PDA

View Full Version : NYE 2009 UK - A huge UK Techno Line-up.... YOUR THOUGHTS

MARK ANXIOUS
23-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi guys,

I've just been given an insane budget for a Mark EG + Friends Arena at a 12 room, 10-20,000 ppl party for this New Years Eve in the North of England. I mean insane. And I need recommendations. Who would ppl like to see? Artists that are current AND would pull the people. No minimal I don't think, just nice serious techno with a tough edge.

I was thinking the old ones like:

Surgeon, Space DJz, Joey Beltram, Billy Nasty, Dave Clarke, Miss Djax

Plus newer ones like:

Sven Wittekind, Robert Natus, Ogi etc etc.

Maybe even a few Liberators and DAVE The Drummer types too.

Let me know if you can think of any good bigger names for a good solid backbone to a techno room ;)

A.P.
23-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll play mate!
Get some new guys on aswel init!

The Advent, Eric Sneo would be cool.

snooch
23-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll second the Advent and raise you Glenn Wilson.

Woksaus
23-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Jeff Mills, Go Hiyama, Takaaki Itoh, Voidloss, Mike Banks, Gerald Donald (you know, from Underground Resistance, although I dunno whether they spin), Cave, Speedy J, DJ Misjah (playing oldschool), DJ Rush.

Athar
23-07-2009, 09:42 PM
if the Advent do not forget about Industrialyzer!

younger faces:

A. Paul, Concrete DJz or Axel Karakasis would be good too.
and David Moleon !!!

Clodagh she is a wicked female DJ and i think she could be great too

and of course Liberators, Henry, DDR + guys from FAT Collective!

MARK ANXIOUS
24-07-2009, 01:15 AM
yes please keep going guys...

i want good schranz guys in there too eh...

Insomnia
24-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Angerfist
Neophyte
Ruffneck Alliance

ritaheed
24-07-2009, 01:56 AM
how about dj murphy and cristian fischer doin there insane b2b
space dj'z a defo!!
brixton live
manu kenton rocks it aswell
dj funk
adam x
would love to see sebastian prelar
3 deck set from jeff amadeus
dont no if all those peeps would pull a crowd tho...

lukas is ma best bet for schranz - the boy can destroy a place
sandy warez
arkus p live and/or arkus p and natus live (both amazing)
obi is pretty good aswell

adam beyer playin more rolling techno than minimal would be a good booking - defo a crowd puller
dave clarke
robert hood

...... the list could be endless

but this defo sounds interesting

The Overfiend
24-07-2009, 02:31 AM
What about the talent right here on this board...

Dorian Hunter
24-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Sounds wikid, could be worth a trip :)

My suggestions:

Primal
Bas Mooy
Tuomas Rantanen
Ogi
A. Paul
The Advent live
The Anxious live

And some fresh talents from here like the Concrete boys and the other guys of the Armatura-Clandestine-etc.-crew...

And for the Schranz-heads Witte, Natus & Mario Ranieri.

markandrew
24-07-2009, 07:50 AM
sergy casttle
trevor rockcliffe
boriqua tribez
christian varela
Jerome Hill
David Moleon
A. Paul
paul mac
goncalo m
adam beyer
robert hood

would be good :smile:

djfilthmonger
24-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Dean Rodell /glenn wilson/wetworks mash up. Eric Sneo
some good ones already mention.
Ill do the biggest slot lol!
Schranz the best i have seen is Frank Kvitta, Alex Kvitta, sven wittekind, robert natus.

And
A big ANDREAS KREAMER / JON CONOR / KAY D SMITH mash up!!

djfilthmonger
24-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah CARI LEKEBUSCH he was amazing at Awakenings this year and last

Darkmode
24-07-2009, 10:46 PM
How about

Bas Mooy, Paul Mac, Ortin Cam Ian Void & me ;-) ha ha

Antinoise
24-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Michael Burkat
Chris Libeng
Adam Beyer
Joseph Capriati
Henry Cullen (D.. Drummer)
Thomas Krome
Steve Stoll
Patrik Skoog
Stacy Pullen

*And I agree and disagree as far as the minimal goes.. I would consider names that do minimal but can still bring a strong live techno game.

force
24-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Adam bloody fcking Beyer if he plays like he did at Glade this year!!!!

jesus!

DarkYoung
24-07-2009, 10:59 PM

Boris S
Bazz-Dee
http://www.bazz-dee.de/files/bazz-dee_-_dont_****_with_mr_ed.mp3
http://www.juno.co.uk/miniflashplayer/SF324810-01-01-02.mp3

DarkYoung
24-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Immersion

eppertheleper
25-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Cisco and the Industrialyzer combo, no question. Their recent releases have been amazing and innovative. If I had to pick just one set I'd like to see right now, that would be it.

I'd agree with rita about looking at Lukas for the harder stuff. Dude has done some wildly entertaining sets. They don't just pound, they're also lots of fun.

And since nobody's said it yet, what about DSP? I'm not sure he's quite the name of some of the above, but if I were over there I'd love to see him tear it up.

MARK ANXIOUS
25-07-2009, 06:11 AM
ok i've been in touch with 80% of the above. it's just prices eh. some ppl are charging nuts prices for nye. ok the budget might be big but out of principle, you dont want to pay silly cash eh ;) it will still be a brilliant line up.. i can't wait till you guys see this hehehe

NIKCAM
25-07-2009, 01:42 PM
The Anxious live set - although I hear they charge extorionate prices!!

the A'tchet
25-07-2009, 04:55 PM
yes please keep going guys...

andreas kramer for a blast from the past or how about even getting calver out of retirement?

Stella Boy
25-07-2009, 06:09 PM
P.A.S live

josephjobling
25-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Carl cox, jeff mills, and joe beltram would get me there - b.t.w what is the venue, i'm looking forward to it already.

