinejunkie
21-07-2009, 09:04 AM
owen wont get the chances against the top teams tho. he no longer has the pace to create chances for himself.

Will
21-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I can see Ancelotti getting sacked before the end of the season, and I think if Liverpool and Arsenal make the right signings they can finish in the top 2. Really, i don't think Liverpool need to improve to finish above Man U since they've gone backwards, Ronaldo was a bit of a flat track bully and Tevez scored important goals, so between them they had it all covered.

Owen will probably miss over half the season every season and struggle for fitness when he's not injured.

DarkYoung
21-07-2009, 04:59 PM
i can see man utd really struggling and pressure on fergie to quit.

he should have retired on top.

his tactics for the champions league final were lame.

Numeric
22-07-2009, 11:03 AM
this has been the best time i can remember regarding transfers. the scum have sold to of their best players and replaced them with an over rated winger ( valenica) and an old has been in owen. we ( liverpool) have signed the best right back in england and a position we needed to fill.

all in all a great summer so far!!!

:lol: getting excited are we? valencia is a quality player, i expect him to do well for united, he will provide a balance that has been missing for years, and as for owen, he's already scored twice in pre-season, fair do's against lower opposition but still, it's a good start for him, you say he has no pace, that remains to be seen, and in any case, both the goals he's scored on the eastern tour were poachers goals, that's exactly what united need

please forgive me if i don't start to tremble with fear at the signing of johnson, best right-back in england? :lol: you really beleive he's going to make much of difference?

Numeric
22-07-2009, 11:05 AM
i can see man utd really struggling and pressure on fergie to quit.

he should have retired on top.

his tactics for the champions league final were lame.

i think you'll find his players let him down in a big way

basslinejunkie
22-07-2009, 01:00 PM
who is a better right back in england than johnson???

valencia quality?!? what has he done to prove that>?? a couple of good games for wigan? he is far from quality.

owens lack of pace remains to be seen??? have you not seen him since has come back from injury?!?

your clutching at straws mate. admit it.your team has been severley weakend.

Numeric
22-07-2009, 01:50 PM
who is a better right back in england than johnson???

valencia quality?!? what has he done to prove that>?? a couple of good games for wigan? he is far from quality.

owens lack of pace remains to be seen??? have you not seen him since has come back from injury?!?

your clutching at straws mate. admit it.your team has been severley weakend.

wes brown is better than johnson, and in any case, no right-back is going to win you the league

valencia scored a few goals and got a few assists last season for wigan, if he doubles last seasons tally for united then i'll be happy

owen managed ten for newcastle last season, he can easily double that playing in a team of united's quality, he's looked fine in pre-season thus far, i love how all the kopites are hating the fact that he's moved to united :lol:

no straws, but even if united are weaker, we still have enough to stop liverpool winning the title

basslinejunkie
22-07-2009, 04:58 PM
hahahahahha, baked bean better than johnson!!!!!!!! a typical manc comeback!!!!!

dear me. even microdot wouldnt agree with that im sure.

valencia scored 3 last year if im correct. youd be happy if he doubled that?hmmmm.....

im far from hating that owen has joined, im loving it to be honest, much rather he joined than the likes of benzema eto etc!!!!!!

Spacehopper
22-07-2009, 07:40 PM
i reckon united will still sign a big name, probably ribery......unless fergie is truly losing it and thinks the players he has brought in are going to score as many goals as previous seasons..
he said united wont be signing any more players before the start of the season...which leads me to think they will be buying an top class player

:laughing: wes brown better than glen johnson???? oh dear!!

Numeric
23-07-2009, 08:25 AM
i think any reasonable football fan (not a.b.u.) would agree that wes is better, he's played at the highest level and performed to a very high standard, he's won pretty much every club honour there is, and is one of the most cosistent defenders in europe, united sorely missed him last season, what has johnson done? **** all

kopites are trying to paint over the fact that they haven't really made any good signings, one right-back is not gonna make much difference in the larger scheme of things, you need to buy a striker who isn't gonna miss half of the season with injury, plus there's a good chance you won't have a midfield if alonso and mascherano leave

as for valencia, if he scores six and gets eight assists then yeah, i'll be happy, everyone is chattin shit wondering where united's goals are gonna come from, it was the exact same thing when ruud left, then what happened? amazing football with goals coming from every player

