PDA

View Full Version : Recording Live Streaming

teknorich
24-01-2004, 11:49 AM
I've recently started recording techno live streams as well as downloading sets. Seems lots of websites offer live streams for promo purposes, but they don't want you to be able to download the mixes, which is really frustrating. I downloaded TotalRecorder which cost me $11.95 (+-£7) and it's wicked. It records any sound that comes through your speakers, so any live stream sets are yours for the taking! I've had some problems with sets streamed through media player, cos media player is crap, and jumps sometimes. If you get sets from www.dj-sets.com they're perfect, cos they use sure-stream, so there's no jumping, skipping etc. They must have around 100 sets available, so it's all good!

Been using sites like www.torndadox.com, www.paxahau.com and www.dj-sets.com. Anybody know any other good sites for live streams??

megazero
27-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I use Streambox Ripper to download RealMedia stuff, and ASFRecorder to download WindowsMedia stuff. It's not too difficult to found them at the www, but if you have any problem I can try to put some links.

Some pages now are restricting the access to streams, but the yare a lot of yet. You tried the web of Plus8 Records? Haha I completed the whole discography of Richie Hawtin and his other names thanks to StrBox VCR and this web.

Try, try, try, and you'll be surprised many times.

dJpZ
27-01-2004, 11:36 PM
"Thank you for your interest in Streambox Ripper. Although Ripper is no longer supported, Streambox makes many quality products we invite you to investigate."

where can we get the old version mate ¿

dJpZ
28-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Got it now thx for the tip'!

VCR 1.0 beta 3.1

bornaa
28-01-2004, 04:28 PM
you actualy do not need a streambox ripper...only need getright and know how to find out the real adress of where file that is streamed is at....like when you save a real audio file to yer hd it will only dload a small file that will again stard to stream when u press on it...open that file in notepad and in there you will see the real adress of where the whoe file is at....just enter that url in getright n your set...

FRESHTECHNO
29-01-2004, 12:49 PM
I've recently started recording techno live streams as well as downloading sets. Seems lots of websites offer live streams for promo purposes, but they don't want you to be able to download the mixes, which is really frustrating. I downloaded TotalRecorder which cost me $11.95 (+-£7) and it's wicked. It records any sound that comes through your speakers, so any live stream sets are yours for the taking! I've had some problems with sets streamed through media player, cos media player is crap, and jumps sometimes. If you get sets from www.dj-sets.com they're perfect, cos they use sure-stream, so there's no jumping, skipping etc. They must have around 100 sets available, so it's all good!

Been using sites like www.torndadox.com, www.paxahau.com and www.dj-sets.com. Anybody know any other good sites for live streams??
we got on demand sure streams at 128 kbit. but you're not allowed to record them ;)
http://www.freshtechno.com

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 12:58 PM
www.goldwave.com

its a free trial but it give you 3000 clicks b4 you need to register.

if you only use it for recording thatll last for ever(as long as your not trigger happy with the mouse)

dJpZ
29-01-2004, 10:02 PM
....like when you save a real audio file to yer hd it will only dload a small file that will again stard to stream when u press on it...open that file in notepad and in there you will see the real adress of where the whoe file is at....just enter that url in getright n your set...

it would be too easy! :nono: all streamed files are not mp3!

azid
30-01-2004, 06:37 PM
try the rawavrecorder, found here:

http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com

a little tool to listen and record real-media-files.

maybe it helps ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==