PDA

View Full Version : Curly - Materialized views - L10

curly
07-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Some more deep dark techno ive been writing latley. And I have even started naming my tunes again.

anyway the link thingey

http://213.129.73.14/users_audio/15722/DT_ACFCF767405976.mp3

Little_Fella!
09-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Ahaaaa... more progress on the go here - nice to see :;

I notice you have introduced some quality ambient textures which are worked well with the tune and keep the journey flowing... that main synth is a nice sound and is nicely placed with the filter just texturing it at the right rate...

I'm on headphones again as I have had a nightmare month as mentioned in my 'burnt-offering' thread, but in general the mix is good - kick could do with shaping a bit more and adding a nice top on it to give it more punch - but hey I aaaalways say that ! :briggin: ...

Bass is a little saturated and wide but I'm thinking this is the preset your using causing this coz as soon as it backs off at 1:54 things clear again .. so check what else is happening as you raise the cut off with your movement on this...

@ 4:16 when you introduce it in the break you can hear how much room this is taking up - difficult as the idea is great but instead of trying to control it and losing the effect you want, I will have to say that perhaps you should find another bass sound which sounds more modern/ this ones a bit retro and it's causing you problems whilst trying to develop the movement you envisage... think 21st century! :mrmyagi:

The production is much improved again and I think if you 'minimalise' the bass then the clarity of your other elements will become more apparent but with less effort... if you get me

So yeah... use this moment to take some time to become familiar with all the different bass sounds you have - manipulate each one - ask yourself why it sounds cakk at a particular setting :sick: and why another sounds fekkin aWesoMe :psy: when you twist that dial... remember your up against some pretty baddass basslines coming from folk who are right nearby... innit :runinja: heh

Oh and one last pedantic point is juss that you wanna check your genre specific in yer description as I'd kinda put this in more of a tech/trance bracket, with the type of synth note n bass here, espeshially after the break... but you can tell me to fekk off if you like!

Very promising stuff man... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==