basslinejunkie
23-07-2009, 10:05 AM
i think any reasonable football fan (not a.b.u.) would agree that wes is better, he's played at the highest level and performed to a very high standard, he's won pretty much every club honour there is, and is one of the most cosistent defenders in europe, united sorely missed him last season, what has johnson done? **** all

kopites are trying to paint over the fact that they haven't really made any good signings, one right-back is not gonna make much difference in the larger scheme of things, you need to buy a striker who isn't gonna miss half of the season with injury, plus there's a good chance you won't have a midfield if alonso and mascherano leave

as for valencia, if he scores six and gets eight assists then yeah, i'll be happy, everyone is chattin shit wondering where united's goals are gonna come from, it was the exact same thing when ruud left, then what happened? amazing football with goals coming from every player

and anybody other than a manc would say johnson pisses all over baked bean.

The guy has has one season were he has been a regular in the starting lineup,other than that hes been a bench warmer.

bit early in the week the be on the sauce isnt it mate?!?

Numeric
23-07-2009, 11:11 AM
1998–99 - 21 apps
2000–01 - 41 apps
2001–02 - 24 apps
2002–03 - 35 apps
2003–04 - 25 apps
2004–05 - 37 apps
2005–06 - 31 apps
2006–07 - 37 apps
2007–08 - 52 apps

not a regular?

Numeric
23-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Premier League: 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08
FA Cup: 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup: 2005–06
FA Community Shield: 2003, 2007, 2008
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08

there's his record, quite impressive, do you think johnson will have amassed such a haul by the time he reaches welsey's age?

not if he stays at liverpool for any length of time

Will
23-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Don't forget he's replacing Ronaldo though who did a lot better than that and Liverpool were only 4 points behind you.

DarkYoung
23-07-2009, 05:51 PM
not if he stays at liverpool for any length of time

true

Spacehopper
23-07-2009, 06:07 PM

so basically you are saying the right back position is not important enough to make a difference to the team....

yet you go on about wes brown's accomplishments like he played a major part in all those trophy wins.....

We are simply talking who is the better right back, johnson or brown? just because brown has achieved more doesnt mean he is a better player. He just had a better team playing with him.

Numeric
24-07-2009, 08:34 AM
i'm not saying the right-back position isn't important, i'm simply saying that liverpool signing a new right-back isn't gonna win them the league

and that's what you kopites are hoping for isn't it?

and, wasn't johnson at chelsea for a time? if he's so good why did they sell him?

DarkYoung
24-07-2009, 08:49 AM
and, wasn't johnson at chelsea for a time? if he's so good why did they sell him?
touching the other players up in the showers

Spacehopper
24-07-2009, 02:08 PM
i'm not saying the right-back position isn't important, i'm simply saying that liverpool signing a new right-back isn't gonna win them the league

and that's what you kopites are hoping for isn't it?

Mourinho had it in for him right from the start for some reason and didnt give him chance.....that doesnt matter now anyway because he has proved how good he is at Portsmouth....thatss why he is first in choice for England ahead of Brown....and if he stood out like he did for a poorer team like Portsmouth, im sure playing with Liverpool will only make him better..

And I doubt that he will be the only signing for Liverpool. Just want this Alonso thing sorted out sooner rather than later.

Will
24-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Chelsea wanted him back I believe, he seems to have matured some what at Pompey.

djfase
24-07-2009, 05:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Agreed

basslinejunkie
26-07-2009, 01:56 PM
1998–99 - 21 apps
2000–01 - 41 apps
2001–02 - 24 apps
2002–03 - 35 apps
2003–04 - 25 apps
2004–05 - 37 apps
2005–06 - 31 apps
2006–07 - 37 apps
2007–08 - 52 apps

not a regular?

id bank on half of them being in worthless games or as sub and comming on.

dont forget he almost left the pre season before neville got injured and he was in the team as he wanted to play more games. need i say more?

Numeric
27-07-2009, 10:49 AM
id bank on half of them being in worthless games or as sub and comming on.

dont forget he almost left the pre season before neville got injured and he was in the team as he wanted to play more games. need i say more?

as someone who watches pretty much every united game i believe i'm in a better position to comment on how one of our own defenders has performed, or indeed, when he has performed

wesley has been an integral part of the united team since the early naughties

Will
27-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Naughties? Don't you mean noughties?