Frank Dogshit
26-07-2009, 01:28 PM
P.A.S live

100%

was mighty impressed by PAS when i seen them the other week...

basslinejunkie
26-07-2009, 01:53 PM
surgeon,phase,grovskopa

josephjobling
26-07-2009, 04:24 PM
100%

was mighty impressed by PAS when i seen them the other week...

I've just noticed you avitar - you dirty boy................

DannyBlack
26-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I hear The Vandal is making some waves and aparently he is free- doesn't charge a thing, plays for the love of it. Madness!

But seriously, everything that the lads say and no minimal.

The Overfiend
26-07-2009, 08:41 PM
How about getting The Divide out for an extraordinarily rare appearance.

Luke_C
28-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Ritzi Lee, A. Paul and Bas Mooy have been blowing me away with there recent stuff!

Some bargain irish names for you to consider, Sunil Sharpe from dublin 100% Vinyl and world class dj to boot, could be a bargain considering that you would rather invest in some big headliners. Also Diarmaid O'Meara owner of gobsmacked records or Fran Hartnett to do a liveset. Your talking 300-400€ for these guys and they have all been dj'ing for yonks and would actully jump at the chance to play!

MARK ANXIOUS
28-07-2009, 04:32 AM
this is the thing eh guys.. at a 15000 ppl rave, you have to think who will pull and who is current. now these smaller names you guys mention are super talented inho but if you're trying to get numbers through the door in the begininng (especially in the uk) you have no option but to focus on names ppl know. you HAVE NO OPTION. i hate the way this works, but it does and you cant get away from it.

i think the key is to be clever. we get a super strong line up that even perhaps joe blogs might recognise a few names, get the room established and then infect it each time with a name they havent heard of or even an old school name that is super talented. then build and build until you have a room that support both the old AND the new.

it really is nuts the way this game works eh... techno is even harder cause there is so much real talent on a small none pulling level. bear with me guys, if i get the chance to build this, which i have no reason not to believe, my main focus will be merging the lot, trust me. that's after all is what techno is all about right?

ritaheed
28-07-2009, 10:22 AM
aye the uk aint europe....

in tht case the likes of dave c, carl cox, green velvet, mills etc would get the punters in

TechMouse
28-07-2009, 12:29 PM
this is the thing eh guys.. at a 15000 ppl rave, you have to think who will pull and who is current. now these smaller names you guys mention are super talented inho but if you're trying to get numbers through the door in the begininng (especially in the uk) you have no option but to focus on names ppl know. you HAVE NO OPTION. i hate the way this works, but it does and you cant get away from it.

i think the key is to be clever. we get a super strong line up that even perhaps joe blogs might recognise a few names, get the room established and then infect it each time with a name they havent heard of or even an old school name that is super talented. then build and build until you have a room that support both the old AND the new.

it really is nuts the way this game works eh... techno is even harder cause there is so much real talent on a small none pulling level. bear with me guys, if i get the chance to build this, which i have no reason not to believe, my main focus will be merging the lot, trust me. that's after all is what techno is all about right?

CJ Bolland always used to be a big pull when I was at uni.

Always used to rock it as well.

djfilthmonger
28-07-2009, 01:06 PM
CJ Bolland always used to be a big pull when I was at uni.

Always used to rock it as well.

CJ Bolland rocks the gaff too right proper bang its out

BloodStar
28-07-2009, 03:28 PM
ey mark, if i should bet on names who are big here in cz, i would deffinitely take:
The Advent, DJ Rush, Adam Beyer, Dave Clarke, Ben Sims, Surgeon, Speedy J, Chris Liebing, Green Velvet, Luke Slater, Umek, Green Velvet, etc...

then I would combine with some names like Mulero, Bas Mooy, Radial, Wittekind/Natus, Dj Ogi, Rumenige/Loktibrada, Dj Boss or stuff like that.

depends on how big is your budget,ofcourse.

DannyBlack
29-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Surgeon, The Advent, Marco Remus, D.A.V.E the drummer, Product 19, Chris Liberator, Rhythm Technologies, Wetworks... man there are som many people Id love to see.

Seneca
29-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I i heard this going to take place at NYE and i'm (atm) extremely interested and I think about attending it when it comes true

In Germany Sven Wittekind (although I heard he recently played softer stuff too, just like Kröcher does in his radio shows now) and Boris S. are definitely big names when it comes to schranz

I could supply some more names but I'm a foreigner to the UK scene so I can't 'play the game' like Mark said in his last post...

I myself would like to see ppl like AP, Chris Liberator, Cullen :)

edit:

bear with me guys, if i get the chance to build this, which i have no reason not to believe, my main focus will be merging the lot, trust me. that's after all is what techno is all about right?

well said.

davethedrummer
29-07-2009, 10:25 PM
me of course!
but you wont be able to afford me.
and I'm busy washing my hair that night

hair singular

force
29-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Bas Mooy is a must, if he aint already booked!

Has anybody heard his latest set?

DannyBlack
29-07-2009, 11:48 PM
yes and it gave me an erection.

Louk
30-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Bas Mooy, Surgeon, Cari Lekebusch, Mucky Beats, Ribbz + Wragg (would be a good access to all the people from the slammin vinyl crowd who recognise both names), Ignition Technician, Rino Cerrone, Concrete DJz, Industryalizer + The Advent, A Paul, Ben Long, Sven Vath playing a classics set... ahhh loadsssss

Loop
30-07-2009, 12:59 PM
If your really want to pack it out get Surgeon, Sven Vath, James Holden and Omar S.
You've then got all bases covered.

basslinejunkie
30-07-2009, 03:46 PM
having thought about this, its all subjective.what id consider a big line up someone else wouldnt and vice versa.

youl have to if possible just get one out of each sound, i.e. rush,surgeon,ruminege + loktibrada, raudive etc.

Luke_C
01-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Bas Mooy is a must, if he aint already booked!

