PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Played At Minus...

slavestudios
25-01-2004, 02:54 PM
ive been playing hardcore records (Bryan Fury etc) pitched down to about -6 over Rush & Wittekind records.

is this ethically ok ?

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 04:22 PM
if you like it and think is sounds good then go for it, some industrial hardcore would sound amazing in a hard techno set I reckon.

slavestudios
25-01-2004, 04:42 PM
hell, i'm still gonna do it. even put the 'Dirty' acapella by Aguelira over a Stay Up Forever acid piler for a laugh. pitch the acapell down, then thru a pitchshifter back up to normal with fx set up thru the mixer...

fun fun fun, but a bit cheeky given the looks on the faces of some of the local djs :lol:

dan the acid man
25-01-2004, 06:44 PM
hell, i'm still gonna do it. even put the 'Dirty' acapella by Aguelira over a Stay Up Forever acid piler for a laugh. pitch the acapell down, then thru a pitchshifter back up to normal with fx set up thru the mixer...

fun fun fun, but a bit cheeky given the looks on the faces of some of the local djs :lol:

that sound's great, its all about doing what you want and enjoying it :)

Numeric
26-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Bryan Fury's done some good s**t, his latest on Deathchant was one of their better releases of last year...

:lol:

Si the Sigh
26-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Deathchant... :rambo:

Numeric
26-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Deathchant has been one of the best hardcore labels in the world for about six years now. OK, some of their releases can sound a little tired and generic, but Hellfish is probably the best technological producer of all time, and deserves ultimate respect...

:clap:

subsonic
26-01-2004, 10:00 AM
I WAS MIXING 808STATE PACIFIC WITH HARD TECHNO AT YHE WEEKEND AND THOUGHT IT SOUNDED ****ING WICKED SO GO FOR IT IF YOU LIKE DO IT BE DIFFARENT DO YOUR THING ;)

Esox Lucius
26-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Hellfish is probably the best technological producer of all time

defo, same with venetian snares.

Numeric
26-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Micropoint, Laurent Ho, Joshua and The Producer aren't so bad either...

:lol:

djfurness
26-01-2004, 06:09 PM
hellfish is a god....
meat machine broadcast system is one of the best albums of all time!

aphex_hn
26-01-2004, 10:00 PM
hellfish is a god....
meat machine broadcast system is one of the best albums of all time!

meat machine broadcast system kicks asses

daviec
27-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I've been trying to find my Producer & Hellfish - No More Rock & Roll for ages. Dying to play it in a hard techno set.

Si the Sigh
27-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I've been trying to find my Producer & Hellfish - No More Rock & Roll for ages. Dying to play it in a hard techno set.

...now thats a fu*king tune and a half! :clap:

gumpy green
27-01-2004, 08:31 PM
prob be ok if you mix it right...if it sounds good go for it.

my last set at jakN, i played

suvivor-eye of the tiger(rocky3 theme)
and also put a wee bit of dani minogue ft riva-who do you luv now under leo laker -canny mind the name but its on tresor wi trumpets over a dirty beat.

ther see-

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonzliveatjaknjan04.mp3

tell me if its accepticle.....not that i care really cos i liked it.....think it went down ok mind....got a few good comments on it.

Numeric
28-01-2004, 09:07 AM
No More Rock n Roll was a good track, but Way of the Homeboy Part 2 is much better on the flip...

Classic s**t...

FuK-NuT
28-01-2004, 02:30 PM
hell yeh am all for this....genre busting, fukin with there heads...LUV IT!!

At our first jak-n night i mashed up prodigy's voodoo people with a mark tyler tune (zero d or summin) the way in which these tunes broke together i found fantastic....and had to be dropped!

GO FOR IT MAN... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==