PDA

View Full Version : Minimal Acid.

DannyBlack
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Im taking some time of the more complex drum programming that im at these days (im still shit but getting there)- so this is what ive been doing to refresh the head.

Im trying to make something stripped back and glitchy- mainly focusing on the acid line- see what you think.

http://rapidshare.com/files/263372947/minimal4thesakeofminimal.mp3

curly
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
on the DL now, I will have a listen tomorrow when it won't piss the neighbours off

DVNT
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Interesting concept. Downloading. :)

DVNT
04-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Not sure about the vocal samples. But the track has a good groove to it. Surely it's too fast for minimal? :P

DannyBlack
04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah I made the vocals but got sick of them so I mangled them up a bit. They won't stay.

We'll call this 'Fastpace Acid Minimal' <---- New GENRE!!!!

DannyBlack
04-08-2009, 06:16 PM
got rid of the vox, manipulated the line some more whacked up the verb and here is the second take.

I like it, it's dirty.

http://rapidshare.com/files/263691858/destroyingaline.mp3

DannyBlack
05-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Right, its not minimal any more. I finished my braindead little number haha quite pleased with it. Sorted out my reverb issue and put in some beeps and blips and here it is- let the acid line take you through.

http://rapidshare.com/files/264071052/destroyingalinefinal.mp3

djfilthmonger
06-08-2009, 01:46 AM
loving it Danny great work!

DannyBlack
06-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Cheers mate! Glad you liked.

curly
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Listening to it now.

Party time Acieeeeeeeeed.

A good tune this one danny, does what it says on the tin, so all good there.

right now onto my comments on production, Im listening to this again while I am typing so they may appear in a somewhat random order

Thie Kick Is nice and solid, and I like the programming on your claps. I feel that the acid line could be brought forward a bit in the mix as it is really the main part, you could try a bit of harmonic distortion and some stereo widening.

Your rides, Im not to keen on them, they seem to take up a bit too much space in the mix, if it was me i would change them for another ride, maybe a 909 or 707, as this is the genere made by roland after all.

I like the cheesey stab it works well, and sits in the mix well.

So all in all good work man.

What you using to monitor on now, as overall it sounds quite ballanced but the top end sounds a littel harse?

DannyBlack
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
thank you matey. Harmonic distortion- what vsti would you recommend for that mate? I'll try te stereo widening, never done it before so - new adventure.

I agree on the line yeah must be brought out more.

The rides- good thinking, i have a whole sample library of roland stuff so il go for that.

Im using some shitty pc suround sound system- awful shite. my amp is still ****ed! :lol:

cheers for listening, i put it all in play tomorrow.

curly
07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Danny,

For harmonic distortion use http://www.crysonic.com/nxtasy.html

But you could just try some chorus or delay, or even layer another VA synth using the same line to fatten up the sound,

I havent used it in a while, but for roland drums i use the ADM by audiorealism

let me know how you get on.

Little_Fella!
09-08-2009, 07:08 AM
File removed...

DannyBlack
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
here it is matey- it evolved a bit since the first post.

http://rapidshare.com/files/264071052/destroyingalinefinal.mp3

Little_Fella!
15-08-2009, 07:49 AM
This is Big Up on the Party Acid front... seems like you been busy since the first edit, judging by the comments (on headphones here so I'll do ma best)

Super squelchy acid number by far - - simple yet effective is my motto, it helps with production and this shows here... production has improved dramatically in fact...

That ride seems ok now but I would side chain it to a silent kick (ride chain) to let it help pump the tune - that acid line is nice n rich and the movement is good... all elements are sitting nicely in the mix - I like the busy hat pattern... claps could do with a bit of sparkle and the odd quick 'chachacha ... ..... ch' juss to define end of bar points as well as the kick pattern you do

Right so you really need to be looking at each of your individual sounds now... for the hat pattern I would perhaps tighten this up by turning the wet/dry down towards the dry end .. play with this n see how you feel .. play juss that n the acid line together and when you have found a dryer point you like add the clap (remove the acid) and bring the clap to a similar wet/dry and add Eq with a high-ish Q ratio at like 8k, to bring it towards the crispness of the hat pattern... then include the acid line .. see how that sits now... n then adjust as is

The riff works well with the tune @ 2:24 ... this can be a bit bigger as you have a little room left still for the acid line - work on this with the different delays you have - reverbs - any other adding effects you have and put them in a chain .. but only having like a 10% wet signal or so... this is fine tuning here as you want this sound to be as big as it can be but jussssst less than the acid line ... play around and you will get it .... oh and reverse the riff juss the once in the right place - or shuffle the notes around - mekks all the difference :;

Once sorted I would play this at a party no probs.. .. I might reduce the tempo by about 2bpm - outta taste and to make things more chunky ..

People will remember this tune on their way home from the party owing to the catchy riff n acid squelch massiff .. good stuff :cool:

DannyBlack
19-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Little_Fella- nice one mate! You guys have given me an immense amount to work with! Thank you guys, I have this and 2 others on the go at the moment so I will throw it up soon.

DannyBlack
21-08-2009, 12:21 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/269638119/Destroying_a_Line.mp3

a few alterations here and there- job done.

curly
21-08-2009, 07:10 PM
nice one Danny your best tune to date. If I still played Acid I would defo part with me beer token for this :)

Any chance of some loops for a remix, and maybe a midi file of the acid loop?

DannyBlack
21-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks Curly :-)
Yeah of course mate. If im not in too much of a state tonight I'll get a pack together for you. if im in too much of a state it will be tomorrow if thats ok?

278d7e64a374de26f==