Has anybody heard his latest set?

Mooy is really banging out some savage stuff at the moment! definitely try and get him!

miss kosmix
01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
i would say Arkus P. and Robert Natus or their act together as Tetrapak
or some of the trivial bookings ppl, they got dj lukas, motormorphoses, O.B.I. etc,
they're all pretty schranzy

and obviously Jeff Amadeus :), not schanzy but in your face hard!

DELTA9MDA
03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Wilson, Arkus, Natus, Rodell, Seema

judas_beast
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Viper XXL, if you're on a Schranz tip.

loopdon
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris Liebing, perhaps. Should pull some people, i guess..

the A'tchet
04-08-2009, 06:14 PM
dave the drummer,the liberators,ant,guy mccaffer,a.p,zoid,mobile dogwash,paul cortex,roland the bastard. how about getting calver away from his calvertron act for the nite? thats one hell of a line up ive just given u

ddddyyyy
05-08-2009, 02:44 AM
This forum is very good, I like, I agree with that point of view above,I support you!

Nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind to it.

adidas shoes (http://www.adidasdiscount.com) cheap wedding dresses (http://www.21bridal.com) chanel bags (http://www.sf46.com/Chanel_bags-s-82-1.html) tiffany rings (http://www.coachjewelry.com) packaging plastic bags (http://www.newshilling.net)

leforge
06-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Joey Beltram,
Dave Angel
Trevor Rockcliffe
Colin Dale
Surgeon
Mark EG
Billy Nasty
Chris Liberator
Dave the Drummer
Miss Djax
Ben Long
Dj Ribbz
Perhaps few sets from techno from mid 90 as well.

morbid
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Trevor Rockcliffe

Billy Nasty

agreed

BloodStar
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Viper XXL, if you're on a Schranz tip.
are you serious?

ritaheed
07-08-2009, 06:00 PM
seen viper xxl a good few year ago and he bored me to tears

Luke_C
08-08-2009, 02:15 AM
i would say Arkus P. and Robert Natus or their act together as Tetrapak
or some of the trivial bookings ppl, they got dj lukas, motormorphoses, O.B.I. etc,
they're all pretty schranzy

and obviously Jeff Amadeus :), not schanzy but in your face hard!

is tetrapak not Arkus p and Boris s. ? Would be a great booking too, thier set from awakenings is one of the best schranz sets i have herd!

seen viper xxl a good few year ago and he bored me to tears

Really? he has some top quality productions, i have dl'd a few of his sets wasn't mad on em, but they weren't bad.

judas_beast
08-08-2009, 02:55 AM
are you serious?

Mark said about a big name Schranz name as a possibility - he would pull in ''that'' crowd. It's all very well people saying 'Dave the Drummer, Liberators, Calver, RTB Geezer etc'' but how many times have most punters seen most of them? Loads.

I'd want some of them, some BMB style stuff, maybe some US stuff, mix it up.

Luke_C
08-08-2009, 04:25 AM
up and coming schranz OBI or Ogi both are releasing absolutely brilliant stuff time and time again.. OBI more so.

Technologic
12-08-2009, 01:33 AM
I'll play mate!
Get some new guys on aswel init!

:D

Technologic
12-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Apart from the obvious (SUF crew)...

Gayle San
Dave Clarke
CJ Bolland
Chris Finke
Ade Fenton
Valentino kanzyani
Eric Sneo
Robert Natus
Chris Liebing
Mauro Picotto
Secret Cinema
DJ Bone
UR
Luke Slater
jay Denham
Surgeon

And of course

Me (demo available on request :D)

Technologic
12-08-2009, 01:44 AM
I'd also like to hear Hawtin do a harder set.

Luke_C
12-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Dj Boss! :D

clubsynthetic
15-08-2009, 09:06 PM
hawtin
beyer
gayle san
dave clark
Surgeon
secret cinema
mauro picotto
Secret Cinema
Cari Lekebusch
ben sims
Industryalizer + The Advent
JAMIE ****ING LIDELL if you could get him to play live techno set
Dave the drummer
Jerome Hill
Subhead
Jamie Ball
Me

if you spread your bets and wanted to pull the biggests crowd

ritaheed
15-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Really? he has some top quality productions, i have dl'd a few of his sets wasn't mad on em, but they weren't bad.

a was well let down by him, a thought he was gna hammer it out big time but he was mega disapointing.... at the end of his set no one clapped or cheered or even made a sound, everyone just turned and walked out the door - it was well strange

the A'tchet
16-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Mark said about a big name Schranz name as a possibility - he would pull in ''that'' crowd. It's all very well people saying 'Dave the Drummer, Liberators, Calver, RTB Geezer etc'' but how many times have most punters seen most of them? Loads.

I'd want some of them, some BMB style stuff, maybe some US stuff, mix it up.

there is a reason most punters have seen them loads,mayb its because they are the best at what they do,gauranteed to pull a crowd n pretty much gauranteed a wicked nite.thats what its all about isnt it? :confused:

Stella Boy
16-08-2009, 12:16 PM
there is a reason most punters have seen them loads,mayb its because they are the best at what they do,gauranteed to pull a crowd n pretty much gauranteed a wicked nite.thats what its all about isnt it? :confused:

too right people want to have a great night but surely punters should trust the judgement of the promotors. It's not as if they're gonna book someone shite who can't play a great set.

