PDA

View Full Version : sound morphing

Jimfish
26-01-2004, 06:04 PM
you know how you can get those programs that morph one picture into another - often used on faces etc, well i was wondering if there is some kind of gadjet or plugin that can morph one sound into another in a simaler way.. does anyone know if there is anything like this out there??
surely it wouldnt be that hard for someone to make..?

Patrick DSP
26-01-2004, 06:10 PM
this maybe or maybe not be along the lines of what your saying, but the new sound forge 7 offers plugin automation, so that way you can automate/morph from one effect setting to another over time.

or even with cubase's automation just take a had full of controles and change them over time.

but as for a gradual swiitch between piano 001 and patch 002 on a synth. i don't think they have that as a standard on all synth/effects right now.

Orange
26-01-2004, 06:27 PM
PROSONIQ morph VST Mac - Realtime Audio Morphing Plugin

Have you ever wondered if it is possible to seemlessly morph from one sound to another? To create those stunning effects when an object slowly changes its shape to become another object, but only for sounds? Remember how much fun it was creating new faces from photo...

www.prosoniq.net

Basil Rush
27-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Kyma! See other post, does exactly that, it's mental...

Jimfish
27-01-2004, 03:02 PM
yes boys, thats the stuff!!

Dustin Zahn
27-01-2004, 05:47 PM
The acoustic mirror option on Sound Forge will blend them together...but you get real weird, wet, washy feel to it...great for etheral stuff. :)

detfella
28-01-2004, 02:47 AM
another option is CDP but its old and the process of morphing can be a bit too intense.

I'd go for the prosoniq morph vst as well

jake
29-01-2004, 03:09 AM
you guys havent witnessed the power of sound hack? shame on you all!

http://soundhack.com/

it used to be some cryptic looking program but now they have pretty vst plugins.

278d7e64a374de26f==