PDA

View Full Version : Free mixdown and master for BOA peeps

dirty_bass
28-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Yo peepholes, I`m currently on a course that is training me up to become a production tutor.
I`m doing a lot of mixing down for the course, and I thought rather than doing my own stuff I might as well do other peoples gear to.

So if you want a free professional mixdown of your music reply here, I`ll also master the finished article on my analog set up (nice compression + valvestate reel-to-reel) as I don`t like to leave things unfinished.

You`ll be helping me out loads, and you`ll get a luvverly sounding bit of music at the end of it.

DannyBlack
28-08-2009, 10:47 PM
bloody hell thats generous. I have finished tracks, but im not sure they're good enough for that kind of treatment :-\

vinvanman
28-08-2009, 10:56 PM
WOW, that's nice man, fair balls to yea db

judas_beast
28-08-2009, 11:16 PM
if I promise it won't be hard-core techno will you do one of my tracks?

tonyc2002
28-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a couple of bits that could certainly benefit from your expertise dude ;)

The_Laughing_Man
29-08-2009, 01:07 AM
well, if you would like to email me an mp3 of your tunes to
dirty-bass-records AT londontechno.co.uk

I`ll check them out and then pick the ones I want to mix.

I`ll be doing a tune a week for the next 3 weeks (as I have 3 more assignments left), so I will need 3 tunes.
Not per person, this offer means 3 people could get a free mix and master.

I`ll mix any genre except gabber and the like, as it`s a waste of time, and wouldn`t be good for more than an hours work.

BloodStar
31-08-2009, 02:29 PM
what files should be sent to you for mixage steve? separate wav stems? or?

wicked offer, ofcourse. cheers.

The_Laughing_Man
31-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Well if people can just email me links (or email me the tunes) to mp3s of the mixded down tune I can decide which tune to pick and then I will require 16bit (to keep down file size) renders of each channel (or part) on your mixer

So render to individual tracks.
Take out any EQ you have used (unless it serves a specific purpose in an effect chain, ie to control a compressor behaviour)

I`ll do any necessary sidechaining as well, so thia will be a full mix down.

when I finish each tune I can make available the ableton project (which is what I will be doing this in) to whoevers tune it is I mix so they can see what I did.

I will need a tune asap for this weeks assignment

teknonotice
26-09-2009, 01:43 PM
you wanna mix down some stuff I made LM? :)

The_Laughing_Man
26-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Finished my course on friday.
Ended up mixing and mastering a Jay Pace Tune.
Just got into spectral balancing now with 32 band compression. Amazing, the holy grail of mastering, more effective than mid-side processing.
Will do another mastering offer soon as is taking a while to get the full hang of spectral balancing in this way.

278d7e64a374de26f==