PDA

View Full Version : downloading techno from ... youtube and myspace!

Athar
29-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi guys,

What about all these several websites (like grabber) who are offering downloading the files directly from portals like youtube ?

The question is If i will uploading the wmv file from mp3 320 biratte and next uploading to youtube (promotion reasons) it means i giving the possibility to downloading that file (using some websites or special programs) and next converting it to mp3 with no quallity losses ?

the same thing with myspace, as ive heard there is some programs to downloading the files directly from myspace, is that means if the producer
uploadig some incoming tracks just for promotion it gives possibility to someone other to downloading it with the same quallity as he uploaded there ?

The_Laughing_Man
29-07-2009, 06:49 PM
well, myspace quality is shite, so I wouldn`t worry about that, youtube however, the only solution is to upload naff quality.

However it`s like trying to hold back the tide with a teaspoon.

Vinyl, WAV whatever it is online and available to the unscrupulous within a day, no matter what you do.

So I would say foget it, keep the quality up so people can here it properly, and those that want to pay will pay.

DannyBlack
29-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah no matter what you do Pirates will be Pirates. Like as we speak I'm downloading the Dirty bass back catalogue from a naughty russian site.

I jest of course. :-)

Athar
29-07-2009, 06:58 PM
So I would say foget it, keep the quality up so people can here it properly, and those that want to pay will pay.

yes of course, im totally agreed with this point.

just get very intresting link with debate on this issue from youtube forum:

http://help.youtube.com/group/youtube-issues/browse_thread/thread/163d1e24b5caa221/161720139b46d8bb?fwc=1

A.P.
05-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Just dont put the full tracks up mate.
I just put a 3.00min clip up now or if you are going to put full tracks up, put some little fades in so it's not playable.

DVNT
05-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Yea put up a radio edit (2/3mins) and upload at 128kbps. Good enough to hear online, but not good enough to play out. Most video upload sites convert the audio to 128kbps anyways.

But, people will still rip it. The Spanish breaks scene is known for some of it's DJs (bedroom types) to rip tracks of BBC Radio1 still with the idents in and play them out.

If someone is going to pirate it, they will. Be happy that your music is good enough that someone wants to pirate it :)

The_Laughing_Man
05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Just dont put the full tracks up mate.
I just put a 3.00min clip up now or if you are going to put full tracks up, put some little fades in so it's not playable.

WHy?
Your music is pirated the day it goes on sale
If you only put up short clips or whatever, all you are doing is crapping up your own product.
Your not stopping anything
Personally I won`t buy a piece of music unless I can hear the full thing anyway.

If people want to grab a shitty copy of yourmusic from youtube, let them, they were never going to buy it anyway.

Jay Pace
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
If someone is going to pirate it, they will. Be happy that your music is good enough that someone wants to pirate it :)

Best way to look at it IMO

Si the Sigh
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
WHy?
Your music is pirated the day it goes on sale
If you only put up short clips or whatever, all you are doing is crapping up your own product.
Your not stopping anything
Personally I won`t buy a piece of music unless I can hear the full thing anyway.

If people want to grab a shitty copy of yourmusic from youtube, let them, they were never going to buy it anyway.

100,000,000 agree with this ^

End of thread.

DVNT
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Best way to look at it IMO

Uploads Jay's back catalogue onto thepiratebay. muahahaha

qUE
06-08-2009, 11:04 PM
I've offered free downloadable tracks of my stuff for years on my website. Nobody has downloaded it or listened to it. It's win win :)

Probably because it's a load of rubbish anyway!

judas_beast
07-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah no matter what you do Pirates will be Pirates. Like as we speak I'm downloading the Dirty bass back catalogue from a naughty russian site.

I jest of course. :-)

Yeah, those sites are hosted in the Ukraine!

278d7e64a374de26f==