PDA

View Full Version : roland mc 303

YOGY
29-07-2009, 02:40 PM
hello peeps

just got into producing a few months ago , and trying 2 make some acid techno .,,,just wonder if the roland mc 303 its any good?? or should i just stick with the software ....
cheers

xes
29-07-2009, 02:43 PM
you're not going to get an acid line from the mc303 (I started a thread on that a while ago)

There's a few hardware options out there, that are supposed to rival the TB 303. The future retro revolution is ment to be a good one :)

The_Laughing_Man
29-07-2009, 02:43 PM
no, the mc303 is terible, especially for acid techno
get yourself the Audiorealism Bassline
it is the best 303 emulator out there

YOGY
29-07-2009, 03:07 PM
no, the mc303 is terible, especially for acid techno
get yourself the Audiorealism Bassline
it is the best 303 emulator out there

thanks for the advice dude , im using audiorealism atm , i just wonder because i prefer hardware for the fact its more fun instead of just using the mouse and u have more control of wot u doing in my opinion..
but seems i will have 2 use software tho , as i cant afford the real thing......

YOGY
29-07-2009, 03:09 PM
you're not going to get an acid line from the mc303 (I started a thread on that a while ago)

There's a few hardware options out there, that are supposed to rival the TB 303. The future retro revolution is ment to be a good one :)

cheers i will look into that....

TechMouse
29-07-2009, 03:10 PM
thanks for the advice dude , im using audiorealism atm , i just wonder because i prefer hardware for the fact its more fun instead of just using the mouse and u have more control of wot u doing in my opinion..
but seems i will have 2 use software tho , as i cant afford the real thing......
Spring for a good control surface.

YOGY
29-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Spring for a good control surface.

which 1 would u recommend 4 a reasonable price??????

DannyBlack
29-07-2009, 06:50 PM
You can get acid from an MC-303 if you have a wah wah pedal and a distortion pedal. Well not an acid line acid such, but you can get some pretty interesting results all the same.

For a wicked software 303 check out Audio realism bassline 2.

The_Laughing_Man
29-07-2009, 06:57 PM
i prefer hardware for the fact its more fun instead of just using the mouse and u have more control of wot u doing in my opinion...

Get a proper midi controller then, and stop using the bloody mouse

Abelton Live running 2 Audiorealism Basslines controlled with Behringer BCF 200

Fun fun fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qohe1OQ-Mck&feature=related

YOGY
29-07-2009, 07:23 PM
You can get acid from an MC-303 if you have a wah wah pedal and a distortion pedal. Well not an acid line acid such, but you can get some pretty interesting results all the same.

For a wicked software 303 check out Audio realism bassline 2.

its the audio realism bassline 2 any better then the just audio realism bassline????? its any difference between this 2??????

The_Laughing_Man
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
its the audio realism bassline 2 any better then the just audio realism bassline????? its any difference between this 2??????

Audio realism basslin 1 is better than 2.
In 2 the filter doesn`t quite behave right, and the lower tones don`t seem to hold up as well

acidsaturation
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I find it so amusing that the 303 in MC303 does still make people think 'Acid'. Good marketing maybe...

I think that's cruel calling it rubbish. Ok, it is rubbish, but it was fun when it came out. Got me started, and I still use the sequencer sometimes for some of the crazy groove quantize patterns. My girlfriend at the time bought me one when I was getting into making tunes and at the time there wasn't such things as reaper and free VSTs for skint people. Bless...

Anyway. Yeh, you won't get one piece of hardware that'll make a whole good track without spending gazillions on some uber keyboard.

Either a control surface, or keep collecting boxes.

YOGY
01-08-2009, 10:47 AM
In 2 the filter doesn`t quite behave right, and the lower tones don`t seem to hold up as well

i will keep using the AUDIO REALISM BASSLINE with a surface controller then , which controller would u recommend me 2 get?????

The_Laughing_Man
01-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Entirely depends on what your using it for , live performance or studio use, and if you want a keyboard

josephjobling
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM

i get roud the low end problem with a free plugin called rs gabriel it makes the bass line 2 sound alot sweeter.

YOGY
02-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Entirely depends on what your using it for , live performance or studio use, and if you want a keyboard

just for studio use and without a keyboard .......

fukktry
03-08-2009, 10:47 AM
when it comes to 303 emulations - check D16's Phoscyon - much better than Audiorealism bassline imho..as for controler my fav is novation's remote - this comes with faders,pads and knobs and keyboard. they also made a nonkeyboard version - remote sl zero. there's a new version on market now and it's more ableton friendly > http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_controller/zero_sl_mk_ii
check it, it's really worth money u pay for it. if u don't wnat ot a new one, check ebay for second hand item.cheers!

278d7e64a374de26f==