There's far too much emphasis on booking the same old dj's. If promotors stick to the same gameplan then when the time comes that a dj hangs up their headphones or moves on then there's gonna be even less of a scene. imo of course

TVart
16-08-2009, 12:47 PM
immersion
advent
david moleon
mhonolink
rob stow
luke slater
dave the drummer & ap & chris l.
dean cole & frank hunter...

from this board:

pat_mcgerkin
dark young
fil devious
stefano tt...

that is line up i want to hear every weekend... peace! :)

Luke_C
16-08-2009, 04:48 PM
a was well let down by him, a thought he was gna hammer it out big time but he was mega disapointing.... at the end of his set no one clapped or cheered or even made a sound, everyone just turned and walked out the door - it was well strange

Everyone has there bad days! haha But that does sound very strange! :o

teknohead
16-08-2009, 10:00 PM
billy nasty
dj tanith (universe 92 set)
dave the drummer
aaron,chris and julian liberator
geezer
kn
concrete djz

Rog
17-08-2009, 09:09 AM
henry cullen b2b dj pattrix (mutate to survive label type sound)

Darkmode
17-08-2009, 10:46 PM
immersion
advent
david moleon
mhonolink
rob stow
luke slater
dave the drummer & ap & chris l.
dean cole & frank hunter...

from this board:

pat_mcgerkin
dark young
fil devious
stefano tt...

that is line up i want to hear every weekend... peace! :)

Does Dean Cole still release music & play out? As the last time I saw him play was when he played a live set as USER in Newcastle back in 2001

TVart
17-08-2009, 11:14 PM
hm..i dont realy know that mate...im so far away from england (serbia).

but,i just mention this guy because i love that sound. its so prefect! "user" is the best dj tool EVER imho.

correct me if i'm wrong,but dean cole and frank hunter are 'black arts" these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBbn3dCDmE

what do you think about that? :)

davethedrummer
17-08-2009, 11:49 PM
pet duo
miss djaxx
rush
for yer schranz

beyer
carola
faki
for yer min/tech

Vath as yer crowd puller

somebody clever live like
scan x
or
hardfloor or vitalic

guest apperances:

jeff mills on the piano singing jazz / chas and dave covers

teisto playing a guitar with only one string
and 2 fingers up his nose. ( somebody elses fingers )

Blackout Chief
18-08-2009, 01:10 PM
isnt it funny how you're given an incredible budget on new years eve and within the first three names it's almost eaten up. lol

ok well, this is how far i am with this:

i've pretty much got all the prices i want from loads of the above mentioned names... and most of the european ones are just silly money. i dunno what it is, but how some of these people expect some of the prices i've been quoted is beyond me. all that plus business flights, dinner for their girlfriends. sack that. it's the principle of the thing tbh. i'd rather support the UK names.

so i'm now looking at one or two european headliners and a more uk based line-up. billy nasty, surgeon, sims, those sort of names. oh and henry and chris of course.

anyway i'll update you all soon. thanks so much for your recommendations.

leforge
18-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Cheers for update Mark. Where is this likely to take place? UK djs much cheaper option get the likes of Trevor Rockcliffe, Dave Angel in there

davethedrummer
18-08-2009, 03:26 PM
isnt it funny how you're given an incredible budget on new years eve and within the first three names it's almost eaten up. lol

i've pretty much got all the prices i want from loads of the above mentioned names... and most of the european ones are just silly money. i dunno what it is, but how some of these people expect some of the prices i've been quoted is beyond me. all that plus business flights, dinner for their girlfriends. sack that. it's the principle of the thing tbh. i'd rather support the UK names.

so i'm now looking at one or two european headliners and a more uk based line-up. billy nasty, surgeon, sims, those sort of names. oh and henry and chris of course.

tell me about it mark
the hydraulix party isn't cheap either and that's a birthday blag fee wise.
and you know what ?
I'm now getting junk mail from various DJ agencies saying
"we've got this DJ free next month do you want to take him?? "
and I've never even spoken to these guys.

I'm like
"f@ck off! I'm not a f@cking promoter !!"
"I love the way they try to say " we've got this DJ free, you lucky people...."
when really what it means is " this DJs making some really big tunes right now
but because the music scene is so watered down and everything is so faceless
that this guy can't get any work that actually pays anything, ie: DJ'ing
and even if you do book him the chances are no-one will show up to see him because they haven't really heard of him because when radio one does play his shit, it's at 4am on a monday night.
so come on please , pay our guy , take a fall for us and we won't be there to pick up the pieces when you cant pay next months mortgage."

sound familiar to anyone ?
I mean do I look stupid or what ?
( don't answer that )

I really think the agencies and DJs should stop being so damn greedy/desperate
and realize that there just isn't the market for that shit any more
and business class seats and all that, I mean...come on.

It's become a sad old same old
big corporate gigs , nothing in between of any real value
clubs closed down , turned into wine bars or flats to move more people in
to "desirable" respectable, QUIET neighborhoods away from the chav gangs
that roam the streets tearing the flesh from live babies
and stabbing anything that get's in their way ( apparently )
nowhere for new comers to play ( or anyone else ) , cheesy nonsensical music takes over clubland
everyone gets desperate and says " its for the money / family "
I know it's crap, but I gotta pay the bills.....
Jesus, is that a good reason now ?
Is this what is has come to ?
Is this the best we can do ?
Obviously it is.

music goes down the toilet
and morality follows a close second
excuses for real songs hit the headlines and
corporate crap clubbing is double enabled by the credit crunch
and outright greed.

we ARE waiting for a musical revolution
and won't those "big" DJ's look stupid when it happens ?
maybe , who cares as long as the revolution happens
and helps kids think for themselves.

rant over
I'll put the kettle on shall I ?

Technologic
18-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, for NYE though there's going to be an incredibly high demand and door prices aren't going to be cheap either. So a budget for anyone on the night is likely to at least double that of any normal night.

Well up for the likes of Nasty, Simms & Surgeon though :-)

DannyBlack
18-08-2009, 06:54 PM
tell me about it mark
the hydraulix party isn't cheap either and that's a birthday blag fee wise.
and you know what ?
I'm now getting junk mail from various DJ agencies saying
"we've got this DJ free next month do you want to take him?? "
and I've never even spoken to these guys.

