PDA

View Full Version : JUST FOOTBALL ?

buster
25-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Not a massive football fan, more of a rugby league fan. Any Rhinos fans on here or am I the only one. If so, I'll get me coat.

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I hate rugby.

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 09:47 PM
footy & boxing are my sports.

buster
25-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I guess being from the other side of the pennines you've only got 2 good teams and they both cheat so I can understand why you hate rugby.
White Rose Forever :lol: :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 09:55 PM
one of the reasons I hate rugby was I was made to play it in school, we werent allowed to play footy, something about football was for common folk & rugby is a gentlemens game....posh pricks.

buster
25-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Nah - Downy, you're thing Rugby Union and yes it is full of posh pricks who only want to play so they can claim to "Be like The Commoners".
I'm talking about League - the real deal. A sport where men are men and so are the women ( especially from Cas :lol: :lol: )

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 10:48 PM
no difference to me mate, men chasing funny shaped balls. :lol:

buster
25-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I feel the same about football. 90 minutes of a match and it still ends 0-0 and on top of that you pay upto £30 to watch it ?? - makes no sense to me. It's nearly as bad as cricket. :nono:

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I feel the same about football. 90 minutes of a match and it still ends 0-0 and on top of that you pay upto £30 to watch it ?? - makes no sense to me. It's nearly as bad as cricket. :nono:

just cause its 0 - 0 doesn't always mean it was a bad match. Its not just the goal that makes it a fun game, its everything. The defending, the passing, the tackling, the creative thinking of players, the fast tempo, the clever tricks, the impressive accuracy, the powerful shots, the great saves and the great link up play when working as a team.

If you don't like it man, don't try to sum it up with a poor example of what "may" happen before a game and thats why its bad. How could you of known that it would end up 0 - 0 before going to see the match? And anyway there's a only a few Premiership clubs that charge £30, not all. And that's only cause your going to see millions of pounds worth of the worlds best talent, not just any old game of football.

I don't like golf or cricket, but I'm not going to bother insulting people with some poor excuse about why I don't like it.

buster
25-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone on here. :oops: :oops: I am aware footie is the nations sport but I was just putting my point of view across just like you have. I prefer rugby league because even before the match you know you will get some points scored and, as in football, you will get to see the worlds best players doing their stuff week in week out.

I do however, support my national football team whenever Internationals come around --- COME ON CYPRUS !!!!!

Esox Lucius
25-01-2004, 11:14 PM
not offended mate, if we all liked the same sport it would be a bit shit innit :lol:

any cricket is shit, agreed :lol:

Ashley
25-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Footie :love: F1, Athletics :cool:
Have watched Rugby b4 and it was pretty boring.

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone on here. :oops: :oops: I am aware footie is the nations sport but I was just putting my point of view across just like you have. I prefer rugby league because even before the match you know you will get some points scored and, as in football, you will get to see the worlds best players doing their stuff week in week out.

I do however, support my national football team whenever Internationals come around --- COME ON CYPRUS !!!!!

mate I'm sorry I've come across strong only cause I like it so much and generally don't like people who dismiss things with a brief statement. Nothing is that simple... (except for cricket, now that IS shit!).

:)

Col
25-01-2004, 11:29 PM

mate I'm sorry I've come across strong only cause I like it so much and generally don't like people who dismiss things with a brief statement. Nothing is that simple... (except for cricket, now that IS shit!).

you were a little harsh their hakks. its not like you mate. :doh:

im not exactly a rugby fan, but i always look out for leeds rhinos results, and i'll watch the rhinos play if their on the bbc. man, we are shit hot at rugby, well almost.

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:32 PM
I must be tired or something, I'm very rarely ever snappy like that.

Sorry man.

:cry:

buster
25-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah, it was a brief statement 'cos there's alot I don't like about football and didn't want to harp on about it. There's 2 questions I have though:-

Why do footballers get paid so much and how do the clubs afford them
Do you think that having so many foreign players in the Premier League detracts from the English players.

The sport in, my opinion, is a bit like a weekly soap opera at the moment.

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:36 PM

when I say don't like people I meant to say "don't like it when people" - I'd never not like a person because of saying they didn't like something or any reasons.

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it was a brief statement 'cos there's alot I don't like about football and didn't want to harp on about it. There's 2 questions I have though:-

Why do footballers get paid so much and how do the clubs afford them
Do you think that having so many foreign players in the Premier League detracts from the English players.

The sport in, my opinion, is a bit like a weekly soap opera at the moment.

one word... "AGENTS"

They are evil greedy scum who hold clubs to ransom on behalf of player, with the excuse that they only trying to do the player a favour. Of course, the player who has just got a new contract with £10,000 a week more is happy... but the scary threat from the agent that other clubs are interested in signing his client and playing double what he's been offered is a naughty tactic boarding on black mail!

lol...

Hakka.
25-01-2004, 11:45 PM

just cause its 0 - 0 doesn't always mean it was a bad match. Its not just the goal that makes it a fun game, its everything. The defending, the passing, the tackling, the creative thinking of players, the fast tempo, the clever tricks, the impressive accuracy, the powerful shots, the great saves and the great link up play when working as a team.

If you don't like it man, don't try to sum it up with a poor example of what "may" happen before a game and thats why its bad. How could you of known that it would end up 0 - 0 before going to see the match? And anyway there's a only a few Premiership clubs that charge £30, not all. And that's only cause your going to see millions of pounds worth of the worlds best talent, not just any old game of football.

I don't like golf or cricket, but I'm not going to bother insulting people with some poor excuse about why I don't like it.

man do I feel so bad posting this...

:(

sorry buster! I keep reading it over and thinking "doh!!! I could of worded better..."

sorry man.

buster
25-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Hey, I'm easy going mate so don't worry about it. I'll still love you just for your piss takes on the Bud Light posts :lol: :lol:

macca
26-01-2004, 01:21 PM
dont like rugby theres not enuff skill involved compared 2 footy, just a bunch of no teeth bouncers chasing an egg :clap: lol

Col
26-01-2004, 10:45 PM
dont like rugby theres not enuff skill involved compared 2 footy, just a bunch of no teeth bouncers chasing an egg :clap: lol

ha ha ha. :lol:

rugbys based on strength really, of course other factors are needed mind.

dan the acid man
26-01-2004, 11:31 PM
football, moto cross and speedway for me, well just about any motorbike racing infact

buster
27-01-2004, 08:51 AM
football, moto cross and speedway for me, well just about any motorbike racing infact

You can't beat watching a top fuel bike racing at Santa Pod doing the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds at over 220 mph. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==