PDA

View Full Version : Curly L7

curly
22-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Wrote this while Boa was offLine, Heard it again tonight And thought that I would post it. More of a pratice excersis than a tune really, but thought you might like a little listen.

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15722/DT_ACF211854980071.mp3

DannyBlack
24-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice work Curly, really pounding! I love that synth, it just plays with the head.

Little_Fella!
25-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Hiya mate...

Maaaaaaaaaan.... you have come on lately :cool:

Instantly that kick and bass are rubbing up nicely together - and I'm on headphones so looking forward to monitoring proper...

Everything seems pretty balanced .. I like the techno pod stab .. seems close but perhaps you want that.. I'd lower the vol on that slightly ... ummm .. the hat pattern in the background can come up a touch as it's part of the groove ..

in complement you will have to reduce the volume on the nagging top end stab that goes with the pod ..

Good structure... this is danceflor friendly despite being agitated .. more bass is required tho .. juss find a sub bass to sit under the one you got - don't have to big up on volume - juss let it sit neatly underneath - get rich with the sub ...

To control this as you push the bottom end put in a low filter at 39.9hz at -6db once you have introduced the sub element and then toggle between that and -12db & 0db etc ... this will give you a feel for how much the bass affects the mix, as far as energy and saturation goes...

Play around as this mix is pretty clean, aside from the volume issues mentioned... get the bass right first in the mix and it makes for a good solid start on the rest of your frequency balancing... a good bass / kick ratio is the key to be honest

Big up... :cool:

curly
25-07-2009, 09:16 AM
nice one Ben, cheers for taking the time to comment again.

The bottom end has never been 1 of my strong points, Think I might have to do some experimenting with laying sub under basslines today.

cheers mate

278d7e64a374de26f==