I'm like
"f@ck off! I'm not a f@cking promoter !!"
"I love the way they try to say " we've got this DJ free, you lucky people...."
when really what it means is " this DJs making some really big tunes right now
but because the music scene is so watered down and everything is so faceless
that this guy can't get any work that actually pays anything, ie: DJ'ing
and even if you do book him the chances are no-one will show up to see him because they haven't really heard of him because when radio one does play his shit, it's at 4am on a monday night.
so come on please , pay our guy , take a fall for us and we won't be there to pick up the pieces when you cant pay next months mortgage."

sound familiar to anyone ?
I mean do I look stupid or what ?
( don't answer that )

I really think the agencies and DJs should stop being so damn greedy/desperate
and realize that there just isn't the market for that shit any more
and business class seats and all that, I mean...come on.

It's become a sad old same old
big corporate gigs , nothing in between of any real value
clubs closed down , turned into wine bars or flats to move more people in
to "desirable" respectable, QUIET neighborhoods away from the chav gangs
that roam the streets tearing the flesh from live babies
and stabbing anything that get's in their way ( apparently )
nowhere for new comers to play ( or anyone else ) , cheesy nonsensical music takes over clubland
everyone gets desperate and says " its for the money / family "
I know it's crap, but I gotta pay the bills.....
Jesus, is that a good reason now ?
Is this what is has come to ?
Is this the best we can do ?
Obviously it is.

music goes down the toilet
and morality follows a close second
excuses for real songs hit the headlines and
corporate crap clubbing is double enabled by the credit crunch
and outright greed.

we ARE waiting for a musical revolution
and won't those "big" DJ's look stupid when it happens ?
maybe , who cares as long as the revolution happens
and helps kids think for themselves.

rant over
I'll put the kettle on shall I ?

I guess that's what happens when money and ego take over. I've played a few places and have put on a couple of parties and I've never made money off it. Nor did I intend too. And I honestly don't give a crap.

I think keeping NYE this side of the pond with this side of the pond (and a couple of yankee DJz) artists would be a class idea.- Somehow though, I think the masses want european blood.

MARK ANXIOUS
19-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, for NYE though there's going to be an incredibly high demand and door prices aren't going to be cheap either. So a budget for anyone on the night is likely to at least double that of any normal night.

Well up for the likes of Nasty, Simms & Surgeon though :-)

Mate, I totally understand this. Everything on NYE is double for sure. I have been doing this myself on my own prices for like 20 years.. it's a given on NYE... BUT

this silly price for techno (that i have had here that is almost triple in a few instances), plus superstar demands. **** that. It's nuts... the uk cant support that. how is techno supposed to grow like this? can you not see that the uk club scene would rather put 5000 quid on someone that will PULL commercial than miss xxx with 2 business class flights cause she pulls in europe. Damn if we want techno to grow in UK we need a few big names who really are willing to step in and say 'We'll help you out'. Until that happens IMHO techno that is not fashion (ie minimal) is ****ed.

thats my 2 cents....

Technologic
19-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Mate, I totally understand this. Everything on NYE is double for sure. I have been doing this myself on my own prices for like 20 years.. it's a given on NYE... BUT

this silly price for techno (that i have had here that is almost triple in a few instances), plus superstar demands. **** that. It's nuts... the uk cant support that. how is techno supposed to grow like this? can you not see that the uk club scene would rather put 5000 quid on someone that will PULL commercial than miss xxx with 2 business class flights cause she pulls in europe. Damn if we want techno to grow in UK we need a few big names who really are willing to step in and say 'We'll help you out'. Until that happens IMHO techno that is not fashion (ie minimal) is ****ed.

thats my 2 cents....

Yeah, I see what you're saying...
Maybe the agents just know they can get their asking prices so why wouldn't they follow the money, just business sense really.

Anyway, i think good PR for negotiation is pretty important if this is what the UK scene really needs, someone who knows the artists, can pull strings and get good deals.

Also I think a lot of artists just need to have it made worth their while...
maybe it'd be worth finding another promotion willing to split some some expenses for some kind of tour.

There are ways of cutting costs, just takes some effort mate.

DannyBlack
19-08-2009, 11:02 AM

thats my 2 cents....

so then why not compose an email to that effect to the big names and see who bites? Surely there must be someone out there who is actually prepared to step up to the plate and shed the superstar demands for one night?

There is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Darkmode
19-08-2009, 01:43 PM

thats my 2 cents....

I think greed had ****ed the scene up & it has come back & bit those greedy artists & agents in the arse because of the recession as some of those greedy artists have not been getting many bookings this year so in a way it was come full circle

I think it should go back to basics for the scene to survive as some big name club nights like Shindig have for example they had to stop holding Shindig at Digital every Sat as they weren't getting the club full not even half full so they have changed to a smaller venue & holding it once a month

The_Laughing_Man
19-08-2009, 05:05 PM
A music revolution is a long time coming.

Back to the raves anyone?

NYE is just one commercial ass biscuit of epic proportions anyway.
What does it actually mean?

It`s time to work on building the underground from the underground again.

DarkYoung
19-08-2009, 07:39 PM
It`s time to work on building the underground from the underground again.

goddam straight.

i'm so out of touch won't even try and humour suggestions about how that could be done.

i see a lot of 'underground parties' as vehicles for the 'free-party' organisers to make a free buck from the marks. shame.

a lot of the guys i knew who did it with some kind of sense of 'keeping the dream alive', have mainly had to sell up their stuff, too much fear, police being too heavy-handed.

davethedrummer
19-08-2009, 11:39 PM
so then why not compose an email to that effect to the big names and see who bites? Surely there must be someone out there who is actually prepared to step up to the plate and shed the superstar demands for one night?

I totally agree
what have we got to lose anymore ?
say it like you mean it

Blackout Chief
19-08-2009, 11:45 PM

THAT my friend is EXACTLY what I'm gonna do. And anyone on a 'big name' level that reads this and is willing to help us out: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

Thanks Danny.

