PDA

View Full Version : 2 Djs 4 decks tutorials

teknofilth
03-08-2009, 02:57 PM
anyone here do/done it?
if you do it, how do you go about it? eg do you both have a deck that is the master tempo and mix to that? what do you monitor? etc?
anyone got any links to tutorials etc?
have tried googling variants of "4 deck mix how" but get a load of traktor stuff
cheers ;-)

DannyBlack
03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I messed around with three before. Id have one playing locked grooves and thother 2 to mix with.

TechMouse
05-08-2009, 12:23 AM
You just both need to be on it to be honest.

And less is more. Keep everything EQd out as much as possible for most of the time.

Practice makes perfect.

DJ Asylum
05-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Only time i have seen it done is by Force 9 (Marc Smith & Jay M)

They use 4 decks and 2 mixers, so its just like 2 dj setups linked together. Then they just go for it. They both know each others styles inside out, so it just all seems to fall into place.

Will need to try and find my video of them.

TechMouse
05-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I've seen a few people pull it off...

Chris Liberator & DAVE the Drummer.

Pet Duo.

Sirius.

Had a go with mates a few times, and it can be hit and miss. But with practice it's definitely doable.

DVNT
05-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Loads of fun. Did it once at my old night with 2 DJs, 2 1210s 2 CDJ1000s and 2 Djembe drummers. Was wicked. But my mate was too pissed and after half hour he gave me the gameover sign and I continued on my own. DJing with 2 Djembe players. :)

Barely Human
05-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Done it before with my mate at Audio Factory. 3 turntables, ableton, 2 midi controllers, 2 mixers and a CDJ. I think you need to know how you want it to work since there is so many different possibilites you can do.

DannyBlack
14-08-2009, 05:10 PM
anyone here do/done it?
if you do it, how do you go about it? eg do you both have a deck that is the master tempo and mix to that? what do you monitor? etc?
anyone got any links to tutorials etc?
have tried googling variants of "4 deck mix how" but get a load of traktor stuff
cheers ;-)

Keep us updated on any progress you make and maybe slap up a mix.

Sam_Horam
19-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Used to practice it with 2 mixers/4 decks a fair bit and have played out a few times like that.

We always did it with one mixer having it's output going into one channel on the other mixer. So, the guy who was playing on the main mixer would play two tracks with a third channel available with one or two tracks playing.

As we got better we'd mix it up more and try some different stuff. I think my advice would be not to try and play to many tracks at once. Think about what the overall sound is like and don't just throw them in. It's tempting to play 4 (5 or even 6) tracks at once but it generally sounds shit unless you really get it right. Record some sets to see what it sounds like and take it from there.

DannyBlack
21-08-2009, 08:37 PM
We'll be having a 3 deck, 3 DJ battle tomorrow night. I may well record a set and get some video.

djfilthmonger
27-08-2009, 12:03 PM
We'll be having a 3 deck, 3 DJ battle tomorrow night. I may well record a set and get some video.

Yeah that was a fail on F2J's part going to simply red ha ha!

DannyBlack
27-08-2009, 11:40 PM
he went to simply red????????

djfilthmonger
28-08-2009, 08:29 PM
he went to simply red????????

yeah :lol: he loved it !

278d7e64a374de26f==