PDA

View Full Version : mastering?

mr.big.g
24-01-2004, 03:04 PM
just wandering what everybody uses to master their tracks,
im having trouble finding a program that i like and that can do what i want at the moment

cheers lads! :lol: :lol:

Barely Human
24-01-2004, 03:29 PM
To be honest, its not really the program that makes the most difference. Its the quality of the plugins that youre using. I mainly use Wavelab, as i find the wya you use the plugins in real time is a lot easier. The wave's plugins are rated as the best, so get hold of them. Its also got a lot to do with knowing exactly what you are doing. Mastering, unlike making a track, are completely different. When making a track, you can just fiddle with summit till you get it to sound right, but as ive found with mastering, you have to know what you are doing, and understand the reasons why.

There have been some really usefull posts on mastering on here, so just have a look through mate.

Daina
23-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Masterings a really touchy thing unless you gota rediculosly good setup and years of experience. I managed to **** up a few mixes by not knowing what i was doing. But having said that, you should try using izatope`s "Ozone" mastering plug-in. If you use it right it can make a really big difference. One thing i always do now is pick a track that is similar and very well produced and constantly compare my track to that as i master. That way you can judge how much exitation or widening is needed and not go over the top, which is always the problem. Hope this helps.

mitzi
21-07-2004, 08:57 PM
try looking for a programme called t-racks 24, very easy, quality mastering programme.
its got a replica of a valve compressor on it which can make your tune real thumpey and hard its also got a nice parametric eq section and limiter.

278d7e64a374de26f==