PDA

View Full Version : Joey Beltam Quote..

Dave Elyzium
26-01-2004, 10:26 PM
pure techno has been around from the beginning - it is the beginning. It will always be around because that's what it is, pure

beautiful pearl of wisdom I think you will agree.

dan the acid man
26-01-2004, 10:33 PM
that man is class

MARKEG
26-01-2004, 10:54 PM
what is pure techno? pure techno is the original techno track... the very first techno track. i can see why joey would say this but i think techno now isn't 'pure techno' if you see what i mean. there's so many different styles. so this statement obviously doesn't count.

sorry, just speaking my opinion that's all!!!

Patrick DSP
26-01-2004, 11:20 PM
i'm with mark on this one.

joey is speaking like a character from the matrix. the whole "you will know when you know without asking", bullox shite. get over it.

pure or not. relevant today or not. if it makes people dance then that's all that matters. unless you were into glam rock in the 70's/80's then it's alabout clothes and labels and wearing make-up. no wait. that's dave clark sorry.

Sunil
26-01-2004, 11:31 PM
[quote]pure techno has been around from the beginning - it is the beginning. It will always be around because that's what it is, pure

This statement means nothing, it's like saying "Brown bread will always be good for you as we've always known it's nutritious and you can't get away from that" or something along those lines..

DJ Corbzy
26-01-2004, 11:33 PM
[quote]pure techno has been around from the beginning - it is the beginning. It will always be around because that's what it is, pure

This statement means nothing, it's like saying "Brown bread will always be good for you as we've always known it's nutritious and you can't get away from that" or something along those lines..

:clap:

MARKEG
26-01-2004, 11:33 PM
i'm interested to know when exactly he said this. i'd almost bet my life that this is an old statement from him......

miles
26-01-2004, 11:40 PM
pure techno has been around from the beginning - it is the beginning. It will always be around because that's what it is, pure

beautiful pearl of wisdom I think you will agree.

****ing class!

Sunil
26-01-2004, 11:48 PM
i'm interested to know when exactly he said this. i'd almost bet my life that this is an old statement from him......

Probably, 'pure techno' was a more popular term a few years back. Anyway he's not saying anything particularly bad or wrong here, just being a litle bit too biblical about the whole thing perhaps?

Dave Elyzium
27-01-2004, 12:11 AM
I think he meant (or at least this is what I've taken from it), that "pure" techno is that intrinsic backbone to all techno, trance, whatever that will always be around in one guise or another forever....

Taking up the brown bread thread, its like a bacon sandwich - bacon (techno) is in all forms of bacon sarnies (bacon + lettuce, ketchup, HP sauce whatever) but its still the bacon (techno) that makes it the best tasting thing known to man...unless your a veggie (handbag house lover) in which case you'll hate bacon (techn...oh I’m sure you've got it by now!)

;)

observer
27-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Who the hell would put HP sauce on bacon? The techno equivalent to bacon and HP sauce must be something like Umek´s Voices of Africa.

Dave Elyzium
27-01-2004, 01:21 AM
HP sauce MAKES a bacon sandwhich

romelpotter
27-01-2004, 12:46 PM
hmmmm bacon.. now im hungary :lol:

Esox Lucius
27-01-2004, 12:47 PM
HP is designed for bacon baps, anything else is wrong.

romelpotter
27-01-2004, 12:54 PM
what about beans..mnnnnn :love: :love: :love:

tioneb
27-01-2004, 05:57 PM
to me this has sense..

maybe "pure techno" means the techno from the origins... TIMELESS MUSIC ....

just look at what has survided through the years.. i dotn wanna involve personnal tastes coz u all woudl thnik i am saying biased things ... but look at all teh kms/ur/axis etc stuff which has been issed for over ten years now (just cehck the "favourite techno track ever topic...)

now look all teh crap issued in 2003 (ok im taking the worst year ;o) and people dont even play now anymore !!!!!

so in my opinion beltram is/was right : the music of the origins is timeless and is the only one (or among the few ones) which are still here............

would be actually very kewl he says this right now, would be kindof apologize for what hes doing

one
10-02-2004, 10:56 AM
HP and bacon...... well we all have to remember that alot of the people on this forum also eats MARMITE!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

G-BO
11-02-2004, 11:37 PM
...have to agree with what joey is saying, techno origins lie in new music being produced for the right reasons, which is pushing forward and creating cutting edge electronic dancefllor orientated music, thats what makes techno, not some bored out gack like umek - voices of africa

jake
12-02-2004, 01:08 AM
good words from mr. beltram but that still doesnt explain why he came out with "push"

278d7e64a374de26f==