PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics - 'Path of Enlightenment' (test 1)

Little_Fella!
09-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Right I've had a nightmare month which started off buying an Alesis RA150 amp which broke straight away and then had to deal with muppets from the DJ Store offa Amazon ... Alesis fixed it sent it back and it broke again - and I am now waiting for my money back still .. a month odd :rucrybaby:

Anyways I have a Samson Servo 200 coming on mOnday so I should then be able to make some music without using juss on e fekkin speaker.. as if

This is the first sweep...

'Path of Enlightenment' (http://www.mediafire.com/?2ejmdmkmym2)

Looking for progression ideas as the structure is there - I juss wanna keep it simple but not so samey.. any production pointers more than welcome :cool:

BloodStar
09-08-2009, 01:20 PM
ey man, nice tune this. pretty deep sounding clonking pounder :]. those subtle melodies fit nicely, i like. lead sounds are good, too. content wise, cant say a word :]

production wise, bass is sweet. really like the work you've done in the lowend. maybe tad bottom heavy, not fully sure. would try to give more energy into mid range. need more punch and definition, tho. also hiend could go with bit more sparkle.
once you have your amp back and working, you just do new mix and you're there ;-]

DannyBlack
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
nice work. very deep, very funky and stuffed full if content.

personally with this one id would brighten up the rides, a bit more hissy. maybe a break or too with some wobbly bass.

top track mate- absolutely lovelly.

curly
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Good to hear you back on the production tip ben, Shame you have been messed about with that amp. Its a pain in the arse when that happens but lets hope you have better luck with the samson.

This is the firtst tune of your ive heard under the Dynamics name. I like it nice and funky, it's a wicked tune.

My few notes on production, but you will probably notice them yourself as soon as you get an amp. Your kick is on the border line of being boomey, im not sure but maybe it needs shorting a wee bit. The synth line that come in from the start is also a wee bit quiet, or just needs bring out in the mix. I do the the synth line that comes in at the 2:06 mark , it filles out the space well. Im not sure why but the kick seems to sit in the mix much better after that first breakdown.

on a side note the tune seems to finsih short at 5:09, and ive DL it twice, not sure if this was your intention or a problem at my end.

Little_Fella!
20-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Cheers Curly for the feedback there... :)

I now have a Samson amp and after some mad readjustments with my accoustics going all to pot it has suddenly brought to life my hearing ability.. I can actually hear the bass properly for the first time today!! - maaaan I have been driven mad I'm sure :crackup:

Will have a looky at the kick n bass matey and will tamper with the first riffy element that comes in..

Well spotted on the Dynamics front as this is actually a collaboration name with Steve, who was testing my computer's capabilities by throwing everything at it in a loop .. which I wasn't going to let go to waste !! .. so I've developed it into a tune .. if I had mentioned Steve straight off no one woulda posted at all!!

So nice one for thaT dude AND I here you are coming to the End of Summer Ball so looking forward to a Monsta Mash session wiv ya ... cheers :coolio:

curly
21-08-2009, 07:13 PM
End of summer Ball........... here we come...

278d7e64a374de26f==