Numeric
28-07-2009, 08:23 AM
have you become a grammar critic now that your team is destined to drop out of the top four?

:;

Will
30-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Nah, that'll be your team!

basslinejunkie
31-07-2009, 09:50 AM
as someone who watches pretty much every united game i believe i'm in a better position to comment on how one of our own defenders has performed, or indeed, when he has performed

wesley has been an integral part of the united team since the early naughties

i probably watch as much footy,if not more, than you.so i doubt it to be honest.

he has far from been a regular for you. usually if he isnt injured, hes on the bench. its fact.you should know this if you are as devout as you say......

Numeric
31-07-2009, 10:46 AM
i probably watch as much footy,if not more, than you.so i doubt it to be honest.

he has far from been a regular for you. usually if he isnt injured, hes on the bench. its fact.you should know this if you are as devout as you say......

he was named in the premier league team of the season for 07-08

and his appearance count proves he is a regular starter when fit

and, i don't believe for one minute that you watch more of united than i do

basslinejunkie
31-07-2009, 11:58 AM
* he was named in the premier league team of the season for 07-08 *

exactly,hes been a regular for one season and thats it!!

Numeric
03-08-2009, 08:50 AM
i give up :lol:

basslinejunkie
03-08-2009, 09:24 AM
:)

Will
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
he was named in the premier league team of the season for 07-08

08-09 perhaps, it was Sagna in the 07-08 team.

Numeric
04-08-2009, 08:47 AM
it was sagna in 08-09 will lad

was nev in 06-07 and wes in 07-08, if memory serves

Will
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
That would mean Sagna was in the team in the season just gone, when he was much better the season before, so I believe you are mistaken!

Numeric
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
yeah but wesley was better the season before, so

check the records man, it wouldn't be the first time you've been wrong :;

judas_beast
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
hahahahaa! Fergie will never have pressure to retire, and Wes bloody Brown is not better than my nan!

There, I'm no Manure lover or hater.

Liverpool will win prem, Man Shitty will finish tenth with Hughes getting sacked by end of October, top four stay the same and Villa & Everton battle it out for 5th and 6th.

FACT!

dan the acid man
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM
owen wont get the chances against the top teams tho. he no longer has the pace to create chances for himself.

He still has a top strikers brain and will be in the right spaces.

He suffered at Newcastle because their teams have been playing crap football for a few years now.

I personally can't see Man City doing much, they seem to be just buying some of the best players around without building a good team.

Spacehopper
04-08-2009, 07:51 PM
thing is they aint even the best players around......

adebayor is shat just dont rate him, toure aint the best defender ive ever seen, santa cruz had one good season at blackburn, tevez is good coming off the bench and barry will do ok but cant see them breaking into the top four.......i may be proved wrong you never know...

i bet mark hughes isnt even in control of the transfers.....its like he just has to accept who the owners buy, stand there with them whilst they get unveiled, then do a press conference stating what a great player they have just signed.......he will probably be sacked by november

Numeric
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
There, I'm no Manure lover or hater.

that bollocks, you're one of the worst a.b.u's on here, you go to sleep at night thinking about how much you hate united, and the fact that united are so successful haunts your every waking moment

Will
11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
thing is they aint even the best players around......

adebayor is shat just dont rate him, toure aint the best defender ive ever seen, santa cruz had one good season at blackburn, tevez is good coming off the bench and barry will do ok but cant see them breaking into the top four.......i may be proved wrong you never know...

i bet mark hughes isnt even in control of the transfers.....its like he just has to accept who the owners buy, stand there with them whilst they get unveiled, then do a press conference stating what a great player they have just signed.......he will probably be sacked by november

I'm not so sure, unlike Abramovich who's a good business man and would want to appoint everyone himself, I think City's owners were just born into money and don't really know much about how to run things. They'll probably grow to like him then be reluctant to get rid, thinking they can just throw money at new players 'til they're sucessful.

Will
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
yeah but wesley was better the season before, so

check the records man, it wouldn't be the first time you've been wrong :;

The season before last it was "The PFA team of the year announced recently comprised David James, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Emmanuel Adebayor."