Blackout Chief
19-08-2009, 11:47 PM
and BTW thanks H for being so god damn reasonable with ya fee. Sure it's a nice amount, but you're defo not taking the piss and that is hard to find these days mate. Respect.

SlavikSvensk
20-08-2009, 04:14 AM
the economics of techno were much more sustainable when a big party still only involved one or two people from outside the local area, supported by local djs.

the whole superstar dj thing makes me want to vomit. but as long as venues are willing to pay them what they demand, they'll keep it up.

DannyBlack
20-08-2009, 08:38 PM
THAT my friend is EXACTLY what I'm gonna do. And anyone on a 'big name' level that reads this and is willing to help us out: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

Thanks Danny.

No worries Mark. If you need a hand harrassing the europeans- gimme a shout. No better man. :-)

djfilthmonger
21-08-2009, 12:13 AM
No worries Mark. If you need a hand harrassing the europeans- gimme a shout. No better man. :-)

:lol:

clubsynthetic
24-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Why not spread your bets?

I like the idea of not going for loads of big acts. Maybe one or two to headline a big party. But you could be A) Discovering DJ talent out there and B) Maximising the scope of yer party C) Saving on a lot of flights, hassle and sillyness

I mean, if you were to get loads of the UK best balls to the wall, genre busting techno DJs out there from different regions in the UK, think all yer london/edinburgh/glasgow/manchester/leeds/stoke on trent :P DJs to submit demos for a comp or selection, you could create alot of buzz with a big party with not much bling. I'm sure there are many clubs (unless they to ocan afford the astronomical prices) at new year who resident DJs would love a chance to rock it with a big crowd and could probably muster one for a massive UK orientated party at new year. ;)

clubsynthetic
24-08-2009, 10:51 PM
but aye, artists like Subhead, Jamie ball, Jerome HIll, Rob Stow, Henry Cullen, Dave the Drummer and all that ain't silly you could still balance it even further.

Woksaus
31-08-2009, 04:35 PM
So, Mark, how's it going with bookings and stuff? Did you get the bulk of the bookings done, or are you still looking for (reasonably priced :P) artists?

The Overfiend
31-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Just seen Jamie Ball kill it this weekend.
Well worth the consideration ;)

iva laalien
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
lawrie immersion is a cool idea...
D.A.V.E live set...
jerome hill...
alex calver...
jeff amadeus....
Hutch...
mcaffer...
ant...
sterling moss...
dj slacky...
spiral tribe.. not seen that for years

hope this gets off the ground... sounds like a real good opertunity...

basslinejunkie
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
alot of people are saying people / dj's are out of order and not helping the scence by asking for crazy money. but as far as my limited knowlage goes, uk is the only area where techno is in decline,everywhere else in europe its booming, so what might seem a silly amount here is normal over there considering its nye.

why fly over here for less money??

davethedrummer
01-09-2009, 11:44 PM
alot of people are saying people / dj's are out of order and not helping the scence by asking for crazy money. but as far as my limited knowlage goes, uk is the only area where techno is in decline,everywhere else in europe its booming, so what might seem a silly amount here is normal over there considering its nye.

why fly over here for less money??

If you are talking minimal/tech house then maybe
but anything else forget it.

basslinejunkie
02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
hmmm. i presumed that techno was fairly healthy abroad.

Woksaus
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
It is here in Holland, but it's almost always either minimal/tech house or hardtechno.

Woksaus
25-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Am I mistaken, or will it be this?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135144315846&ref=mf

ds2
25-09-2009, 10:38 PM
cheeky ****ers.

ritaheed
25-09-2009, 11:39 PM
the techno arena looks good, glad to see glasgows twisted and brainfire having an arena.....

sum shit arena's tho

Stella Boy
26-09-2009, 11:27 AM
cheeky ****ers.

indeed

Smear
29-09-2009, 08:11 AM
In hindsight mentioning the size of the budget here was probably a mistake too, word was bound to get round.

nekro
29-09-2009, 11:17 AM
not such an interesting line-up, joey beltram was complete gash when i saw him play at family groove. i tried to book him to play an oldschool site once but his promoter said he's only interested in playing 'filtered' tech-house these days

basslinejunkie
29-09-2009, 01:40 PM
indeed

??

cheeky why? I havent seen the line up

BloodStar
29-09-2009, 02:27 PM
. and most of the european ones are just silly money. i dunno what it is, but how some of these people expect some of the prices i've been quoted is beyond me. all that plus business flights, dinner for their girlfriends.

welcome to 21st century. where've you been last 5 years, mate? :D

markandrew
29-09-2009, 04:55 PM
THE ULTIMATE NEW YEARS EVE ALL NIGHT PARTY

@

THE UK'S UNDISPUTED NUMBER ONE PARTY VENUE

THE BIGGEST NEW YEARS EVE EVENT EVER HELD IN THE UK.

THURSDAY 31st DECEMBER 2009
11 HOURS 7pm - 6am
13 ARENAS OF THE LARGEST BRANDS IN THE UK
WITH OVER 100 ARTISTS
13 WORLD EXCLUSIVES

MARK EG & FRIENDS: TECHNO SESSIONS ARENA
(PURE TECHNO)

One of the most recognized artists in the UK club scene, Mark has also been responsible for countless techno releases on his own label Blackout Audio, Planet Rhythm and many others. Tonight Mark EG invites some of the world’s biggest international techno fiends along to join the party. The Arena will be held in The Cave – a stunning themed room almost custom made for techno music with rock-like cave walls and super-tight acoustics. You wont believe the sounds coming from here! Rave hero, techno originator and the creator of the ‘Mentasm’ and ’Energy Flash’ classics - Joey Beltram - will fly in especially from the USA for an exclusive two-hour midnight set. Also exclusive is The Surgeon – presently perceived as the biggest name in the world for pounding, serious techno music. Welcome to the Techno Sessions.

