PDA

View Full Version : Casimir's Blake - Separation At Aquilis (psychedelic dub techno)

Chis
12-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Hello BOA readers :)

I posted some tunes to this forum a few months ago, and only had some iffy myspace streams to give you. I've since refined my sound and upped a few tracks to Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/casimirs-blake

... including my newest piece "Separation At Aquilis". It's kinda an attempt to give dub techno a f*cking good kick up its complaceant arse, and is not the dull mid-tempo pish that certain "high-profile" dub techno producers put out...

I'd appreciate your comments, I hope my sound has improved. :)

Cheers,

-CasiB.

curly
12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Hiya Chis

There is some very lush synth work going on here, that sounds nice and dreamy. You have some good rythm work going on aswell, but I am having to strain hard to hear it as i feel it is not cutting thru the mix, just need to work to make a bit more space for all the elements.

I like you arangements and your tracks seem to progress well.

Chis
13-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Curly. Am I blind, or is there not an edit feature on the BOA forums? Edit (!): Not for "old" posts, fair enough.

I am still working on my sounds, building a load of them up as Ableton racks (I love Sampler!). I'm looking into augmenting some of them with sharper transients, I think that this might give things a more punchy, rhythmic feel. :)

One thing I wanted to add to the original post is:

Drums are a healthy mix of 808, 909, MFB and other sounds; and apart from one sound on "Edge of Venatici", all sounds are created by myself, with hardware synths.

-CasiB

Jay Pace
13-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Chis

I sent you PMs about using your track. Did you get them? Drop me a note with your email, need to talk about a release

Cheers

j

Chis
13-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Jay,

I sent a PM and an e-mail about a month ago!

Will send again...

Edit: It's saying I can't PM until I have 30 posts! :(

Let me know where I can get a FLAC to you, of the track you requested?

-CasiB.

278d7e64a374de26f==