Last season was "Premier League team of the year: Edwin Van der Sar, Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nicolas Anelka, Fernando Torres"

So looks like Wes Brown hasn't been in the team in either of the past 2 seasons, but I was right about Sagna!

fatcollective
11-08-2009, 11:45 PM
gonna be an interesting season this year. really looking forward to see how owen and valancia get on...berba needs to get stuck in this season and nani and anderson need to improve too. i rekon rooney will get plenty of goals and hope the defence is as solid as last year. i think united can go on and win it!

Liverpool had their best season last year, they'll never win it this season!

DarkYoung
12-08-2009, 08:39 AM
gonna be an interesting season this year. really looking forward to see how owen and valancia get on...berba needs to get stuck in this season and nani and anderson need to improve too. i rekon rooney will get plenty of goals and hope the defence is as solid as last year. i think united can go on and win it!

meanwhile back on the ranch . . .

basslinejunkie
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM

why not? we were only 4 points off last year. we have also improved the squad, with johnson and aquilani who is a class player when fit. everyone else apart from city have either stood still or gone backwards, so it would be foolish to say we cant win it this year.

djfase
12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Chelsea for it this season

DarkYoung
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Chelsea for it this season

been saying that for months dude. don't think we'll see any of the shallow man utd supporters contributing to the forum now.
they only sing when they're winning!

Will
13-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Djfase always tips Chelsea! I tip Ancelotti to be sacked, as he would have been at Milan if the Chelsea suckers hadn't come along. Though I think they wanted him to win them the CL, not the league - just look at how Milan tended to do in the league under him!

djfase
13-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Thast cos they are the only team capable of toppling utd.

Be a bit boring tipping utd every season.

Liverpool havent got the depth, and arsenal the strength or bottle for a fight

Numeric
14-08-2009, 09:09 AM
i'm confident united will win the title again

as has already been said, liverpool and arsenal don't have the squad

chelsea have a new manager who will have to adjust to the prem

force
14-08-2009, 11:57 AM
i'm confident united will win the title again

as has already been said, liverpool and arsenal don't have the squad

chelsea have a new manager who will have to adjust to the prem

Mourinho adjusted pretty fast..

Numeric
14-08-2009, 12:02 PM
he's the special one though :lol:

basslinejunkie
14-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Djfase always tips Chelsea! I tip Ancelotti to be sacked, as he would have been at Milan if the Chelsea suckers hadn't come along. Though I think they wanted him to win them the CL, not the league - just look at how Milan tended to do in the league under him!

i agree with that. ancelloti is class in the champs leauge.

Will
14-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Thast cos they are the only team capable of toppling utd.

Be a bit boring tipping utd every season.

Liverpool havent got the depth, and arsenal the strength or bottle for a fight

Liverpool had the depth to finish above Chelsea last season and neither have added much to their squads, though United have gone backwards. If Arsenal spend the £50m or so we have we'll be up there, otherwise...

Insomnia
15-08-2009, 08:46 PM
as has already been said, arsenal don't have the squad

Hope you watched the game tonight bud.

Looked on fire!

DarkYoung
15-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Looked on fire!

6-1, even if Everton were having a bad day that's a good result.

Numeric
17-08-2009, 10:51 AM

Looked on fire!

i caught the highlights on football first late saturday night

great result for arsenal

i was never doubting the quality of your first team dude, more your chances of the league, as the arsenal squad doesn't look as strong on paper as united's or chelsea's

fair do's though great win, i couldn't believe it when i heard arshavin hadn't scored at least one for my fantasy league team :lol:

Insomnia
17-08-2009, 10:59 AM
fair do's though great win, i couldn't believe it when i heard arshavin hadn't scored at least one for my fantasy league team :lol:

Yeah mad innit 6 goals and he wasn't on the score sheet, set up Eduardos though..

Numeric
17-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah mad innit 6 goals and he wasn't on the score sheet, set up Eduardos though..

i didn't think he'd get the points for that as it came back off the post, looks like he did though :)

Insomnia
17-08-2009, 09:52 PM
i didn't think he'd get the points for that as it came back off the post, looks like he did though :)

Aye mate i know, i found that out last season.

278d7e64a374de26f==