JOEY BELTRAM (WORLD EXCLUSIVE - TWO HOUR MIDNIGHT SET – R&S/TRANSMAT/TRESOR – USA)
THE SURGEON (WORLD EXCLUSIVE - INTERNATIONAL NO1 POUNDING TECHNO DJ – COUNTERBALANCE/TRESOR)
MARK EG (UK TECHNO INNOVATOR - BLACKOUT AUDIO/THE ANXIOUS)
DAVE THE DRUMMER (TECHNO LEGEND/HYDRAULIX)
CHRIS LIBERATOR (ACID TECHNO ORIGINATOR/STAY UP FOREVER)
WRAGG VS RIBBZ (SOUTH-WEST VS TECHNO RAVE HERO)
MUCKY BEATS B2B JAY KNIGHT (COLOURS, MANCHESTER)
TIPTOE B2B MARK ANDERSON (THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT/DARKSIDE, LEEDS)

slimboy
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Without wanting to be pedantic, who the hell is 'The Surgeon'?? Also 'International no.1 pounding techno DJ' completely belittles what he does these days.

basslinejunkie
01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
aye,sorry to say, its hardly an outstanding line up, then again with what you were saying about people asking for huge fees etc i can now understand.

djfilthmonger
01-10-2009, 01:43 PM
this a decent enough line up, but i was expected maybe cari lekebusch or hard techno djs like OBI possibly to shake things up a bit

Seneca
18-10-2009, 07:47 PM
"silver: £45 +booking fee / fast track entry / rides"

does this ticket include all the rides?
and what does fast track entry mean?

thanks in advance :)

and a question about eventztravel
bustrips i've done so far worked like this:
they pick u up, bring u to the party and like 30min after the party is over the bus drives home again
is it the same with eventztravel?

slimboy
20-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Looks like a Helter Skelter-esque chavfest

Seneca
20-10-2009, 10:15 PM
can anybody answer my questions?
c'mon!

MARK ANXIOUS
20-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Without wanting to be pedantic, who the hell is 'The Surgeon'?? Also 'International no.1 pounding techno DJ' completely belittles what he does these days.

I agree and I made them take that comment off the flyer. However 'The Surgeon' is a typo that I didn't spot until it was too late. Should have been 'Surgeon' obviously...

MARK ANXIOUS
20-10-2009, 11:00 PM
aye,sorry to say, its hardly an outstanding line up, then again with what you were saying about people asking for huge fees etc i can now understand.

i think it's an outstanding line-up for the UK ON NYE, but i agree, it's not as good as it would have been were DJ's not charging DOUBLE, sometimes TRIPLE their usual, high prices. if this arena goes well for NYE, next year I will have a really good budget at normal prices. then i can really go to town here.

MARK ANXIOUS
20-10-2009, 11:01 PM
this a decent enough line up, but i was expected maybe cari lekebusch or hard techno djs like OBI possibly to shake things up a bit

that will happen next year on normal techno dj prices.

MARK ANXIOUS
20-10-2009, 11:03 PM
"silver: £45 +booking fee / fast track entry / rides"

does this ticket include all the rides?
and what does fast track entry mean?

thanks in advance :)

and a question about eventztravel
bustrips i've done so far worked like this:
they pick u up, bring u to the party and like 30min after the party is over the bus drives home again
is it the same with eventztravel?

i'm not the promoter mate. i really cant help you with these questions. try asking on the facebook group, or phone the no on the flyer:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135144315846

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135144315846

MARK ANXIOUS
20-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Looks like a Helter Skelter-esque chavfest

chav fest? if by that you mean a load of young people from all corners of life in alot of different arenas with different music styles, well yes it is. it's a rave-up, what do you expect :lol:

but if as i suspect you mean a tracky fest with a bunch of council house tenants, i think you're totally off the mark mate.

Seneca
21-10-2009, 06:28 AM
thanks anyway Mark :)

gunjack
21-10-2009, 10:37 AM
dude, honestly mark how you gonna give joey beltram top billing over tony surgeon? musically there is no comparison... "pounding, serious techno music" lulz

leforge
22-10-2009, 09:46 PM
It be good night.

leforge
22-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Can Chris Liberator play bit later he was on too early last one!

A.P.
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I think the line up could of been better for a nye event tbh mate.

crime
06-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I'd like to add here, that I did actually offer my services, at a reasonable price I might add, dunno if I would have made the line-up any more interesting for you lot, but it just pains me somewhat that I offer people a good deal and then read comments like the last few about what the outcome was... that said, I do feel a bit like yesterdays news these days to be honest, so apologies if it sounds a bit like sour grapes, just feel an opportunity was missed...

DannyBlack
07-11-2009, 11:48 AM
I do feel a bit like yesterdays news these days to be honest, so apologies if it sounds a bit like sour grapes, just feel an opportunity was missed...

As much as we have butted heads on things on here, I have to say- that sounds grim mate. Yes, I think you would have been great on the line up.

But mate, shake that mindset! I still listen to your mixes- it gets me through work- some days are just plain shit in here, your stuff helps.

