PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to......

Nomak
31-01-2003, 03:14 PM
This is pretty vague but I want to know how to do this kind of reverse type effect that is used on a lot of techno records.

If you listen to the track posted by carl Max called D-tox on this forum youll see what I mean, its usally used at the end of the break to bring the record back in. Theres also one of sorts on the "think twice" tune by disX3 and it kind of cuts into the track.

Anyway if you understand what Im on about and have an idea it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tyrisia
31-01-2003, 04:52 PM
I think I know what ur on about, although I could be wrong..

Try reversing a bass drum or bass drum and snare combined, u get all sorts of weird and wonderful sounds from reversing lower end percussion - works 4 me anyhow! :D

Nomak
31-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Ive tried the bass drum but that doesnt sound that good, but now that you mention it I may try and resample a bar of the track and reverse that.. maybe that might sound ok?

Tyrisia
31-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Probably best to sample 2 b drums, one and octave up from the other, and then eq the bottom end, and maybe add a snare, I'm just guessing here, but I reckon that's the best starting point, and maybe layer a few more sounds until it sounds like what u want, if u use different tracks and just keep adding sounds in a non destructive manner u'll sooner or later find a sound u can use I'm sure!

278d7e64a374de26f==