MARK ANXIOUS
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
hey mark aka crime. sorry mate.. you have to understand i have to get this arena established first. as it stands on my first crack, the way to do this is use names that ppl in the uk 'rave' scene are gonna know. joey is an obvious one. surgeon is sort of too. chris and h do alot in this country also.

the plan is to get this arena established on this occasion, then we really go to town when dj prices are more reasonable and the newly established converts to the sound trust the arena. it's about building the uk following for this sound...

this is not europe where you can put 'the advent' on and pack a party. uk is ****ed for good techno as you know but putting an arena like this on in a seriously big event with 13 arenas like this is unheard of imho. all we have right now at big events like this is dave clarke's 'electro arena' or sven vath's 'cocoon arena'. it's pitiful. bear with me bro. i actually wanna take this to ALL the big uk events if i can.. but we gotta be clever... we gotta pull ppl from the big events who don't know techno, and then make them realise how good it is...

that way we make a scene in the uk. ok everyone is doing there own thing here in the uk (ie atomic jam/colour/split etc) but we can't deny the fact that we would get thousands upon thousands of ppl from the big events i play at (creamfields/pleasuredome/slammin vinyl - some of which are the biggest parties in the uk) into techno if we get serious arena's on these parties. Alot of these guys are now starting to ask me to put on arenas. But we need to do it cleverly. Call it a kinda underground resistance if you will :)

Welcome your thoughts guys/gals...

teknofilth
09-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I think it is wicked that techno is going to be represented at a big bash like this, get some of the enthusiastic glowstick wavers that go to slammin vinyl etc exposed to techno because they are a fresh young crowd, thing is mark I think you can’t really win, if you make this a success and techno appears regularly at big events people will grumble that it is being sold-out and is going commercial, if you don’t make it a success people say “oh you should have booked him/her/it” instead..
.. I think looking at it long-term is the way to go – what with the cyclical nature of electronic music I think that over the years having seen hmv/virgin etc stock “best of” hard house, best of trance/best of dnb/best of old skool/electro-house etc that techno is due its time in the spotlight..
..I think that perhaps this particular cycle has adopted minimal techno as its turn in the spotlight but all that means is next time the cycle goes around, a few new genres will have their "best of" moment in the spotlight before once again techno is in position to shake everyone up - so it is up to everyone who really gives a shit to use this time now, while the scene doesn’t have a load of fashionistas/moneymen/gangsters involved trying to dilute everything, just people in it for the love and avin it factor , time to prepare, get producing, DJing, getting new blood into the scene via big nights like these, waiting to pounce and tear the techno walls down..
..dnb springs to mind as the most obvious template to learn from imo, going back to the mid 90s with all the moody jungle, violence at raves, then into that cold techstep, then all of a sudden Roni Size won the Mercury Prize, all the wankers went to UK garage nights and smashed each other over the head with champagne bottles at Coliseum etc instead of dnb events – and dnb matured into the sound and scene that it is now, secure, popular and always evolving..
..so for me this night and others like it is all about setting the foundation to get people into techno in the next few years, it is up to those with an interest to be ready to take advantage when it does happen by doing things now, so when people are gagging for something more..more TECHNO then we will be ready
Sorry that sounds a bit like some sort of bad Fight Club speech, 1st rule of techno club etc, I now have visions of DJ Ogi throwing Richie Hawtin to the ground saying “no more minimal” ;-)

aNaLpLeAsEr
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Ideologies are just ideologies at the end of the day.

Big events usually equal stupid ticket prices.

DannyBlack
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Doesn't matter really. In times of recession we should eat drink and be merry- tomorrow we might die.

DannyBlack
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Not sure to be honest. I think everything comes and goes in phases. Techno evolved faster than the scene could cope with. Now we're in the settling time. It will be back, but different.

DannyBlack
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Good question. From my own perspective I think it all started to come apart at the seems 2007ish. That's when I really started to see changes. We had record companies going bust, Vinyl drying up and the digital changeover, record shops going bust and promoters leaving the scene. This is all based on what I saw first hand in my town. I'm sure it differs from local to local.

The recession also kinda tipped it over the edge. It is insanely hard to get people out to a night nowadays unless you have the likes of Green Velvet or Dave Clarke etc etc///

DannyBlack
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
That's trends for you though, they pop up and BLAM they take the place of what you were into before. It is a pain in the neck.

I never really got my head around Trance to be honest. I do have a love of Acid trance though.

basslinejunkie
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
hey mark aka crime. sorry mate.. you have to understand i have to get this arena established first. as it stands on my first crack, the way to do this is use names that ppl in the uk 'rave' scene are gonna know. joey is an obvious one. surgeon is sort of too. chris and h do alot in this country also.

the plan is to get this arena established on this occasion, then we really go to town when dj prices are more reasonable and the newly established converts to the sound trust the arena. it's about building the uk following for this sound...

this is not europe where you can put 'the advent' on and pack a party. uk is ****ed for good techno as you know but putting an arena like this on in a seriously big event with 13 arenas like this is unheard of imho. all we have right now at big events like this is dave clarke's 'electro arena' or sven vath's 'cocoon arena'. it's pitiful. bear with me bro. i actually wanna take this to ALL the big uk events if i can.. but we gotta be clever... we gotta pull ppl from the big events who don't know techno, and then make them realise how good it is...

that way we make a scene in the uk. ok everyone is doing there own thing here in the uk (ie atomic jam/colour/split etc) but we can't deny the fact that we would get thousands upon thousands of ppl from the big events i play at (creamfields/pleasuredome/slammin vinyl - some of which are the biggest parties in the uk) into techno if we get serious arena's on these parties. Alot of these guys are now starting to ask me to put on arenas. But we need to do it cleverly. Call it a kinda underground resistance if you will :)

Welcome your thoughts guys/gals...

you are going about it the right way imo. it is the natrual progression, hardcore / hard trance then techno, thats how i got into it with the likes of ribbz aggressor etc etc and im sure alot of people where introduced to techno the same way.

ritaheed
12-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I'd like to add here, that I did actually offer my services, at a reasonable price I might add, dunno if I would have made the line-up any more interesting for you lot, but it just pains me somewhat that I offer people a good deal and then read comments like the last few about what the outcome was... that said, I do feel a bit like yesterdays news these days to be honest, so apologies if it sounds a bit like sour grapes, just feel an opportunity was missed...

ive got alot of your tunes mate - your productions are off the hook, you shouldnt feel like that!!

FuK-NuT
13-11-2009, 10:35 PM
lol just stumbled over this thread....

boot time folks ears pricked up too silly fee'z...

278d7e64a374de26f==